QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers was always the guy, the question was simply compensation and I don't think Douglas will ever get fleeced. Any deal we make will be on our favor I truly believe that. 

Now they just need to sell out like LAR and NO did to cram as much talent on this team as possible in this 2-3 year window.  Get Rodgers and go for it.

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Now they just need to sell out like LAR and NO did to cram as much talent on this team as possible in this 2-3 year window.  Get Rodgers and go for it.

Yup go all in. Be smart but make us for sure SB contenders. 

At this point I'd be absolutely stunned if the trade didn't happen. Just a matter of when and what the terms are. 

If they're talking it's either confirming that they're a good fit for each other and/or discussing contract. That means this is pretty far along. Probably happening soon.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

That's a huge overpay. Especially considering the very real likelihood that Rodgers will be one and done here.  You are essentially asking for a second and third this year and a first next.

We'd be giving up a first next year for a dude that wouldn't even be on the roster by then. I also like your assumption that the pick will be at the endo of the first because old QBs never get hurt or fall off a cliff. 

I don't know where the 3rd round pick came in in my proposal, but give them that too instead of a 1st round swap (if that's what you meant with the point value). The point value is pretty nonsense anyhow. It depends on what stage of development your team is in in terms of the value, but I digress.

Packers would take a 9 million cap HIT by trading Rogers. They need to be compensated for that. Then, if they like a guy this year, they can move up, or add weapons around Love. Doesn't matter at that point.

The fact that Wilson can learn AND you add Rogers for a year? This is a match made in heaven. You give up the picks and move on with your teams. 

Rodgers for 2 years while Zach develops/learns and you still draft a guy within the next two years to develop as well. 

Give Zach a shot in 2025, if he bombs you're in prime position for Arch Manning in the 2026 draft. If he succeeds then you have your guy and continue building the way we're going. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers for 2 years while Zach develops/learns and you still draft a guy within the next two years to develop as well. 

Give Zach a shot in 2025, if he bombs you're in prime position for Arch Manning in the 2026 draft. If he succeeds then you have your guy and continue building the way we're going. 

This guy know what he's doing... send the resume to JD.

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yes, hopefully we don’t run any stars out of town (coach or cap wise) by then. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Been preaching this as well since the Rodger rumor started.  I guess it may have been our plan all along with the way this is playing out.  Zack will likely be in a no win situation with all the dead cap we could see (Rodgers retirement and whoever else we restructure/backload to contracts) but that's a conversation for 2025. 

I'd prefer to set it up so we eat everything in 2025 and have clean cap in 2026 and not spread it out but that's just me.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Pretty close to what I want. Issue only being is that after next year is when we have to decide on Wilson's 5th year option. So in your scenario we're picking up his option after this next season when his play to that date wasn't good and doesn't deserve that pay day. Or we're resigning him as a FA after the 2024 season. When if everything goes to plan. He hasn't seen a snap in 2 years really and now we'd be paying him good money?

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes, hopefully we don’t run any stars out of town (coach or cap wise) by then. 

Certainly a concern but any young stars would bring back a haul if needed to jump start the rebuild.  Have to think at least Sauce, AVT, G. Wilson are the priority to keep long term.