QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I think the Packers just want a reasonable return for him.  I don't think they're trying to extract a pound of flesh in the process.  I think they want a reasonable package for him, and I've ventured a guess that the price tag is a late FRP plus something more.  I don't think that's an insane take to have.  You have to remember, the Packers would have more dead cap if they were to trade him than if he were to retire.

The reality is the Packers have nowhere to turn, nobody else to call for a trade. A 2023 2nd and 2024 conditional 3rd is reasonable too.

Jets aren't going to be forced into trading #13, but the Packers ultimately will be forced to move on from Rodgers sooner or later. Forcing him into retirement because they didn't get the exact package they want is a horrible look for your franchise.

I'm pretty confident JD will win this stare down.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I could see Rodgers abruptly retiring if the season doesn't start off well lol. Can't lie, dude is approaching Kyrie Irving levels of "can you count on him?"

That would be a real **** move even for Rodgers.  He will at least finish out the season but he'll probably make people miserable until the end of the last game.

All of this leads me to strongly suggest the Jets take a quarterback THIS year. He does not have to take a snap, but the earlier (as in years, not rounds) we draft a guy the better we will all feel about our QB room going forward.

Not sure who the backup will be, but I really hope No. 2 is not our No. 2. I want him gone. Off the team, take anything you can get for him. Good riddance.

Edited by Jag68Sid87

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

The reality is the Packers have nowhere to turn, nobody else to call for a trade. A 2023 2nd and 2024 conditional 3rd is reasonable too.

Jets aren't going to be forced into trading #13, but the Packers ultimately will be forced to move on from Rodgers sooner or later. Forcing him into retirement because they didn't get the exact package they want is a horrible look for your franchise.

I'm pretty confident JD will win this stare down.

But trading Rodgers for peanuts is a good look?  LIS, I don't think #13 will be involved unless it's a pick swap situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

But trading Rodgers for peanuts is a good look?  LIS, I don't think #13 will be involved unless it's a pick swap situation.

It won't be peanuts, my prediction is similar to yours.

13-15 swap, our 2023 2nd, and a conditional 2024 pick based on our success and whether or not he plays beyond this season.

Just now, jetjuice said:

It won't be peanuts, my prediction is similar to yours.

13-15 swap, our 2023 2nd, and a conditional 2024 pick based on our success and whether or not he plays beyond this season.

That comment wasn't based on your trade projection itself.  It was based on the ones that said there was a Day 3 pick (or multiple Day 3 picks) available for him.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That comment wasn't based on your trade projection itself.  It was based on the ones that said there was a Day 3 pick (or multiple Day 3 picks) available for him.

Yeah that seems weak in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

why would we give away the 13 pick in the draft for a guy we are not sure will be here 12 months from now., this has all the ear marks of a Fredo Johnson deal. Woody Johnson is our FREDO.  hell no. to this deal 

The guy brought up Bakhtiari. I know Duane Brown resigned, but why not acquire Bakh if he's available? Not saying he is... but if you can't protect Rogers, it's over. I think they need LT by committee. It doesn't hurt to have three guys that can play LT, with the other guys shifting around the line when injuries inevitably occur. 

All in all, GB needs to try and win with Love. It's not like the division is great, but it will be very competitive with Minn, Det, and an improving Bear team. Everyone finishes between 6-11 wins potentially if not 7-10 (depending on NFC North SoS). 

Just now, WheatieMan said:

The guy brought up Bakhtiari. I know Duane Brown resigned, but why not acquire Bakh if he's available? Not saying he is... but if you can't protect Rogers, it's over. I think they need LT by committee. It doesn't hurt to have three guys that can play LT, with the other guys shifting around the line when injuries inevitably occur. 

All in all, GB needs to try and win with Love. It's not like the division is great, but it will be very competitive with Minn, Det, and an improving Bear team. Everyone finishes between 6-11 wins potentially if not 7-10 (depending on NFC North SoS). 

Packers aren't throwing Bakh in for the hell of it.

10 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

He has a huge contract and can't stay healthy, pass.  Just go backload a deal for Brown Jr if you want to fix the LT spot.  Not taking on Bak to have more injury prone OL guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Umm why is Miami freeing up all this cap space?

Watching McAfee as we speak and Rapoport was just on. McAfee asked the same thing and he said it's not for a QB. It's to be able to resign some of their own and maybe bring in some defensive help. 

• Like 1