Top 6 pick

Rogerthat

So, it's completely possible we're picking as high as 14 if the Bears manage to beat both the Browns and the Vikings.  If they just beat the Browns and lose to the VIkings (or vice versa which I could totally see just for the Fox of it) they would be around 10.  

Such a Bears move to deliver a turd of a season and then end up picking 14. Book it!

Looks like we most likely will be picking 9th.

Anyone that has studied the draft a lot more closely than I have up to this point, any guesses (in no particular order) of who the top 8 picks will be at this point?

The bears are in the 5 wins group.  the Jets play the Pats this weekend and the pats are playing for home field they won't lose.  49ers are playing the Rams Jimmy G has been playing great lets see if they can beat the Rams.  Denver is playing the chiefs at home.  Maybe the 49ers beat the rams and the bears move up a spot or two but looks like we are picks 7-9. 

Pass rusher, Corner, Offensive Tackle

If we're getting an offensive minded head coach, I want him to feel comfortable protecting with 5 and getting everyone else out in the passing game. Plus, left to right our line, age-wise should look something like: Leno (26) - Sitton (31) - Whitehair (25) - Long (29) - Rookie (23)

We could always move on from Sitton, so that's a pretty young line.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Pass rusher, Corner, Offensive Tackle

If we're getting an offensive minded head coach, I want him to feel comfortable protecting with 5 and getting everyone else out in the passing game. Plus, left to right our line, age-wise should look something like: Leno (26) - Sitton (31) - Whitehair (25) - Long (29) - Rookie (23)

We could always move on from Sitton, so that's a pretty young line.

9th picks is great draft ranged for a guy like Calvin Ridley. The Value and the need match nice at pick 9. 

Just now, Rogerthat said:

9th picks is great draft ranged for a guy like Calvin Ridley. The Value and the need match nice at pick 9. 

I'm inclined to agree, but I worry Pace is going to be gunshy since Kevin White bit him in the ***.

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

#9 is where I'm looking at Calvin Ridley and Roquan Smith.

I would not have an issue with Ridley at #9 but if we could trade down and grab a guy like James Washington while picking up another pick or two I think it would serve us better...a lot of similar WR talent in this draft all with different skill sets.

Doesn’t matter what number the Bears pick.

Adrian Peterson - #7 2007

JJ Watt - #11 2011

Luke Kuechly - #9 2012

Odell Beckham - #12 2014

Trent Richardson, Dion Jordan, and Blake Bortles all went #3.

If having a higher draft pick meant getting a better player, the Browns should have won like 16 Super Bowls by now.

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Doesn’t matter what number the Bears pick.

Adrian Peterson - #7 2007

JJ Watt - #11 2011

Luke Kuechly - #9 2012

Odell Beckham - #12 2014

Trent Richardson, Dion Jordan, and Blake Bortles all went #3.

If having a higher draft pick meant getting a better player, the Browns should have won like 16 Super Bowls by now.

Does it cost valuable draft currency to move up in the draft?

It does. That's the end of the argument in my mind.

Just because a team/franchise sucks at drafting doesn't mean that having a higher pick is the same or worse than having a lower pick.

Look at that meaningless victory last season against the 49ers (Barkley in the snow game). That cost us #3, two thirds and a fourth.

Archived