Top 6 pick

Rogerthat

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone have Auden Tate anywhere close to the first round, let alone top 15-20. Also any OL will tell you that one of the biggest things that helps them do their job well, if not THE biggest, is continuity. Bringing in Nelson so he can be splitting reps year one just isn’t going to happen. If we take him then Sitton or Long is gone.

Regarding Auden Tate, the draft forum here is quite high on him, with a few rating him as the #1 WR of the class in general....His combine will ofc be a main determining factor, regarding where he lands...but I like him more than I liked Alshon, personally... It just matters a bunch if he can demonstrate the speed/agility to go along with all the size/physicality he brings to hiis game.

Regarding the OG....to be fair however, I also think we have an above 50% chance of our 2 starting OGs within the next 3 years being Whitehair + Draftpick/FA....  Nelson being an elite level prospect would be worth it longer term... Sitton I expect to be gone after 1-2 years regardless, and I'm inclined to think Long's career won't be all that long either with how his body is seemingly breaking down on him.

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

On the topic of trading howard and drafting barkley.  This is stupid on so many fronts.  Lets start with you are talking about trading a rb who finished 2nd as a rookie and is currently 4th in the nfl in rushing, the only rb in the charter franchise history to start his career with back to back 1000 yard seasons, in favor of an unproven rookie. In addition theres a huuuuuuggge market inefficiency in drafting a rb in the first round let alone the top 10 picks.  Yeah id like to see howard drop a few less balls but the odds that you bring in a rookie and he performs as well as howard let alone out performs him are slim to none

It wouldn't be ideal, but it does fit along the "BPA" mantra.... I'd be half tempted to just take Barkley and keep Howard, but there's variables there with then needing Cohen to become more of a full time WR and being absolutely forced to run as much as we did this year, just to try and feed Howard and Barkley enough balls/game.... I'd add, that despite Howard's production, he's also had numerous games where he was completely ineffective/shut down.... and the rumors of him going out and drinking past 1am on a game night (one of the games he played like complete crap in) REALLY doesn't sit well with me...  Honestly the biggest downside to drafting Barkley/trading Howard to me is simply that I don't think we gain near enough value from dealing Howard out in a trade.

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Regarding Auden Tate, the draft forum here is quite high on him, with a few rating him as the #1 WR of the class in general....His combine will ofc be a main determining factor, regarding where he lands...but I like him more than I liked Alshon, personally... It just matters a bunch if he can demonstrate the speed/agility to go along with all the size/physicality he brings to hiis game.

Regarding the OG....to be fair however, I also think we have an above 50% chance of our 2 starting OGs within the next 3 years being Whitehair + Draftpick/FA....  Nelson being an elite level prospect would be worth it longer term... Sitton I expect to be gone after 1-2 years regardless, and I'm inclined to think Long's career won't be all that long either with how his body is seemingly breaking down on him.

It wouldn't be ideal, but it does fit along the "BPA" mantra.... I'd be half tempted to just take Barkley and keep Howard, but there's variables there with then needing Cohen to become more of a full time WR and being absolutely forced to run as much as we did this year, just to try and feed Howard and Barkley enough balls/game.... I'd add, that despite Howard's production, he's also had numerous games where he was completely ineffective/shut down.... and the rumors of him going out and drinking past 1am on a game night (one of the games he played like complete crap in) REALLY doesn't sit well with me...  Honestly the biggest downside to drafting Barkley/trading Howard to me is simply that I don't think we gain near enough value from dealing Howard out in a trade.

The guys here can like him all they want but the guys who get paid to prognosticate this stuff have him as a fringe top 10 WR in this draft. He doesn’t have a ton of college production. From everything I’ve seen he’s been battling a foot injury much of the season so it’s at least questionable if he’d run well in February or March, and without a solid 40 his draft stock will tank hard IMO. There are a ton of 6’5” 215 lb guys who can’t run and have limited production in college. Most of them are late round picks or undrafted. I think it would make a lot more sense for him to go back to school tbh especially with Francois presumably back next year.

But assuming he does come out, which new HC we end up with would dictate whether he even fits with what we are trying to do. If we go with Nagy for example he’s into smaller speed guys and that certainly isn’t Tate. 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Ill admit im biased but i would absolutely love to get josh jackson here opposite fuller.  His ball skills are top notch and i believe it would make it super tough on the outside for opponents bc both guys get their hands on the football (jackson comes away with it tho). I really dont like fitzpatrick all that much.  He seems like another alabama tweener that struggles to find consistency at one position like many of the other alabama cbs have in recent years

Fellow Hawkeye!?

5 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

I can see him sneaking into round one.  Solid receiver and he adds the return game.  I could see a Green Bay taking him

I was going to say he scream late first to me.Fast, talented, and some of the cuts he makes are just razor sharp. I think his 3 cone drill is going to be fantastic, just has great change of direction. 

59 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Watching Texas A & M bowl game, and as much as I love Kirk in the second, I don't think he'll be there.  You can see NFL stud written all over him.

Agreed (and that is before he destroys the Combine), but Serigne was looking good for Wake, showed more burst than I thought he'd have. Wouldn't be a bad 4th round pick to be a move TE if we don't go after Burton or someone else.

I think Kirk goes in the top 20.

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Holy hell Kirk is down. Left ankle just was rolled on.

I can't believe he walked off. Cart was on the field and everything.

I can see him being a target if we trade down.

Still, I think Minkah Fitzpatrick is the pick and if he's not there, trade down or best edge rusher on the board is my guess.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I can see him being a target if we trade down.

Still, I think Minkah Fitzpatrick is the pick and if he's not there, trade down or best edge rusher on the board is my guess.

That would likely be how I go as well.

Question is for you, do you put Minkah at S or CB? Or start him at S and move Amos in at SS while Minkah floats like Mathieu?

Just now, Sugashane said:

That would likely be how I go as well.

Question is for you, do you put Minkah at S or CB? Or start him at S and move Amos in at SS while Minkah floats like Mathieu?

I put him at corner in base, kick him into nickel in sub, and really just use him as a freaking swiss army knife.

If we wind up going DeFilippo/Pettine, Minkah Fitzpatrick will be a grand slam pick.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I put him at corner in base, kick him into nickel in sub, and really just use him as a freaking swiss army knife.

If we wind up going DeFilippo/Pettine, Minkah Fitzpatrick will be a grand slam pick.

We're on the same page there. I'd do the same.

He lets you get the best 5 DBs on the field at the same time. Have 2 safeties injured? He goes to safety. Missing a CB, he locks that down full time. He's an equalizer for a lot of mismatches.

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

he doesn't get past the brown at 4

Archived