Top 6 pick

Rogerthat

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

A guy built like Anquan Boldin bothers you? I would love every WR I had to be built like a RB if they still had the deep speed of Washington.

he has no route tree all he does is run go routes.  he has average speed he is a 4.5 guy and he is 6 foot.  NFL DBs are bigger and faster than Washington.  Great college player but probably a 4th rounder. 

Just now, Rogerthat said:

he has no route tree all he does is run go routes.  he has average speed he is a 4.5 guy and he is 6 foot.  NFL DBs are bigger and faster than Washington.  Great college player but probably a 4th rounder. 

I don't love him either.

48 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

That is an over simplicication of what he does in Oklahoma St scheme...he isn't the best route runner in the world but it is not the be all and end all...not only that but he will run quicker than 4.5 and so what if he is 6ft? Antonio Brown is 5-10" ...guess you don't want him either?...Washington isn't that far behind Ridley and to say he should be a 4th round pick us a bit of a joke IMO.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

That is an over simplicication of what he does in Oklahoma St scheme...he isn't the best route runner in the world but it is not the be all and end all...not only that but he will run quicker than 4.5 and so what if he is 6ft? Antonio Brown is 5-10" ...guess you don't want him either?...Washington isn't that far behind Ridley and to say he should be a 4th round pick us a bit of a joke IMO.

Most places I’ve seen list Washington as a likely 2nd round pick. I don’t see him as a top 10 at all personally but if he’s our 2nd I’m totally fine with it. The upside is there IMO but he’s a low floor guy coming from that system IMO. 

4 hours ago, Rogerthat said:
  6 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

12/26

1 browns - DE Bradley Chubb - Both top QBs have said they don't want to play for the Browns they trade for Alex Smith to be the 2018 QB

2 giants - QB Josh Rosen

3 colts - DE Arden Key - They need pass rush really bad

4 browns - S/CB Fitzpatrick

5 Bucs - DE Farrell - they need a DE

6 Denver- QB Sam Darnold

7 Jets - QB Lamar Jackson

8 49ers - WR Calvin Ridley

9 bears - All Three pass rushers are gone. Fitzpatrick is gone and Calvin Ridley.  who do you take?

If I had to to rank preferences on that:

1. Trade down get Auden Tate-WR

Best WR on my board after Ridley. Big and physical, can block on the outside for Cohen screens... and gets us an extra pick... *This is also assuming he shows up well @ the combine, which I think he will, and in which case I see him being graded in the 15-20 range....

2. Draft Quenton Nelson-OG @ 9

Splits reps year 1 with Long/Sitton, replaces one of them year 2.. Not ideal to have a part time player year one... but Long is a question mark via his surgeries/health, and Sitton via his age.

3. Draft McGlinchey-OT @ 9

PFF has him as pretty big stud 2 years in a row...he's hard to ignore and a position of high need.

4. Saquon Barkley-RB  @9 (With some kind of trade on Howard)

He's by far the best player on the board at this time, but lower on my list because we'd have to basically trade a young player who's also playing well.... and the value for the team probably isn't as hot, since I can't see us really getting a crazy pick in return for Howard...

6. Trade down for a Corner... Ward (~12), Donte Jackson (~17), Joshua Jackson(20+) could all be options

Could do a bunch of things with more picks, and corner is a need.

7. Trade down, Harold Landry-Edge

Combine is one of the most critical factors for edge players... They need high SPARQ numbers. Right now I have him as a late 1st rounder, but could be higher if he tests well. Talented edge and another pick? #winning.

8. Roquan Smith-ILB  @ 9

ILB depth is a need for us... My concern is his size is a bit low (225lbs)... He'd immediately be better in coverage than Kwiatoski though.

9. Vita Vea-NT @ 9

This is a slight reach as he should ideally go in the teens as a NT.... That said, Hicks/Vea/Goldman would be an absolutely insane front 3.

10. Derwin James -SS @9

Going from a pure BPA stance, James should immediately be in consideration for us.... On the other hand, Amos has played statistically out of his mind this season, and is cheap. The question is how much faith we'd have that Amos can continue to be who he was this season, because while he's not a game changer, he is at least a solid to above average starter right now, and we're probably better plugging other holes.

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

9. Vita Vea-NT @ 9

This is a slight reach as he should ideally go in the teens as a NT.... That said, Hicks/Vea/Goldman would be an absolutely insane front 3.

that would be impossible to run against that front. 

Ill admit im biased but i would absolutely love to get josh jackson here opposite fuller.  His ball skills are top notch and i believe it would make it super tough on the outside for opponents bc both guys get their hands on the football (jackson comes away with it tho). I really dont like fitzpatrick all that much.  He seems like another alabama tweener that struggles to find consistency at one position like many of the other alabama cbs have in recent years

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

If I had to to rank preferences on that:

1. Trade down get Auden Tate-WR

Best WR on my board after Ridley. Big and physical, can block on the outside for Cohen screens... and gets us an extra pick... *This is also assuming he shows up well @ the combine, which I think he will, and in which case I see him being graded in the 15-20 range....

2. Draft Quenton Nelson-OG @ 9

Splits reps year 1 with Long/Sitton, replaces one of them year 2.. Not ideal to have a part time player year one... but Long is a question mark via his surgeries/health, and Sitton via his age.

3. Draft McGlinchey-OT @ 9

PFF has him as pretty big stud 2 years in a row...he's hard to ignore and a position of high need.

4. Saquon Barkley-RB  @9 (With some kind of trade on Howard)

He's by far the best player on the board at this time, but lower on my list because we'd have to basically trade a young player who's also playing well.... and the value for the team probably isn't as hot, since I can't see us really getting a crazy pick in return for Howard...

6. Trade down for a Corner... Ward (~12), Donte Jackson (~17), Joshua Jackson(20+) could all be options

Could do a bunch of things with more picks, and corner is a need.

7. Trade down, Harold Landry-Edge

Combine is one of the most critical factors for edge players... They need high SPARQ numbers. Right now I have him as a late 1st rounder, but could be higher if he tests well. Talented edge and another pick? #winning.

8. Roquan Smith-ILB  @ 9

ILB depth is a need for us... My concern is his size is a bit low (225lbs)... He'd immediately be better in coverage than Kwiatoski though.

9. Vita Vea-NT @ 9

10. Derwin James -SS @9

Going from a pure BPA stance, James should immediately be in consideration for us.... On the other hand, Amos has played statistically out of his mind this season, and is cheap. The question is how much faith we'd have that Amos can continue to be who he was this season, because while he's not a game changer, he is at least a solid to above average starter right now, and we're probably better plugging other holes.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone have Auden Tate anywhere close to the first round, let alone top 15-20. Also any OL will tell you that one of the biggest things that helps them do their job well, if not THE biggest, is continuity. Bringing in Nelson so he can be splitting reps year one just isn’t going to happen. If we take him then Sitton or Long is gone. 

On the topic of trading howard and drafting barkley.  This is stupid on so many fronts.  Lets start with you are talking about trading a rb who finished 2nd as a rookie and is currently 4th in the nfl in rushing, the only rb in the charter franchise history to start his career with back to back 1000 yard seasons, in favor of an unproven rookie. In addition theres a huuuuuuggge market inefficiency in drafting a rb in the first round let alone the top 10 picks.  Yeah id like to see howard drop a few less balls but the odds that you bring in a rookie and he performs as well as howard let alone out performs him are slim to none

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Most places I’ve seen list Washington as a likely 2nd round pick. I don’t see him as a top 10 at all personally but if he’s our 2nd I’m totally fine with it. The upside is there IMO but he’s a low floor guy coming from that system IMO. 

I wouldn't take him top 10 unless guys like Ridley or Sutton are gone and we are still crying out for a WR after FA...I would like to see us trade down if we are taking him but I think the gap between some of these receivers is being overblown. 

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn't take him top 10 unless guys like Ridley or Sutton are gone and we are still crying out for a WR after FA...I would like to see us trade down if we are taking him but I think the gap between some of these receivers is being overblown. 

I don’t disagree with that. I think after Ridley and maybe Sutton that there are half a dozen guys or so in the 25-50 range and Washington is one of them. The process is so important for the OSU type offensive players. We don’t know that Washington CAN’T run other routes. We only know what we’ve seen him be asked to do. That’s a big part of why I think Rudolph and Mayfield should benefit greatly from playing in the Senior Bowl. Provided that he can in fact run a more full route tree than what’s asked of him in college, Washington should similarly benefit. 

Archived