The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

It's like PTSD I guess...you guys still talk, argue about a QB we don't have anymore in the thread of a different player...

It is sad that this forum is more or less still in the middle of CarrWars...

It's like in the movie where there is a lone Japanise soldier a few years after world war 2 on an island still fighting the war...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

It's like PTSD I guess...you guys still talk, argue about a QB we don't have anymore in the thread of a different player...

It is sad that this forum is more or less still in the middle of CarrWars...

It's like in the movie where there is a lone Japanise soldier a few years after world war 2 on an island still fighting the war...

Carr jr did just as well if not better than carr sr Imo yesterday I love how he took #4. Rook said it was the number given to him and he doesn’t care about #’s

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr jr did just as well if not better than carr sr Imo yesterday I love how he took #4. Rook said it was the number given to him and he doesn’t care about #’s

Was nice to see a #4 stand in the pocket without getting happy feet. The fact the staff gave him #4 is kind of funny. They were in a hurry to move on from that number lol.

• Like 1

Jacobs broke a lot of tackles and made a lot out of nothing. Our run blocking wasn’t as good as many think because Jacobs was so good last year, I don’t see the run game being nearly as effective with the current RBs/OL without Jacobs. If we want to compete for anything this year they need to make it happen. I don’t see the run game being a big enough threat and I don’t see the pass game carrying us either. Our best bet is a balanced offense that is highly efficient. 

• Like 3

He’s better, just is. He deserves to get paid. It’s a kick in the nuts if he isn’t on board by week 1 (let’s face it, most expect him in by then) and if he IS on board.....it’s a HUGE boost to morale. Plain n simple, btw....correct me if I’m wrong.....but he has ABSOLUTELY OWNED the donkeys!!!! Just git er done already....SMDH!!! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My stance is softening on Jacobs. The drop off from him at RB is a problem. I like Zeus, but admittedly he's a RB2 at best. 

They need to get Jacobs in and ready to go.

I've been saying this since I saw Zeus last season.  The guy just doesn't have the vision required to find the hole.  He also can't really break tackles as well as I thought he'd be able to with the nickname "Zeus."

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I've been saying this since I saw Zeus last season.  The guy just doesn't have the vision required to find the hole.  He also can't really break tackles as well as I thought he'd be able to with the nickname "Zeus."

I saw him move laterally once yesterday on a run bruh is north n south and that’s it

• Like 2