Week 13: Jets (7-4) at VIKINGS (9-2)

swede700

21 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm assuming no Darrisaw, which is a bummer but Brandel filled in admirably last week. Get CD77 healthy and ready for the stretch run.

Getting Tomlinson and Evans back on defense should provide a nice little boost.

Jets fans say their Kryptonite is defending the running game becasue they tackle poorly, so hopefully Cook/Mattison/Kene can wear them down for late game points on our side.

this is another one where we could get behind early and have to claw back, so no whining ten minutes in to the game, guys! lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Jets fans say their Kryptonite is defending the running game becasue they tackle poorly, so hopefully Cook/Mattison/Kene can wear them down for late game points on our side.

this is another one where we could get behind early and have to claw back, so no whining ten minutes in to the game, guys! lol

YOU DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE!!!!! :)

However, if the Jets defense is susceptible to the run, that bodes well for our gameplan. Ingram and Bradbury's biggest struggles are in pass protection. If we can get into a gameplan where Ingram gets to pin his ears back and find people to hit, and we limit his pass blocking snaps, that will help. Fewer passes will also help Brandel. 

I'd really like to see a dominant offensive performance in all facets. But another one-score win could be in the cards. 

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm assuming no Darrisaw, which is a bummer but Brandel filled in admirably last week. Get CD71 healthy and ready for the stretch run.

Getting Tomlinson and Evans back on defense should provide a nice little boost.

Good news...Darrisaw is actually limited in practice today...Bad news, likely still won't play.  But, he should be back for the Lions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Will be fun to watch JJ vs. Sauce, need Thielen, Hock, and KJ to show up.

I wonder if the Jets will have Gardner follow JJ all game or will they opt to put Gardner on Thielen and then roll help over-the-top for the CB guarding JJ? 

I'd like to see them go counter to the tape the Vikings have put out and 1-3 times fake the TE screen only to have one of the wideouts leave their block to go deep...

This is one of thee games where the Vikes O-line can't do-just-good-enough.   If they want to fly under the radar and not draw attention to themselves, its a bit late.   We're in the final 1/3 of the regular season and, overall, pretty healthy.    Beating the Bills and Patriots was important, but putting a dominating beat down on the Jets D would be exceptional.  

Finding ways to win has been nice -- great.   Starting the ascension, week-by-week, should begin now.

• Like 1