2023 Draft Declarations

Scoundrel

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Really?  He would be the QB for the Seattle Seahawks, I doubt Stroud goes over Bryce Young but who knows maybe he would and then would be the QB for the Houston Texans.  Locked in being a top 3 pick most likely. 

I think he’d be in the same range next season if he comes back. He’s not gonna go over Caleb or Young most likely regardless. 

But I’m not sure Jones and Johnson don’t come back if CJ comes back. I think they could go higher with another year as well. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I think he’d be in the same range next season if he comes back. He’s not gonna go over Caleb or Young most likely regardless. 

But I’m not sure Jones and Johnson don’t come back if CJ comes back. I think they could go higher with another year as well. 

Well if Jones and Johnson return that would be impressive if all three guys return and all three are 1st round picks.  Could be similar to Bama in 2020 when all those guys returned to win that National Title, DeVonta Smith, Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Landon Dickerson, Dylan Moses etc  Granted Smith was maybe a late 1st or early 2nd rounder if he declared, Najee well that 2020 draft of RBs was deep so was not an awful idea to return, so really that is not all that similar because Stroud, Jones and Johnson are all locks to be 1st round picks.  Could not say that about the guys that returned for Bama.

I would take Alt, Fashanu and Patrick Paul over Jones and Johnson, could also maybe include Broderick Jones and maybe Brandon Coleman as well.  The OT group is far deep with high end talent than this 2023 group potentially.  Jones and Johnson are clearly some of the top OL this year, would be in the mix but again the OT group is way deeper in 2024.  

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Telling y’all I think Stroud is coming back on his Andrew Luck 

He’s not going to want to go to Houston after someone trades up to 1 for Young. 

Who in their right mind would trade up to #1 for Bryce Young?  I can see selecting him 1 as a bit of a stretch (although I wouldn't), but giving up the monster haul it takes to get to #1?  I just don't see it.

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Who in their right mind would trade up to #1 for Bryce Young?  I can see selecting him 1 as a bit of a stretch (although I wouldn't), but giving up the monster haul it takes to get to #1?  I just don't see it.

I can guarantee it’s gonna happen 

he’s a flat out baller 

9 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You had a good list last draft season of guys you liked who did well this year. Give me a new list

I will I gotta watch more guys I haven’t even started scouting much

but I will say I already know my offensive guy is Zay Flowers. At least as a slot receiver. He’s got some AB/Randall Cobb/ Tavon Austin to his game. He’s going to be a dynamic player I’m hoping the Browns find a way to draft. But I’ll definitely post a list closer to April. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I kind of expected that considering his injury, and Cam Rising is returning to Utah so that puts them into the category of being one of the top teams in the nation for next year.  They are a totally different team without Rising.

Pretty nuts how many QBs ones expected to declare in 2023 are returning to college.  All these guys I thought would be done with college or be declaring and they all returned to school or transferred.  

Bo Nix Oregon RS
Michael Penix Jr Washington 
Sam Hartman Notre Dame 
Jayden Daniels LSU 
Cameron Rising Utah 
DJ Uiagalelei Oregon State
Grayson McCall Coastal Carolina 
Kedon Slovis BYU 
Brennan Armstrong NC State 
Phil Jurkovec Pitt 
John Rhys Plumlee UCF
Tyler Shough Texas Tech 
Spencer Sanders NA 

RBs aren’t like QBs. If you were a standout college RB, you’ll be able to pick up yards behind an NFL OL. It doesn’t mean you’ll be a for sure standout NFL RB. If you were a standout college QB, you could be completely impotent in the NFL.

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

RBs aren’t like QBs. If you were a standout college RB, you’ll be able to pick up yards behind an NFL OL. It doesn’t mean you’ll be a for sure standout NFL RB. If you were a standout college QB, you could be completely impotent in the NFL.

Corum was going to win the Heisman potentially before he got hurt, he was greatly improved this past year and the loss of him at RB really hurt that Michigan team.  He is easily the best senior RB next year but he is not better than TreVeyon Henderson or Braelon Allen so that probably kicks him out of the 1st round.  He is not better than Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs this year so would not be a 1st rounder this year either.

But yeah RBs are hard to evaluate, the 49ers just grab them late similar to what his daddy did at Denver, put them in that run game and they succeed greatly.  Then once it gets time to pay them, let them go and draft someone else to take their place and usually they draft them in the way later rounds.  McCaffrey was big time bucks for a RB but he was a special situation with his pass catching skills.

A good running team usually can find RBs who are just fine in the later rounds and they pay them nothing then just let them go after the rookie contract.  

These is a chance these guys are not even drafted, maybe two of them will be but who knows.  Put them in the right situation in the NFL and they could do quite well, especially the power backs who can run downhill.  

Zach Evans Ole Miss JR
Christopher Brooks BYU RS
Chris Rodriquez Kentucky RS
Travis Dye USC RS
Isaiah Bowser UCF RS
Tiyon Evans Louisville JR
Camerun Peoples App State RS

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I kind of expected that considering his injury, and Cam Rising is returning to Utah so that puts them into the category of being one of the top teams in the nation for next year.  They are a totally different team without Rising.

Pretty nuts how many QBs ones expected to declare in 2023 are returning to college.  All these guys I thought would be done with college or be declaring and they all returned to school or transferred.  

Bo Nix Oregon RS
Michael Penix Jr Washington 
Sam Hartman Notre Dame 
Jayden Daniels LSU 
Cameron Rising Utah 
DJ Uiagalelei Oregon State
Grayson McCall Coastal Carolina 
Kedon Slovis BYU 
Brennan Armstrong NC State 
Phil Jurkovec Pitt 
John Rhys Plumlee UCF
Tyler Shough Texas Tech 
Spencer Sanders NA 

Penix Jr. was the biggest head scratcher to me out of this group.

8 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

No surprise, but Jalen Carter declared

Figure Kelee Ringo will follow suit

Did Broderick Jones declare, as a RS SOPH he could be the #1, #2 or #3 tackle drafted and could be easily a 1st round pick.  He played great in that title game and is no question as good as any tackle in the draft for 2023.

Was not surprising but honestly that was Jalen Carter's best game of the season, and what it was all because he suddenly put effort into his conditioning?  Clearly the dude should have done that all season, and hell Georgia did literally the exact same thing last year before the Bama title game contest.  Should have learned their lesson then, but the motivation helped of Ohio State walking up and down the field on that D.  That absolutely did not happen in that title game and what that was a most one sided title game in the history of college football I assume?