Week 14: Jaguars @ Titans :: The Crossroads

VY-FTW

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

you have to assume there'll be a lot of chig in the slot, but knowing us we'll throw swaim out there instead. either way this team is cooked. another year, another unending wave of injuries.

I cant assume any creative offense.

Run left. Run up the middle. drop back, punt. 

i will say this: AJ brown is, as far as i can tell, the only major talent we've let walk who has gone on to (so far) stay healthier with a new team. unfortunately he also happens to be the most egregious one lol, but we all know that. as for CD, adoree, jonnu, conklin- they've all missed significant time with their new teams. i look at guys like david long, who is undersized, and kristian fulton, who is never not having soft tissue problems and it kind of just makes me wonder-  have we just been drafting injury-prone players? farley who is so obvious he's barely even worth mentioning, but are there other ways of evaluating this that we've perhaps been missing? of course we've been signing them too- guys like bud dupree and clowney came with that caveat for sure. but then you see a guy like treylon burks who mostly stayed healthy in college suffer two absolute freak injuries that are purely awful luck in his very first season with us, and it just starts to feel like we're cursed lol.

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i will say this: AJ brown is, as far as i can tell, the only major talent we've let walk who has gone on to (so far) stay healthier with a new team. unfortunately he also happens to be the most egregious one lol, but we all know that. as for CD, adoree, jonnu, conklin- they've all missed significant time with their new teams. i look at guys like david long, who is undersized, and kristian fulton, who is never not having soft tissue problems and it kind of just makes me wonder-  have we just been drafting injury-prone players? farley who is so obvious he's barely even worth mentioning, but are there other ways of evaluating this that we've perhaps been missing? of course we've been signing them too- guys like bud dupree and clowney came with that caveat for sure. but then you see a guy like treylon burks who mostly stayed healthy in college suffer two absolute freak injuries that are purely awful luck in his very first season with us, and it just starts to feel like we're cursed lol.

It is an issue. I think his first draft was his most healthy draft. With Henry, Byard. 

He just didnt draft well enough when replacing the guys he let walk.  If your stragergy is going to be get 4-5 cheap contracts with your draft and then replace them, you gotta hit. 
Adoree, Davis, Conkin, Jonnu all good players but not irreplaceable, also add in their health at time of contract time.

Arthur as of now is breaking that trend of staying healthy. 

Long missing this game, Nate davis Missing multiple games.  Hard to see them resigning them to big deals. 

As for this game, I expect it to be like 14-13. Or 28-17 with us having 17.  I don't see us scoring much. 

34 minutes ago, 615finest said:

i should be confident about this game but I’m not lol… and we’re only carrying 4 WRs again smh

I don't get why people care about us carrying 4. It's not like we are gonna use this garbage group we got anyways.

The path to victory is most surely gonna come in different ways. We know this.

If Treylon ain't playing. Passing game will be a full **** show. 

Better have some long screens to Henry and Chig. And have Hooper make a couple circus catches.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I don't get why people care about us carrying 4. It's not like we are gonna use this garbage group we got anyways.

The path to victory is most surely gonna come in different ways. We know this.

If Treylon ain't playing. Passing game will be a full **** show. 

Better have some long screens to Henry and Chig. And have Hooper make a couple circus catches.

That’s the problem lol.. we can’t spread the field if we we wanted to. Gawd forbid another WR gets hurt it’s gone be even more of a **** show.. Henry doesn’t stand a chance with no threat of a pass.. I just want us to score points if that’s possible lol

I don't feel good about this game at all. we're hurt, Jags are not and we just can't sustain this model of winning games with practice squad replacements week in and week out. 

we once again continue our model of consistently looking decent in the first half of games. score is probably 13-6 or something like that and we're winning at half time. offense once again lets us down in the second half and the defense is once again forced to be on the field too long and we end up losing 20-16 and the 3 points we score in the second come after the defense gets us a turnover and we start a drive in field goal range. 

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

because if one gets hurt, then we’re splitting guys like geoff swaim out wide the rest of the way. this has happened before and they simply do not learn

We do that when we have guys healthy. We literally draw up plays for Swaim.

The incapability of this o line and downing make having more than 4 or whatever receivers we out there whatever either way.

Swaim or trash like Conley off the street out wide ain't gonna make a difference either way, the passing game will be what it is either way.

My point is, we all know the path to victory. Ugly Titans football. Not a number 5 receiver off the street coming through to win us a game. Receivers for us at this point at this point are just bodies. Haha. Stitching together the mess we have to work with. We better hope we can get a lead early, Henry can get some daylight, and the defense can muck it up.