Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

OK, but that wasn't the question. 

The question is what it would take to extend Jordan Love before next season. He clearly can't be thinking he'd get paid at the top of the food chain. 

Low-end starting QB money starts at $30M/year.  You've got Jared Goff ($33.5M/year), Carson Wentz ($32M/year), and Ryan Tannehill ($29.5M/year).  Honestly, I'd probably use the Tannehill deal as an outline.

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

When does Rodgers officially go into the spirit world?  And does anyone know where this dark room is located? (not that it matters, I'm just curious)

Hearing conflicting reports.  McAfee reportedly said Rodgers is going in on Wednesday.  Some are saying today??

Edited by NFLGURU

Regardless of what day he goes in, you'd expect some sort of decision to come very quickly this week (dare i say there is a deadline of the 20th). It wouldn't at all surprise me if it comes before he goes in so that whilst the media is running their bull**** he goes offline as to not have to listen to it or feed it.

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

OK, but that wasn't the question. 

The question is what it would take to extend Jordan Love before next season. He clearly can't be thinking he'd get paid at the top of the food chain. 

IMO, to get Love to sign an extension you would have to offer a 3 year deal worth north of 85m with more than 30m guaranteed at signing + bonuses for performances etc

There is no way his agent lets him sign for less guaranteed money than what the 5th year option is or for more than 3 seasons

27 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

IMO, to get Love to sign an extension you would have to offer a 3 year deal worth north of 85m with more than 30m guaranteed at signing + bonuses for performances etc

There is no way his agent lets him sign for less guaranteed money than what the 5th year option is or for more than 3 seasons

I dont think the Packers are going to sign Love until he proves he can play.  The Packer are waiting for Rodgers to decide if he wants to play.  That says a lot. That 5th year option will be very interesting.

Edited by NFLGURU

40 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think the Packers are going to sign Love until he proves he can play.  The Packer are waiting for Rodgers to decide if he wants to play.  That says a lot. That 5th year option will be very interesting.

I agree. I was just answering the question of what it would cost if you tried to get Love to sign an extension

Id say the future of Love depends entirely on not only Rodgers decision but his commitment levels. Even if he wants to come back to Green Bay, Gute needs him to be exact in how long that is for. If its one final year before retirement then that factors into what the Packers do with Love just as it does if he commits for longer. There can be no more "we will see how I feel at the end of season" with Rodgers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

This discussion is predicated on if the Packers truly believe he can play. I was thinking, and put this in another topic somewhere, 5 for 150 with 100 guaranteed and a 50-million-dollar SB. 

Do it after June 1st so there are no cap implications this year. 

16 hours ago, Sandy said:

This is completely and categorically false.

Y'all should be ashamed to be Packers fans. 4 time MVP, all-time top five in almost every efficiency stat, and yes, he is a Super Bowl champion.

Regardless of how you feel about the age 39 version or his personality, Rodgers is inner-circle elite.

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well.  It may seem like I bag on Rodgers when I say things like he's not the best QB to ever play in GB, let alone the GOAT of all time.

Because to me, being a QB is more than having physical talent, it is also the leadership factor and the brains factor.

Starr to me is better than Rodgers.  Rodgers is better than Favre.  And in the grand scheme all time for the NFL?  I'd have a tough time not getting Rodgers into the top 5 or 6.  And my guess is that if I were to make a top 10 list, GB would have 3 guys in the top 10-12, which is remarkable.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well.  It may seem like I bag on Rodgers when I say things like he's not the best QB to ever play in GB, let alone the GOAT of all time.

Because to me, being a QB is more than having physical talent, it is also the leadership factor and the brains factor.

Starr to me is better than Rodgers.  Rodgers is better than Favre.  And in the grand scheme all time for the NFL?  I'd have a tough time not getting Rodgers into the top 5 or 6.  And my guess is that if I were to make a top 10 list, GB would have 3 guys in the top 10-12, which is remarkable.  

Favre will be memorable because he is second behind only manning for iron man. 

Edit Error: favre is iron man

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Favre holds the record for most consecutive starts by a QB.

Oh yea idk why i thought manning broke it. Not even close. The amount of hits favre took on his way there was insane. Unforgettable what he toughed through and even if it is matched at some point in todays game, it is different because qb protection is different. 

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Oh yea idk why i thought manning broke it. Not even close. The amount of hits favre took on his way there was insane. Unforgettable what he toughed through and even if it is matched at some point in todays game, it is different because qb protection is different. 

Even though QBs are more protected today, Favre's streak would have ended a lot sooner if the current concussion protocols were in place during his era.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1