Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Stumbled upon some quotes from the McGinn piece.

“AS OF RIGHT NOW, I’M CONVINCED — BASED ON MY OWN INSTINCTS AND KNOWING THE NFL AND KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THESE DEFEATS AND DISCUSSIONS WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ORGANIZATION, OF THE PACKERS’ INTERNAL DEBATES — THAT THEY ARE DONE WITH RODGERS. THAT’S THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW, THAT HE’S NOT COMING BACK. THEY’RE DISGUSTED WITH HIM AND THEY’RE DONE WITH HIM AND THEY’RE MOVING ON. THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE MONEY AND A TRADE PARTNER AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS. BUT I’M TOTALLY CONVINCED HE IS NOT GOING TO BE THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR

…IT’S LOVE’S TURN. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOING THAT WAY. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. THIS IS EVERYBODY, I’M TOLD. THIS IS MURPHY. THIS IS LAFLEUR. THIS IS GUTEKUNST. THIS IS THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH. THEY’VE TURNED THE PAGE. THEY DON’T SEE RODGERS AS A GUY WHO’S REALLY WORKING HARD ANYMORE. THEY SEE A GUY WHO — WHEN HE REPORTED THIS YEAR — HIS BODY WASN’T SO-CALLED ‘TIGHT’ AND STRONG AS IT WAS. THEY SEE A GUY WHO BLEW OFF THE OFFSEASON LAST YEAR. … THEY’RE DONE.”

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/packers-reportedly-moving-on-from-aaron-rodgers/

• Like 1

“Packers have all but moved on from Rodgers”

Bob McGinn committing “all but libel” to get one last bit of shine. Doesn’t give any certainty anything is happening. No proof. Nagler loves him though because they were cohorts. 

I’m “all but” a millionaire. As in, not a millionaire.

Do you guys see this crap yet? Rodgers literally can hide in a darkroom and there will be daily lies written about him. By people with no inside connections to 1265 or himself. 

No one in Green Bay is talking to Bob McGinn. Nor has he been accredited for at least a half decade. And to top off his classical cowardly journalism career—he does it when his subject is off the grid and can’t respond. Guarantee Bob McGinn leaves his family in the event of a house fire. Coward.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

“AS OF RIGHT NOW, I’M CONVINCED — BASED ON MY OWN INSTINCTS AND KNOWING THE NFL AND KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THESE DEFEATS AND DISCUSSIONS WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ORGANIZATION, OF THE PACKERS’ INTERNAL DEBATES — THAT THEY ARE DONE WITH RODGERS. THAT’S THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW, THAT HE’S NOT COMING BACK. THEY’RE DISGUSTED WITH HIM AND THEY’RE DONE WITH HIM AND THEY’RE MOVING ON. THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE MONEY AND A TRADE PARTNER AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS. BUT I’M TOTALLY CONVINCED HE IS NOT GOING TO BE THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR

…IT’S LOVE’S TURN. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOING THAT WAY. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. THIS IS EVERYBODY, I’M TOLD. THIS IS MURPHY. THIS IS LAFLEUR. THIS IS GUTEKUNST. THIS IS THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH. THEY’VE TURNED THE PAGE. THEY DON’T SEE RODGERS AS A GUY WHO’S REALLY WORKING HARD ANYMORE. THEY SEE A GUY WHO — WHEN HE REPORTED THIS YEAR — HIS BODY WASN’T SO-CALLED ‘TIGHT’ AND STRONG AS IT WAS. THEY SEE A GUY WHO BLEW OFF THE OFFSEASON LAST YEAR. … THEY’RE DONE.”

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/packers-reportedly-moving-on-from-aaron-rodgers/

Look, I actually like McGinn because when he was reporting for the Packers for many years, he didn't kiss everyone's *** in the FO like Larry McCarren and co. But this is also the guy who said that Rodgers wouldn't be back last year and that Rodgers was telling teammates in 2021 he wasn't coming back. It was BS then, and it's probably BS now, at least in terms of McGinn having any knowledge or sources about it. 

That being said, I hope his "instincts" are right. 

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Look, I actually like McGinn because when he was reporting for the Packers for many years, he didn't kiss everyone's *** in the FO like Larry McCarren and co. But this is also the guy who said that Rodgers wouldn't be back last year and that Rodgers was telling teammates in 2021 he wasn't coming back. It was BS then, and it's probably BS now, at least in terms of McGinn having any knowledge or sources about it. 

McGinn is a grumpy old a hole who thinks he’s way smarter and relevant than he is . His draft coverage used to be nice but then him and Dunne thought they were worthy of a pay wall and they’re not.

edit: I should add I don’t think they’re not ready to move on from him but doubt it’s the way McGinn portrayed it as.

Larry’s literally works for the Packers, it’s his job to only be positive. Every team has a communications team like that. At least Larry is a Paul Allen homer.

Edited by Arthur Penske

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Bob McGinn committing “all but libel” to get one last bit of shine. Doesn’t give any certainty anything is happening. No proof. Nagler loves him though because they were cohorts. 

Nagler hates McGinn's guts since the first day he entered the beat  with him and he's publicly stated it more than once.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m “all but” a millionaire. As in, not a millionaire.

Do you guys see this crap yet? Rodgers literally can hide in a darkroom and there will be daily lies written about him. By people with no inside connections to 1265 or himself. 

No one in Green Bay is talking to Bob McGinn. Nor has he been accredited for at least a half decade. And to top off his classical cowardly journalism career—he does it when his subject is off the grid and can’t respond. Guarantee Bob McGinn leaves his family in the event of a house fire. Coward.

Someone is in denial 😬

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Nagler hates McGinn's guts since the first day he entered the beat  with him and he's publicly stated it more than once.

I don’t think Nagler hates McGinn, he’s said he was a complete **** because he was always someone he looked up to and he was a complete prick to him when the beat hired him. 

14 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Nagler hates McGinn's guts since the first day he entered the beat  with him and he's publicly stated it more than once

Nagler is totally indifferent in regards to McGinn.

There. Now all of our bases are covered.

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is right. McGinn likely still has contacts and likely still knows how the Packers generally operate.

Now did he have lunch or coffee with LaFluer? Gute? Murphy? Doubt it. Did he talk to some board member? Probably.

Like you stated he was wrong before… and likely now.

Other idea… he might be one hundred percent right and they want nothing more to move on… but if Rodgers publicly says he wants back to GB, do they have the courage of their convictions to say no? I think many believe they will do what Rodgers requests. And the hope is Rodgers, himself is done with GB.