Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

36 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Stumbled upon some quotes from the McGinn piece.

…IT’S LOVE’S TURN. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOING THAT WAY. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. THIS IS EVERYBODY, I’M TOLD. THIS IS MURPHY. THIS IS LAFLEUR. THIS IS GUTEKUNST. THIS IS THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH. THEY’VE TURNED THE PAGE. THEY DON’T SEE RODGERS AS A GUY WHO’S REALLY WORKING HARD ANYMORE. THEY SEE A GUY WHO — WHEN HE REPORTED THIS YEAR — HIS BODY WASN’T SO-CALLED ‘TIGHT’ AND STRONG AS IT WAS. THEY SEE A GUY WHO BLEW OFF THE OFFSEASON LAST YEAR. … THEY’RE DONE.”

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/packers-reportedly-moving-on-from-aaron-rodgers/

Also, I think McGinn must have just finished watching Miracle before he put this out there: 

This-is-your-time GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by packfanfb

4 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

You're defending Bob McGinn. Can we bet a post admitting the other person was right?

Rodgers returns to Packers--you owe me one. Any other outcome, I owe you one. Deal?

Nope. I'm defending the logic that has been expressed by many. Don't give a **** about McGinn, but the content is logical and consistent with other reporters.

And sure, I'll take that bet.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

How would GB react if they really wanna go with Love and Rodgers wants to stay? He sits the bench, pouts and whatever, puts unnecessary pressure on Love. I’m curious on what y’all think 

If Rodgers is in Green Bay, he will be the starter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Nagler hates McGinn's guts since the first day he entered the beat  with him and he's publicly stated it more than once.

He literally called him a friend until he disagreed with him regarding Rodgers in 2021. There's a preexisting relationship there and I don't think Nagler hates him if he's sharing his work with 107k people. Maybe he's doing it to mock him but that's not how we're supposed to handle this kind of behavior.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nope. I'm defending the logic that has been expressed by many. Don't give a **** about McGinn, but the content is logic and consistent with other reporters.

And sure, I'll take that bet.

Okay no hard feelings either way, yeah? Just agreeing we disagree and now we have something to pass some offseason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Okay no hard feelings either way, yeah? Just agreeing we disagree and now we have something to pass some offseason.

Yes, just soft feelings for me. I just found your response to the info more extreme than expected ha. So it felt like you were upset about the reality Rodgers is likely gone.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

How would GB react if they really wanna go with Love and Rodgers wants to stay? He sits the bench, pouts and whatever, puts unnecessary pressure on Love. I’m curious on what y’all think 

It would be rough for Love.   Any poor performance at home would lead to chants for Rodgers.  Lots of questions by media on it.  Giant circus for GB.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:13 PM, HokieHigh said:

Compares Dan Marino to Aaron Rodgers; 2 posts later says cant compare between eras.

Kurt warner, Drew Brees, and Big Ben will also fall into this category. In the long arc of history, nothing they accomplished will stand as unique. Just swimming in a list of non-generational players that will grow longer and see them continue to fall in rank. Including better arms. If he doesnt win another superbowl, Rodgers will be lucky to be remembered as the guy after Favre but before Love. 

Not dominant enough to be a consistent difference maker in the era of brady and manning, surpassed in the era of mahomes. Just a guy.

You miss the point. By a significant distance.

Not comparing Marino to Rodgers from a playing perspective. Just saying you don't need titles to be memorable (and Rodgers has one anyway). 

There is one thing that Rodgers' career will not be and that's forgettable. Whether you love him or hate him or are annoyed with him or whatever people will remember him in some capacity. I swear that in 50 years AG Green will still be dragging up evidence that Rodgers wasn't as good as he was made out to be.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not so sure that’s true if you believe the McGinn story 

The way I read it, McGinn thinks Rodgers will be traded. I don't think he was suggesting Packers would keep him and put him on the bench. Actually, I think Rodgers would agree to a trade as long as it's to a team he feels he can have success with. I don't think he'd want to be here if he feels he's not wanted here.