Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hope Love gives them a giant middle finger the next day, putting a massive egg on the face of the sackless trio.

Absolutely, Love needs to come out and demand a trade if they allow Rodgers to come back and dictate how the organization is run for another year. 

I honestly can say, I don't know how much Packer football I will watch next year if Rodgers is back. I'm sick of this broken record. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pugger said:

Or was it Carr who wanted to leave?  Evidently Carr wants to check all his options.  Of course NY is waiting, like the rest of us, for Rodgers' decision.

If a team REALLY wants a guy, they don't let him leave the facility.  Money trumps everything.

Jets said all the right things...but did not do the right things if they were All In on Carr.

So, they are not.  They will wait to see about Rodgers first.

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Absolutely, Love needs to come out and demand a trade if they allow Rodgers to come back and dictate how the organization is run for another year. 

I honestly can say, I don't know how much Packer football I will watch next year if Rodgers is back. I'm sick of this broken record. 

I've been on record backing Gute and LaFleur, but this is a fireable offense to me. You sacrificed our present for our future and are now sacrificing our future for the present. The 2021 was a SB caliber roster, imagine it with Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman or Antoine Winfield Jr, all favorites for our 2020 late 1st. Instead you chose to make a sensible long-term pick for the franchise. 

So now we're being sandwiched by the opportunity cost of their failures. Not only do we not get multiple pick compensation, we also took a premium pick away from two SB caliber teams and made them worse in essence.

Gute is a good GM, LaFleur is a good HC, but good employees get fired every day for committing some act that's unforgivable. This is that act. I'm not even anti-Rodgers, I'll still watch him next year and hopefully he tears it up and goes out on a high note, but unless this year results in a championship all we've done is build for the future in years that we should've gone for it, and gone for it when it was time to look to the future. A direction less, rudderless organization right now that seems to be totally complacent just putting a competitive team together and watching the $$$ roll in.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've been on record backing Gute and LaFleur, but this is a fireable offense to me. You sacrificed our present for our future and are now sacrificing our future for the present. The 2021 was a SB caliber roster, imagine it with Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman or Antoine Winfield Jr, all favorites for our 2020 late 1st. Instead you chose to make a sensible long-term pick for the franchise. 

So now we're being sandwiched by the opportunity cost of their failures. Not only do we not get multiple pick compensation, we also took a premium pick away from two SB caliber teams and made them worse in essence.

Gute is a good GM, LaFleur is a good HC, but good employees get fired every day for committing some act that's unforgivable. This is that act. I'm not even anti-Rodgers, I'll still watch him next year and hopefully he tears it up and goes out on a high note, but unless this year results in a championship all we've done is build for the future in years that we should've gone for it, and gone for it when it was time to look to the future. A direction less, rudderless organization right now that seems to be totally complacent just putting a competitive team together and watching the $$$ roll in.

This is where I've been for a while.  They should all have extremely hot seats right now.  It's been a botch job since the selection of Love, and you didn't even mention the failures involving the Davante Adams situation.  It seems they have lacked direction for three seasons now.  We'll see what they do with the Rodgers/Love situation.  I suspect they will botch it as well.

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This is where I've been for a while.  They should all have extremely hot seats right now.  It's been a botch job since the selection of Love, and you didn't even mention the failures involving the Davante Adams situation.  It seems they have lacked direction for three seasons now.  We'll see what they do with the Rodgers/Love situation.  I suspect they will botch it as well.

Why don't you all wait to see how this plays out before declaring them on the hot seat and sackless?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Adams I put on Rodgers, if he was committed to the organization after 2021, we would've given Adams a deal, his holdout caused us to delay that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

But they have misplayed the past several years regardless with how this "plays out".

MLF and Gutey failed in the playoffs for a few years, but they probably won more games than nearly every other team over the period not including this year. I am as disspointed by the post season performance as everyone, but they're clearly not misplaying everything.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Adams could ( not have or will) turn out to be a long-term blessing depending on how Watson/Quay etc work out. We'll see.

If the plan was to win last year, it was a mistake. If the plan was long-term, Rodgers would have been traded last year or the year before. 

You can't have it both ways, regardless of how Quay and Watson turn out. I'm extremely hopeful both will turn out to be fantastic players. 

Edited by Old Guy

It is being reported Ol Rodg went in the dark Monday and came out Wednesday.

This would not surprise me, he hasn’t been able to finish anything late in the game or season for over a decade now.

It all goes back to giving the old man that bloated and stupid contract when they did.  It was fine to bring him back then, but under reasonable team terms.  Either Gute or Murph should have their head on a wall for that.

Now is now.  You can’t correct that, but you can begin to recover from it.  You do that by moving him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What failure involving Adams?