Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

If the plan was to win last year, it was a mistake. If the plan was long-term, Rodgers would have been traded last year or the year before. 

You can't have it both ways, regardless of how Quay and Watson turn out. I'm extremely hopeful both will turn out to be fantastic players. 

There was no world in which it made sense to keep Rodgers while getting rid of Adams.  It was a proven failure based on last years offensive struggles, no playoffs, and a losing record.  It was a major fail.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You mean, the one where he wanted to leave?

Because we didn't extend him the year before. 

I'm fine with moving on from Adams, the failure was keeping Rodgers when you did that. Given Rodgers distain for rookie WR's how did our management not know this was going to implode? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Because we didn't extend him the year before. 

I'm fine with moving on from Adams, the failure was keeping Rodgers when you did that. Given Rodgers distain for rookie WR's how did our management not know this was going to implode? 

He wanted an AAV of $27M+, which wasn't an accurate AAV for Hopkins.

59 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agree, he wanted to go.  His mom lives in Vegas, Carr was in Vegas and Rodgers wasn't sure if he was coming back or how long much longer he was going to play.  I dont believe this was a hard decision for Adams.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

He was lobbying for a contract prior to his final year.  

We did not offer him the contract that he wanted at that time.

Instead, we offered it much, much later and then his mind was already made up.

Like...I get it, from both sides.  And I always thought that Rodgers and Adams would be together.  Never did I think Rodgers would come back and Adams would leave.

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He wanted to leave after spending an entire off-season being told he wasn't going to get paid what he wanted, then following off-season suddenly he was worth what he wanted....

Look at Davante Adams' contract and tell me he got what he wanted.  It's effectively a 3 year, $48M deal with a pair of $35M options on the back-end.  I don't believe for a SECOND that if Adams' agent offered that deal that the Packers would have turned that down.  That's a bargain for a player of Adams' caliber.  But that "$27M AAV" looks very fake.

EDIT: It's in the same vein as the Hopkins deal being a $27MM "AAV".  Clever cap manipulation doesn't paint an accurate picture.

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He was lobbying for a contract prior to his final year.  

We did not offer him the contract that he wanted at that time.

Instead, we offered it much, much later and then his mind was already made up.

Like...I get it, from both sides.  And I always thought that Rodgers and Adams would be together.  Never did I think Rodgers would come back and Adams would leave.

Again, I go back to the comment I made to PR.  Did Adams get the contract he actually wanted OR do you think there was gross negligence on behalf of the Packers' FO?