Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So, it's basically the perfect spot for both Aaron and the Packers.  Yes!  Get it done.  Hopefully we are getting pick #13 and #43 .. I think that's key to giving us the ammo to get some weapons for Love and also getting defensive needs filled in those first couple rounds.

The Jets are a great spot for him.  Get them to the playoffs and he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Jets are probably talking to him about about commitment for 2 years, and Rodgers is probably talking about his posse' Cobb and Lewis.  Not sure Lazard would fit there, but he might.

Edited by NFLGURU

Jets sound good for a trade partner. The comments about taking his posse with him are hilarious. As sad as it was, there were points the ghost of Cobb was our most reliable receiver that's how **** our pass catchers are.

Gute better not even think about bringing back lazard, dude is painfully average and a fringe starter. If only we could get the picks pushed out a year so gute isn't the one making decisions.

Masterclass by gute in how to poorly build on a title team while extending him with no plan while simultaneously murdering our cap. He's truly one of the worst GMs in the league. Also hilarious some of the geriatrics said Rodgers had little to no trade value. 

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Jets sound good for a trade partner. The comments about taking his posse with him are hilarious. As sad as it was, there were points the ghost of Cobb was our most reliable receiver that's how **** our pass catchers are.

Gute better not even think about bringing back lazard, dude is painfully average and a fringe starter. If only we could get the picks pushed out a year so gute isn't the one making decisions.

Masterclass by gute in how to poorly build on a title team while extending him with no plan while simultaneously murdering our cap. He's truly one of the worst GMs in the league. Also hilarious some of the geriatrics said Rodgers had little to no trade value. 

Uhhhhh what? 

If we end up getting good return on Rodgers this was a great handling by Gute. Ended up getting one more shot with Rodgers in 2022 that was probably worth it considering how the previous two years went.

He's one of the better GMs in the league it seems. He's built a really nice roster given his draft capital.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ImpetuousStyle said:

It's a weird situation because seemingly the Jets are in win-now mode, and the only team with the space and capital to trade for Rodgers, and the Packers would clearly rather move on... and Rodgers has had enough of Packers brass, so no one's in a power position. 

It seems like the perfect fit in a lot of ways and then I read a tweet like this, that leaves the door open for a Packers return.

The #Packers haven’t wavered in their stance with Aaron Rodgers: They’re going to do what he wants. Return to Green Bay, trade, wish him well in retirement It’s about AR letting them know what he wants. Hadn’t done that yet (as of yesterday). Feeling is that he will soon.

·
Views

55 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That's from 2 years ago

In that context, the quote seems pretty odd.  I don't imagine GB started the off-season after the NFCC loss to TB by telling Rodgers they were going to trade him.  It makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If we end up getting good return on Rodgers this was a great handling by Gute. Ended up getting one more shot with Rodgers in 2022 that was probably worth it considering how the previous two years went.

If the Jets bid against themselves and run up the cost of trading for Rodgers, I'll owe Gute an apology.  I'll even consider admitting I was wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It seems like the perfect fit in a lot of ways and then I read a tweet like this, that leaves the door open for a Packers return.

The #Packers haven’t wavered in their stance with Aaron Rodgers: They’re going to do what he wants. Return to Green Bay, trade, wish him well in retirement It’s about AR letting them know what he wants. Hadn’t done that yet (as of yesterday). Feeling is that he will soon.

·
Views

This is the same thing @Mr Anonymousgot tricked by: it's the GB FO acting professionally. Word is out (and it's obvious) they want to move on. But they want to respect Aaron, so they're also having people say "it's Aaron's decision" to get some good PR.