Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is the same thing @Mr Anonymousgot tricked by: it's the GB FO acting professionally. Word is out (and it's obvious) they want to move on. But they want to respect Aaron, so they're also having people say "it's Aaron's decision" to get some good PR. 

I think they can dump the charade now.  It's pretty clear they want to move on from him.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but if we only get a 2nd this year and a conditional 1st next year it's a fail.   I think getting pick #13 from the Jets this year is a piece the Packers must get.  

If a Rodgers trade is in the works, probably a lot of moving parts beyond what trade compensation. Issue of how much, if any, of Rodgers $60 million will be paid by the Packers. The more they pay, the better draft picks they get back.

How many millions is a 1st round pick worth?

14 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I think they have the space to make something work. It usually only takes 2-3m extra cap to sign draft picks, since their salaries will displace others off of the top-51. 17.3m -9m -3m= 5.3m left

They can gain 6-7m space by extending Gary. & 11+m space restructuring Bakhtiari. & a couple mil each from Campbell & Douglas. 

Now is that enough for them to swallow the accelerating portions of the 2023 option bonus (+44m)? Absolutely not. But there is some middle ground for them to eat some of the deal.

Man, I do not want to touch the Bakh deal, do you?  I mean, I get it, cap space is cap space, but he's kind of the last contract I'd want to touch.  Pay as you go is how I'd play it with him and that deal.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Man, I do not want to touch the Bakh deal, do you?  I mean, I get it, cap space is cap space, but he's kind of the last contract I'd want to touch.  Pay as you go is how I'd play it with him and that deal.

Yeah at this point bank on Gary… and just do his contract even though the injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

It kind of depends on whether the Packers think they can contend with Love this year.  If they do feel that way then by all means lock down Bahk.  His health concerns me, but when he plays he's still elite.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It kind of depends on whether the Packers think they can contend with Love this year.  If they do feel that way then by all means lock down Bahk.  His health concerns me, but when he plays he's still elite.

We all know GB isn't contending for anything with Love this year.  This would be his trainee year.  

I'm not for kicking the money down the road with Bakh.  Love the guy, but I don't want to be paying him for years once he's gone.

And Tom very well could be the LT of the future.  If it were me, and clearly it is not, I'd be watching Tom closely this off-season and in camp.  If he's put on good muscle and got a better power base....well....then I'm feeling even better about LT for the future.