Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Trade Rodgers to the Jets. Rodgers plays 1 year with Jets and retires. Kirk Cousins is a free agent with void years in 2024. Vikings sign unretired Rodgers. Vikings lose in 2024 NFC Title Game. Packers win Super Bowl in 2025. Love is Super Bowl MVP. Rodgers retires for good. Appears in Wrangler commercials.

Might as well embrace it now.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Well, outside of the wranglers. 

Other than that it is pretty crazy how history is repeating itself. Rodgers has even started asking himself questions like Favre did. 

Edited by Toddfather

4 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I mean I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Well, outside of the wranglers. 

Other than that it is pretty crazy how history is repeating itself. Rodgers has even started asking himself questions like Favre did. 

It's too bad he's gonna struggle to commit welfare fraud in Malibu.

• Like 1

I'll start by saying I don't think Rodgers has lost the ability to play at a high level. His play this year was clearly affected by a combination of factors such as the turnover of staff on the offensive side of the ball (we lost 3 key staff that he had a tight relationship to), the loss of Adams which resulted in a younger WR room that was learning on the run and the injuries he suffered (playing with a broken thumb on your throwing hand will hamper anyone).

I'm reasonably confident he will return to close to MVP form next season if he has the desire to play on.

All that being said, I think that it's best for both parties if he moves on now. With how his contract is structured, if he stays in Green Bay for 1 or 2 more years, it hurts us even more cap wise once he retires. I also think there is benefit for him to go somewhere where he can contend for a SB as our cap situation isn't going to allow that until we clear some of the backloaded contracts and corresponding dead cap charges.

It is also more beneficial for us to get to see one year of Love and make a decision on if he is the next guy before his contract ends (theres no chance we pick up the 5th year option as it currently stands). If he is the guy we can tag him and work out a long term deal, if he isn't the guy we can go to the 2024 draft to get the guy

I think the Packers probably should have had some conversations with Aaron back around the time they took Love, but ever since they made that pick Aaron has been sticking it to the organization.  The Packers bowed to him and gave him the massive deal.  That should have ended it, but here is on Pat McAfee openly questioning whether the Packers want him and whether he might be better off with someone else. 

Everyone knows he's coming back to play in 2023, but he's got to play his off-season games of sticking it to GB. 

Hopefully the Packers brass is sick of taking kicks to the butt from this clown. Move the hell on!

Edited by {Family Ghost}

I wanted to add a little bit to my last post.  I was thinking how refreshing it would have been if he would have said .. I want to win the super bowl. I'm going to be back in GB to work with my guys this offseason.  I feel I owe it to the organization and my teammates to be all in.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

All that being said, I think that it's best for both parties if he moves on now. With how his contract is structured, if he stays in Green Bay for 1 or 2 more years, it hurts us even more cap wise once he retires

How does this hurt us "even more", wouldn't that be just him playing out his contract?

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wanted to add a little bit to my last post.  I was thinking how refreshing it would have been if he would have said .. I want to win the super bowl. I'm going to be back in GB to work with my guys this offseason.  I feel I owe it to the organization and my teammates to be all in. 

He did list like five teammates (a lot for one interview) after he said "if I come back it's to win it all, because otherwise what's the point". Prior to the MVP answer.

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers probably should have had some conversations with Aaron back around the time they took Love, but ever since they made that pick Aaron has been sticking it to the organization.  The Packers bowed to him and gave him the massive deal.  That should have ended it, but here is on Pat McAfee openly questioning whether the Packers want him and whether he might be better off with someone else. 

Everyone knows he's coming back to play in 2023, but he's got to play his off-season games of sticking it to GB. 

Hopefully the Packers brass is sick of taking kicks to the butt from this clown. Move the hell on!

Rodgers by his own admission says he wants to control the narrative.  He is likely trying to protect his legacy in GB and with the fans by trying to not look like he is happy to leave if circumstances aren’t met.  Or would actually prefer to play elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Rodgers by his own admission says he wants to control the narrative.  He is likely trying to protect his legacy in GB and with the fans by trying to not look like he is happy to leave if circumstances aren’t met.  Or would actually prefer to play elsewhere.

Finally got around to watching McAfee.  Rodgers was his usual chill self.  Think a lot of the criticsms in the media were unwarranted.  We won't have a decision from him for at least 2-3 weeks.  Also as he pointed out not sure what the Packers want to do either.  They may decide to move on with Love.  

Stated this several times don't believe we can win another Championship with Rodgers.  If the Packers bring Rodgers back yet again they must not have any confidence in Love.  Only reason they would hang on at this point.  To which I say so what.  Give the kid a chance and if he busts try again.  Get the cap situation straightened out and start planning for the future.  

Agree also with others serious reservations about MLF.  Steno should not be OC move him back to OL coach.  Can Barry and get a decent DC.  Continuity is great as long as you have competent coaches.  Not what I'm seeing here.  Love the Pack but unless changes are made to move the team forward we can expect similiar results to this year.  What a shame.  

13 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Finally got around to watching McAfee.  Rodgers was his usual chill self.  Think a lot of the criticsms in the media were unwarranted.  We won't have a decision from him for at least 2-3 weeks.  Also as he pointed out not sure what the Packers want to do either.  They may decide to move on with Love.  

Stated this several times don't believe we can win another Championship with Rodgers.  If the Packers bring Rodgers back yet again they must not have any confidence in Love.  Only reason they would hang on at this point.  To which I say so what.  Give the kid a chance and if he busts try again.  Get the cap situation straightened out and start planning for the future.  

Agree also with others serious reservations about MLF.  Steno should not be OC move him back to OL coach.  Can Barry and get a decent DC.  Continuity is great as long as you have competent coaches.  Not what I'm seeing here.  Love the Pack but unless changes are made to move the team forward we can expect similiar results to this year.  What a shame.  

The Packers have to go to Love to get an accurate representation of what they have in LaFleur.  

• Like 1