Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Jets make a ton of sense

Rodgers and Jones

for

1(13), E.Moore, J.Robinson and future 3rd

draft B.Robinson at 13 and an edge at 15

Moore is a great slot J.Robinson is the best 3rd back in the league and B.Robinson is the next Adrian Petersen.

Edited by fattlipp

8 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Jets make a ton of sense

Rodgers and Jones

for

Moore is a great slot J.Robinson is the best 3rd back in the league and B.Robinson is the next Adrian Petersen.

This is bad.  Like really bad.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This is bad.  Like really bad.

And why,  if you think Robinson is better than Saquon, which I do, what could be better for Love moving forward than a top 3 RB, which Dillon is not.

Moore I believe could be a top 10 slot guy in the league.  Jones will be making 20m and may get cut regardless and 1st(13) and 3rd is about as good as we can hope for for Rodgers at this point.

go forward with core of Love, Robinson, Dillon, Robinson, Watson, Doubs, Moore, Engram  maybe? 
Jones is too old to grow with Love…might have a year left til purgatory.

Edited by fattlipp

11 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Jets make a ton of sense

Rodgers and Jones

for

This trade is not good but a trade to the Jets may make sense. The similarities to Brett would too much haha

Jets, Aging QB, young 1st round QB in waiting, young offensive HC, waiting for 3 years,talented young WRs in GB, some vet Oline staying, etc. Plus the Chris Collinsworth dig vs an NFC east team during a prime time game then the young QB playing well.

id have to wonder if it’s likely wherever he goes it will be for a conditional pick(s) like Brett? Maybe not but I think Rodgers would fetch more than Brett got either way 

15 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Christian Watson is going to be a top 5 WR next year regardless of the QB.  But he will be number 1 if it is Rodgers.

I don't think he meant Jordan Love, the guy.  I think he means Jordan Love, the idea.  Rodgers has said that he wants to play into his 40s, why do they need another QB? 

As for keeping his friends, he isn't the GM.  I have no issue with him wanting to keep his friends around, but that is up to Matt and Gute, and position coaches down the line.  

I don't have a problem with him wanting his friends around either.  He's a lot older than the majority of his teammates so he probably has a lot more in common with them than the younger guys but I doubt he'd leave if management didn't keep them on the team.  IMO if Rodgers feels Gute and company are still trying to surround him with good players he will return.  Rodgers doesn't want to be a part of rebuild and I don't blame him.  As I said the other day I have a feeling management is not as ready to move on as a lot of fans are.  I think it is a good thing Gute and MLF are giving AR time to decide his future.  They gave him a financial commitment by extending him with that fat contract and now it is up to Aaron to decide.  

Its been a while since i've been on here. Nice to be back!

Anyway last offseason I explored possible trade destinations for Rodgers such as Miami and Denver. There are some teams who are still in play for Rodgers

Las Vegas Raiders. By trading Carr they can amass enough draft picks to make us a solid offer. Warm weather location and closer proximity to California might be attractive for Rodgers and also allows him to reunite with Adams. Raiders have a healthy cap too to make this work. The high draft pick (#7) and being an AFC conference team makes them strong candidates for the Packers to negotiate with. I suspect they would be the Packers and Rodgers no.1 choice should they decide to part ways.

New York Jets. Need to fix their QB situation in a big way. Hackett has interviewed for the OC job and if he gets the job (which I think he will due to the LaFleur connection with Salah) the Jets instantly make sense as a destination for Rodgers. Bigger market if Rodgers is into that sort of thing, Good offensive weapons (Hall, Wilson, Moore), easier division. #13 first round pick and an AFC conference team  Last year the Jets had two 1st round picks and with Rodgers coming off two MVP seasons so this was a missed opportunity to cash in big.

Washington. QB needy team, Soon to be new owner might want to make a big splash and Rodgers might fit the bill. However low #16 first round pick and being an NFC team might make them less attractive for the Packers to deal with. Rodgers would have Brian Robinson, Terry McLaurin and Curtis Samuel as his offensive weapons.

New teams:

Houston Texans. Two 1st round picks (#2 and #12). QB needy, AFC, Lots of cap space. The Packers would be all over them as a trade partner. Would Rodgers be interested despite the fact they are rebuilding? most likely not.

Carolina Panthers. QB needy, #9 first round pick, manageable cap situation, dumb owner. They will almost certainly throw their hat in the ring but they have no offensive weapons for Rodgers and being an NFC team won't make it easy for Rodgers and the Packers to reciprocate Carolina's interest.

Atlanta Falcons. If they feel unconvinced with Ridder then they would be a plausible destination for Rodgers. They have Tyler Allegier, Drake London and Kyle Pitts. Rodgers would have Jake Matthews blocking his blindside. The Falcons have a #8 first round pick and the second most cap space in the NFL. They are an NFC team but their high draft pick might ease the pain for the Packers trading within the conference. Dome team in a warm weather division, I suspect Rodgers would seriously consider them.

Indianapolis Colts. They have unsuccessfully been trying to replace Luck so I have to imagine they will show very strong interest. #4 draft pick and being an AFC team would get the Packers very interested. Ample cap space makes trade a viability. For Rodgers, Easy division, Dome team, Solid OL, Strong running game, Pittman and Pierce as his receivers. Only 4 hours by car and (i'm guessing) an hour flight to Nashville where he has a home. Rodgers knows Saturday, Irsay is quirky to say at the least so there might be some compatibility with Rodger's personality. This could work.

Conclusion: I feel there will be a strong market for Rodgers and there will be opportunities for the Packers to amass a tidy haul of draft picks. The Raiders, Jets, Colts and Falcons will be the main teams to watch. The Raiders will potentially be in position to have two first round picks if they trade Carr so they are the absolute favourites for me followed closely by the Colts.

Edited by Chili

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

Anyway last offseason I explored possible trade destinations for Rodgers such as Miami and Denver. There are some teams who are still in play for Rodgers

Las Vegas Raiders. By trading Carr they can amass enough draft picks to make us a solid offer. Warm weather location and closer proximity to California might be attractive for Rodgers and also allows him to reunite with Adams. Raiders have a healthy cap too to make this work. The high draft pick (#7) and being an AFC conference team makes them strong candidates for the Packers to negotiate with. I suspect they would be the Packers and Rodgers no.1 choice should they decide to part ways.

New York Jets. Need to fix their QB situation in a big way. Hackett has interviewed for the OC job and if he gets the job (which I think he will due to the LaFleur connection with Salah) the Jets instantly make sense as a destination for Rodgers. Bigger market if Rodgers is into that sort of thing, Good offensive weapons (Hall, Wilson, Moore), easier division. #13 first round pick and an AFC conference team  Last year the Jets had two 1st round picks and with Rodgers coming off two MVP seasons so this was a missed opportunity to cash in big.

Washington. QB needy team, Soon to be new owner might want to make a big splash and Rodgers might fit the bill. However low #16 first round pick and being an NFC team might make them less attractive for the Packers to deal with. Rodgers would have Brian Robinson, Terry McLaurin and Curtis Samuel as his offensive weapons.

New teams:

Houston Texans. Two 1st round picks (#2 and #12). QB needy, AFC, Lots of cap space. The Packers would be all over them as a trade partner. Would Rodgers be interested despite the fact they are rebuilding? most likely not.

Carolina Panthers. QB needy, #9 first round pick, manageable cap situation, dumb owner. They will almost certainly throw their hat in the ring but they have no offensive weapons for Rodgers and being an NFC team won't make it easy for Rodgers and the Packers to reciprocate Carolina's interest.

Atlanta Falcons. If they feel unconvinced with Ridder then they would be a plausible destination for Rodgers. They have Tyler Allegier, Drake London and Kyle Pitts. Rodgers would have Jake Matthews blocking his blindside. The Falcons have a #8 first round pick and the second most cap space in the NFL. They are an NFC team but their high draft pick might ease the pain for the Packers trading within the conference. Dome team in a warm weather division, I suspect Rodgers would seriously consider them.

Indianapolis Colts. They have unsuccessfully been trying to replace Luck so I have to imagine they will show very strong interest. #4 draft pick and being an AFC team would get the Packers very interested. Ample cap space makes trade a viability. Easy division, Dome team, Solid OL, Strong running game, Pittman and Pierce as his receivers. Only 4 hours by car and (i'm guessing) an hour flight to Nashville where he has a home. Rodgers knows Saturday, Irsay is quirky to say at the least so there might be some compatibility with Rodger's personality. This could work.

Conclusion: I feel there will be a strong market for Rodgers and there will be opportunities for the Packers to amass a tidy haul of draft picks. The Raiders, Jets, Colts and Falcons will be the main teams to watch. The Raiders will potentially be in position to have two first round picks if they trade Carr so they are the absolute favourites for me followed closely by the Colts.

Good post - any thoughts on Tennessee to add to this list? They felt like a possibility last year and I'm not sure what's changed. They didn't trust the rookie to throw the ball at all.

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Good post - any thoughts on Tennessee to add to this list? They felt like a possibility last year and I'm not sure what's changed. They didn't trust the rookie to throw the ball at all.

They have the one of the worst cap space in the NFL and they seem stuck with Tannehill's contract.

Not only that they have a mediocre #11 first round pick and isn't going to generate much interest from the Packers.

I don't see it.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chili said:

It probably won't be the Raiders.  Josh McDaniel's 2 prized pupils are free agents.  Tom Brady and Garrapalo both of who he had in NE and can get without any draft capital.  

Not sure how much impact Adams will have in the QB decision, but the cost of acquiring Rodgers makes it unlikely with the other two QBs being FAs.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

They have the one of the worst cap space in the NFL and they seem stuck with Tannehill's contract.

Not only that they have a mediocre #11 first round pick and isn't going to generate much interest from the Packers.

I don't see it.

You really think they would get better than #11 at this point? I hope you’re right

37 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It probably won't be the Raiders.  Josh McDaniel's 2 prized pupils are free agents.  Tom Brady and Garrapalo both of who he had in NE and can get without any draft capital.  

Not sure how much impact Adams will have in the QB decision, but the cost of acquiring Rodgers makes it unlikely with the other two QBs being FAs.

You do have a very good point but Miami and Jets will be heavily involved. Garappolo is familar with Saleh and their 49ers style offence so maybe he goes there. Brady was strongly linked with Miami and with Tua concussion issues they might seek out Brady to play for a year or two while they figure out Tua's situation. Some people think Brady will want to stay in Florida.

Rodgers is a year older and a year removed from an MVP season. With the Packers in cap hell we lose leverage forcing us to lower our demands to get teams willing to take on Rodgers contract. His value will certainly be lower now than it was a year ago and that lower value might still attract the Raiders to get involved.

The time to trade him was last year but instead we offered a big contract extension which we're now stuck with. We all saw it coming.

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I don't see it.

They save 45 mil from dumping Tannehill, Lewan and Woods. Plus how is #11 a mediocre pick!?1

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fattlipp said:

And why,  if you think Robinson is better than Saquon, which I do, what could be better for Love moving forward than a top 3 RB, which Dillon is not.

Moore I believe could be a top 10 slot guy in the league.  Jones will be making 20m and may get cut regardless and 1st(13) and 3rd is about as good as we can hope for for Rodgers at this point.

go forward with core of Love, Robinson, Dillon, Robinson, Watson, Doubs, Moore, Engram  maybe? 
Jones is too old to grow with Love…might have a year left til purgatory.

The whole value is brutal.  You're hoping that Bijan Robinson is as productive as Aaron Jones is, and that's coming from someone who really likes Bijan Robinson.  It just doesn't make sense to trade a very productive RB just to turn around and use that pick to draft their replacement.  And AJ Dillon is a solid RB.  We don't need to pay premium for a RB.  Taking a RB that high is just poor team management.

And then from a value side, sending Aaron Rodgers for Elijah Moore and the rest of that package is just plain value.  If Elijah Moore was as good as he think he is, he would have had more opportunities and he would have been more productive.  I'd buy low on him, but he's not someone I'm tripping over getting.