Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’d say more because there really weren’t many good teams in the NFC last year and some of them may have gotten worse so far through player or coach losses.

We lost to Minnesota.  Got crushed, actually.  Week one, where it typically looks like we are unready to play under MLF.

Lost to Detroit, twice, once in an elimination game...played at Lambeau.

Looked awful and lost to Daniel Freakin' Jones and a cast of WR's that may have been worse than ours.

Even the Jets beat us, soundly, and I can't tell you who played QB for them.  

Washington and Tennessee beat us up.

We are re-doing contracts to get under the cap and bring back as many guys as we can and we are losing Rodgers.  

Then there is Barry

green font

I'm sure this is part of Aaron's decision process. He knows the stipulations and what GB can do for next years roster. I imagine we'd welcome him back if he takes a paycut and guarantees that he'll be apart of all the offseason program (so long as they've determined Love will accept one more year of backup work). 

He also knows we're open to trading him if he determines he wants that, so he's going to hear the plan for NY and LV and compare them to ours. Wonder how much leeway they give him due to their QB desperation. 

Either way I'd expect the news to break here in the next 48 hrs.  

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I saw someone float the idea of having Corey Davis be part of the trade and then Lazard to NY. Kind of Interesting to think about.

We'd have to immediately extend him, but he has a very friendly contract to lower a cap hit.

My player target would be Jeremy Ruckert. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not though lol

You said "we all". I didn't.

I think there's a very strong likelihood that 2023 Love is better than 2022 Rodgers and the 2023 Packers are better than the 2022 Packers.

Very strong is a bit green and gold glasses while sipping green and gold Kool Aid. 

There is a likelihood that exists, it is not strong. Not like Baker Mayfield was our QB last year.  

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We lost to Minnesota.  Got crushed, actually.  Week one, where it typically looks like we are unready to play under MLF.

Looked awful and lost to Daniel Freakin' Jones and a cast of WR's that may have been worse than ours.

We are re-doing contracts to get under the cap and bring back as many guys as we can and we are losing Rodgers.  

Then there is Barry

green font

The Jets game was the only time that Zach Wilson has looked like an NFL QB.  

My sources are telling the Jets trade is done. Just working out Rodgers' contract. 

The deal is Rodger and a 5th this year for Denzel Mims, a 1st this year and a 2nd next year which could turn into a 1st if certain playing time conditions are met. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Very strong is a bit green and gold glasses while sipping green and gold Kool Aid. 

There is a likelihood that exists, it is not strong. Not like Baker Mayfield was our QB last year.  

Rewatch the first packers lions game last year and tell me baker mayfield + 30 million dollars doesnt win that game 

29 minutes ago, berndt_toast said:

Rich Cimini notes that routinely, permission to talk isn't granted unless teams have agreed to trade compensation. 

But what is routine about Aaron Rodgers, his contract, his uncertain level of commitment, or his uncertain level of craziness?  If there is any situation to go outside of the "routine", I think this would be such a case.  I think New York would be kinda crazy to acquire him if they don't have a level of comfort in talking to the man, and assessing how ready he is to commit for two years versus walking away after one, and assessing how ready he is or isn't to go all-in even for this year.  

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Disagree.

There's a lot of player growth I can see happening. Our OL sucked and was missing healthy Bakh and Jenkins much of the year. Our rookie WRs are now in year 2. I think we're going to add more to the pass catching room as well. 

I think our defense finally turned a corner with Barry and logically think there's going to be growth there, too.

I think Love, playing within the MLF offense, can be more efficient and productive than Rodgers doing his own thing in 2022. 

This team will have a completely different identity under Love. And I think that will be a positive.

It doesn't feel homeristic whatsoever to think we're better than 8-9 with Love. It's very pessimistic to believe otherwise IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Then there is Barry

green font

- and GB crushed MN in GB

- Daniel Jones is about to get paaiiiiiiiid and the NY giants were not a bad team. They beat the Vikes on the road in the playoffs.

- GB did not get "beat up" By washington. A crappy call on the rasul scoop and score costed GB a win and maybe even the playoffs.

- GB may be losing Rodgers. But Love could be better than an injured 2022 Rodgers. Big emphasis on the could

- GBs rookies looked very promsing and hopefully get a second year jump. Having Watson healthy changed the team.

- Hopefully Gary, Stokes, etc are back from injury.

- GB may have massive draft capital this year to improve

- Free agents can also help improve

- Yes Joe Barry is a liability.

its not a given, but if a few things go right, GB can be one of the better teams in the NFC.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

My sources are telling the Jets trade is done. Just working out Rodgers' contract. 

The deal is Rodger and a 5th this year for Denzel Mims, a 1st this year and a 2nd next year which could turn into a 1st if certain playing time conditions are met. 

What else does Norm's mom have to say?

• Like 2