Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I really don't think there's bad blood there between him and management, just an openness on both sides to move on. 

I think you are right.  I think it's over and Packers are bending over to help him go where he wants within reason.   The guys number will be retired in Green Bay, and his name will be on the facade.  It's not like they are kicking him out and saying good riddance.  He's Packer royalty.  I'm not sure if he's on the Packers Mount Rushmore, but he's on the second mountain for sure.   They are trying to handle this as best as they can.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This dude really is going to do the whole song and dance and then decide to stay isn't he?

And he'll probably spin it as "I love GB so much that I had all these meetings with the Jets and decided I couldn't leave.  I did all of this for the Packers organization and the fans!"

• Like 2

Aaron would be an idiot to not go to the Jets.

He knows Hackett. They’ve got the most promising young depth chart in the NFL. There’s nobody else in the division except for Allen, but Allen’s contract is hitting the Bills now and they’re not improving much.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

The Packers must've given the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers otherwise it would be tampering.

Not only that the Packers and the Jets must've agreed on the outlines of the trade terms. Wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to talk to them otherwise.

I hope to see other teams get involved to drive up the price. I'm looking at Raiders, Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Texans and Titans.

I would think Rodgers would like to visit other teams rather than jumping at the first offer. He needs to satisfy his ego first.

He'd be a damn fool to take the first offer unless the fit is right.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

they are not, but even if they were, that's wonderful and is consistent with my original point you took issue with.

Other teams do smart contract structures and trades, too.

the issue I'm having is you're saying the special structure of the 3/150 extension is helping them get more in a trade than they would otherwise.  Rodgers was already signed for 2023 at an affordable number.  If they traded him on that deal, the jets wouldn't be hemming and hawing about compensation because they could structure the cap hits/options/bonus money with a new extension that worked for them.

Instead, he's on this deal that helped create $7M cap room for a 2022 push that fell completely flat.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I just wish it was literally any team other than the Jets. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Rodgers turns them down for no other reason than not wanting to repeat the Favre storyline.

Christ.  It's like there's an echo on this board.