Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

10 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Jacobs said won't play on the franchise tag unless they get a good QB and go all in, think they trade him then?

Jacobs has zero leverage here.  The Raiders will be more than happy to let Jacobs lose those game checks if he refuses to sign.

16 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

There will always be plays during a game that could have been converted on offense. That's not nearly the same thing as failing to do something that happens maybe 4% of the times it's attempted? 

Go check how many times we were inside the 6 yard line and how many points we got.  

Our point total is going to be in the 4% of range of what typically happens, would be my bet.

Also...I get what you are saying about the onside.

But there's a lot more to that game than the onside.  That play was just the icing on the cake.  Or...chunk of corn on the tip of the turd.

14 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Very astute Outpost and correct.  Team chemistry, leadership, and attitude have a lot to do with success.  I'm thinking Love is going to be pretty good.  He's finally ready.  We have some guys Walker and Wyatt that's the future on D. Clark is a bad man too.  It will be really fun to watch the Packers next year.  They will be a tougher team for sure.  

LOL at Clark being a bad man.  Dude literally let MVS call him a baby hippo while filming on social media and laughed about it.  Clark is more likely face timing (is that still a thing) with Mike Daniels about Pokemon and cosplay than he is being a "bad man".  He's a very good football player.  He's just a very nice and good football player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL at Clark being a bad man.  Dude literally let MVS call him a baby hippo while filming on social media and laughed about it.  Clark is more likely face timing (is that still a thing) with Mike Daniels about Pokemon and cosplay than he is being a "bad man".  He's a very good football player.  He's just a very nice and good football player.

Outpost Jr.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well that's pretty funny.  Watch his interviews comes across a lot like Mike Daniels.  Nah he's a man.  Sorry to disagree but it's not like the dude is a big teddy bear. 

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

For NFL executive Joe Banner thinks the Jets are pretty desperate to get Rodgers and will probably meet the Packers asking price.  He thought the asking price is probably (2) first round picks.  I hope we get close to that.   He talks about it halfway thru this video on Rich Eisen show. 

If you didn't give the original post with this video a like or football, that means you didn't listen.  Which means you missed out on what may be the best conversation you will ever hear from a GM.

It was so full of info, I can't even unpack it.  But he talks about compensation...GM/HC being on the hot seat and the need to do something to get over a hump.  Who cares about picks, because they are trading picks that are likely to be the "next guys' picks" if the trade is not made.  Because what they were doing wasn't working.

Just straight shooting.

11 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Also doesn’t hurt that he painted the picture of them being desperate and willing to give up more than a lot think 😂 

Yup.

"There is a difference between what SHOULD be done versus what WILL be done."

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

Love might not look great his first season starting but Rodgers didn't set the league on fire in 2008 either.  If Love is still struggling in 2024 Gute will be on the hot seat.

I once thought that too, concerning Rodgers is 2008.

4,038 yards.  28 td's.  13int's.  

800 yards more and 13 more TD's than Daniel Jones just had that earned him a nice contract.  For context.  Only 9 QB's, last year, had more yards than Rodgers did in 08.  Yeah, he was pretty good that year, too.  

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Go check how many times we were inside the 6 yard line and how many points we got.  

Our point total is going to be in the 4% of range of what typically happens, would be my bet.

Also...I get what you are saying about the onside.

But there's a lot more to that game than the onside.  That play was just the icing on the cake.  Or...chunk of corn on the tip of the turd.

You can do this with individual plays all day long. If only we made this tackle or caught this ball. We are the only team ever to lose a Superbowl bid on a onside kick. 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

800 yards more and 13 more TD's than Daniel Jones just had that earned him a nice contract.  For context.  Only 9 QB's, last year, had more yards than Rodgers did in 08.  Yeah, he was pretty good that year, too.  

Rodgers' stats were good in 2008 but our record was not.  AR had a better team around him than Love will this coming season should he be our starter.

Edited by Pugger

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Don't let facts get in the way of how most of these people feel about Rodgers. I believe RT said we'd be lucky to get a mid round pick for Rodgers now and we have people comparing him a year removed from the MVP as Kyle Orton. 

• Like 1