Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

59 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

There is nothing wrong with my statment that Love is not in AR's caliber.

You actually supported my point with the bold. You have no idea, I have no idea, no one does have an idea on Love yet. Yes he could light the league on fire or burn on his own. I merely stated that as an unknown he is not in AR's caliber that is true, until such time as he does perform. Not sure what was upsetting bout that. I want Love to succeed. Very much so, but at this point he hasn't shown it. 

No, you didn’t merely state that as an unknown he’s not in Aaron Rodgers caliber yet - you matter of factly stated he’s not as if it’s known. That’s the problem people have with the comment you made. 

huge difference between what you stated and what you’re claiming you stated

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

OK that's the non answer I expected.  You are not going to know how the contract is handled until it's announced.  So take your best guess.  Let's assume the Packers eat 20 mil of the contract what's the draft pick/ player compensation?  Can you answer that?  It you are going to criticize other posters at least put yourself out there.  

You're a funny one. I addressed your criticism of me, and you claim that I criticized others concerning a potential Rodgers trade value. Quote one time that I criticized other posters about his trade value and I'll layout what I believe a Rodgers to the Jets trade would look like. But if you're just making **** up as usual, I'm not interested in your childish game of let's pretend.  

On 3/7/2023 at 10:37 AM, R T said:

And the spotlight finally lands on why the compensation is not going to be what many are dreaming it will be. 

Well well well...OK here is your comment.  Yet I've asked you repeatedly to put yourself out there.  You refuse.  It's not hard RT so what do you think the deal will be?  Can't believe I had to take the time to look it up.  Your a PITA...Replace the word "dreaming" with think and I wouldn't have had a problem with it. 

Edited by Scoremore

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well well well...OK here is your comment.  Yet I've asked you repeatedly to put yourself out there.  You refuse.  It's not hard RT so what do you think the deal will be?  Can't believe I had to take the time to look it up.  Your a PITA...

I know a lot of people think it'll be pick #13 - but I'll bet it's more then likely going to be their 2nd Rounder this year and 1st NEXT year - I think NYJ will look at next years 1st as pick 32 since they're acquiring Aaron Rodgers but at face value it looks like the Packers get a 1 & 2. It's almost a win win for both teams really. Jmo but I also am hoping for the better pick next year in case J Love sucks it up and we get a shot at Caleb Williams. 

Edited by Nick_gb

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well well well...OK here is your comment.  Yet I've asked you repeatedly to put yourself out there.  You refuse.  It's not hard RT so what do you think the deal will be?  Can't believe I had to take the time to look it up.  Your a PITA...

Cute, but that is a major reach by any standard to be called criticism of others. For most others I would layout my thoughts on the potential trade, but you are such a major league douchebag that I believe I'll pass.  

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I know a lot of people think it'll be pick #13 - but I'll bet it's more then likely going to be their 2nd Rounder this year and 1st NEXT year - I think NYJ will look at next years 1st as pick 32 since they're acquiring Aaron Rodgers but at face value it looks like the Packers get a 1 & 2. It's almost a win win for both teams really. Jmo but I also am hoping for the better pick next year in case J Love sucks it up and we get a shot at Caleb Williams. 

I agree that it is more likely to be a second this year.  If we eat part of the contract, I could potentially see it improving to a 1st round pick this year, but I doubt it.  Your right, the pick next year is almost more valuable and if they offered me a second this year and a first next year, I would take it in a heartbeat. I don't see the Jets even with Rodgers making the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I think Gute could probably do a good job of holding tight for compensation during trade negotiations.  

My concern is Murphy getting involved and caving in and handing Rodgers to the Jets for a song.  

He will, that song will be:

For trade compensation that will put a smile the size of Dillon's quads on all of our faces (Hopefully) 

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

“Fair” better be at least a first rounder

Yah I wouldn't read to much into it.  Just punditry.  I would hope the Packers at least laid out trade parameters before allowing the Jets to talk to Aaron.  I'm thinking they did and it's why the Raiders bowed out.  Could live without a 1st if it's 2 2's unconditional and a decent player.  Hopefully this whole thing will be put to bed by the end of the week.  

9 minutes ago, R T said:

Cute, but that is a major reach by any standard to be called criticism of others. For most others I would layout my thoughts on the potential trade, but you are such a major league douchebag that I believe I'll pass.  

You need to keep the insults out of it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, R T said:

Feeling is mutual.  I don't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room.  Guess that's why you refuse to speculate but yet call out other posters.   We are all just "dreaming".  But hey if the offer comes in less you can puff up your chest and tell everyone I told you so.  

40 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

“Fair” better be at least a first rounder

Hope this isn't a Favre return upcoming. That would be completely disappointing. I was disgusted with the Favre compensation. 

Also, who can you believe among these reporters? There doesn't seem to be any consistency with the reporting. It's all over the board. 

Edited by Old Guy

13 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I agree that it is more likely to be a second this year.  If we eat part of the contract, I could potentially see it improving to a 1st round pick this year, but I doubt it.  Your right, the pick next year is almost more valuable and if they offered me a second this year and a first next year, I would take it in a heartbeat. I don't see the Jets even with Rodgers making the playoffs.

Could live with that deal too.  However disagree Rodgers will be taking the Jets to the playoffs.  Think they would make it to the divisional round.  So #43 this year and a mid to late 20's next year.  Be OK but think they should throw a player into the deal.  Jets have a very good team just need a QB.  Rodgers will make them relevant.  

Not that you can read too much into it but saw the video of the Jets brass returning from California.  They didn't look all too happy gotta be honest.  Didn't look like they got what they were looking for.  Kinda how they would look if Rodgers jerked their chain.  This whole deal could still fall apart.  Boy wouldn't that suck.  I'd have to apologize to Mr Anonymous. 

• Like 1