Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Correct, context is king and in the context of the situation I stand by exactly what you stated and how it comes off to everyone except yourself. You can back pedal all you want but no matter how many times you try and convince me or anyone else that 2+2 = 7 it’s still going to equal 4. 

I'm not sure what you're on about here still.

I have no back pedal at all. I stand by it and what i typed. The kid is so far an absolute unknown. We have some dcent 3rd year tape, some preseason and a drive in a game this year. Oh and the Chiefs game last year:). 

I said he's not in close to AR's caliber. You have some kind of issue with that for whatever reason the concept that Love is unknown means something different to you, that is fine. I don't have to convince you nor do i want to. But calling him anything else is your choice, i don't accept it. 

I can accept that is what Love is and I can call it that. A good analogy would be that if hired a new employee at work, on paper and in interviews he's exceptional, his references and past experience were good, by all accounts I should have a winner of a new staffer. But at this point being that he's been here a week or two and I've been doing this for 20 plus he's nowhere near my caliber at what we do. He may end up being there, better or worse. But today like Love he's not. 

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

I'm not sure what you're on about here still.

I have no back pedal at all. I stand by it and what i typed. The kid is so far an absolute unknown. We have some dcent 3rd year tape, some preseason and a drive in a game this year. Oh and the Chiefs game last year:). 

I said he's not in close to AR's caliber. You have some kind of issue with that for whatever reason the concept that Love is unknown means something different to you, that is fine. I don't have to convince you nor do i want to. But calling him anything else is your choice, i don't accept it. 

I can accept that is what Love is and I can call it that. A good analogy would be that if hired a new employee at work, on paper and in interviews he's exceptional, his references and past experience were good, by all accounts I should have a winner of a new staffer. But at this point being that he's been here a week or two and I've been doing this for 20 plus he's nowhere near my caliber at what we do. He may end up being there, better or worse. But today like Love he's not. 

TBH, I can't even tell what you two are arguing about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If?

What if he's adamant he plays there for 5 years?

If we get a 2nd/3rd it will be because the Jets/Packers conceded that Rodgers isn't playing 2+ years.  If we get 13 it's because they are certain he's in for 2.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Bout what most of us have expected 

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Bout what most of us have expected 

Watch the Jets trade the 13 to Phili for the 30 and next years 1st, and trade us the 30, and say hey it’s a first 1st round pick.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If?

What if he's adamant he plays there for 5 years?

Yeeah If.  Just saying that something like that might be out there in front of the Jets and Packers, and I think it's likely that he's on a 1 or 2 year plan.  Maybe 50/50 either way, and whichever it is, which we don't know, will affect the comp more than anything else.

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

If we get a 2nd/3rd it will be because the Jets/Packers conceded that Rodgers isn't playing 2+ years.  If we get 13 it's because they are certain he's in for 2.

I don't think this trip doesn't occur (nor the follow-up excitement) unless NY is very confident they get a minimum of 2 years.

Edited by incognito_man

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think this trip doesn't occur (nor the follow-up excitement) unless NY is very confident they get a minimum of 2 years.

I think that's valid but assuming the Jets win the SB they are probably only getting 1 year (which extremely unlikely, but worth, right?)

and if it goes really bad, I could see him walking away too.

And for the jets, 1 year of Rodgers was the fallback option from the trip.  Goal was to get him to commit to 2

Maybe he didn't fully commit to that, but they are still in on 1 year for less.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think that's valid but assuming the Jets win the SB they are probably only getting 1 year (which extremely unlikely, but worth, right?)

and if it goes really bad, I could see him walking away too.

And for the jets, 1 year of Rodgers was the fallback option from the trip.  Goal was to get him to commit to 2

Maybe he didn't fully commit to that, but they are still in on 1 year for less.

I think it's far more likely Rodgers plays another 4-5 years than just 1. Especially if he wins a SB the first year.

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

My brother heard it and I didn't ask for a source. Not the greatest 'source,' but he heard it somewhere. He's been following a bunch of reporters on twitter regarding it. 

Best I got hope it's wrong by a mile. That would be disappointing return. 

I am guessing it comes from this which is not really anything.