Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What is the leverage play for GB?

I don't see leverage for us.  But if we do, it would have be that we'd love to run it back with Rodgers and take another shot.  

A premise is that we've done nothing to alienate Rodgers; that we've been in full communication all along; that there is no broken relationship; and that he can easily come back and play fo us and we'll all get along just fine and might have a really successful season.    

Maybe also that we've got no time pressure.  We've got a HOF QB and are ready to run it back.  We don't need to make a change, we love status quo; you're the team that's got urgency and needs to make a change.  We've got not one but two QB's we love, you're the team that has none and needs to get one.  

Edited by craig

Just now, Leader said:

I disagree. I think GB's willing to directly tell AR "It's time to move on" (if they havent already.....) should he ring up Gute to ask where they're headed for dinner and how excited he is to play in GB this year.

Nope. And now reported in multiple places.

3 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

semantics I think really, but nothing at the same time. I come online to interwebs war! Thanks Maz for the laugh. 

Go Pack. 

It's not semantics lol. I understand that you have this thing where you believe everyone is out to get you because you have a differing opinion than them and that's a narrative you want to push because it gives you some sort of ego stroke. However, I don't really care about your opinion. In fact, I actually understand those that aren't happy with the fact the Packers are moving on from Aaron Rodgers - differing of opinions in this situation is quite alright. 

The problem that I have, is that you made no mention of Love being an unknown. See below:

"Part of me wants him gone to see what most of you absolute AR complainers will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of him."

This isn't "he's an unknown so he isn't on Aaron Rodgers level" this is a very matter of fact stated comment / statement in regards to the talent of Jordan Love. You then back pedaled on the matter of fact way of stating it & went on to state he's an unknown so it's true and no one can convince you otherwise. 

No one is out to get you, I just think it's ignorant for you to assume that Jordan Love is going to come into this season and not throw up some numbers, simply because you have this bromance with Aaron Rodgers. I mean I get it, love you some Aaron but don't assume Jordan Love isn't capable of doing what Aaron did when he stepped on the field after we moved on from Favre, because that's just ignorance. 

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Nope. And now reported in multiple places.

Well then I disagree with those multiple reports.

AR's not gonna force himself on the Packers and I'm less reticent than you are apparently to think the FO's willing to get brass knuckles about it should it come to that.

I believe they're hoping their more than obvious subtle hints will convince AR to move on....and the fact AR entertained the NYJs is really telling........but I'm not going to believe the GB FO wont pull a Ted and tell him it's over if necessary. 

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

we cannot cut him without massive cap ramifications

If I'm understanding it correctly, we can cut him after 2024 and only have a 24 million dollar hit. That much more manageable than the 90 million after this year

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Make it obvious they want Love to play. The rest is handling itself as they knew it would.

So Rodgers comes back to GB and competes with Love for the starting QB spot. 

Rodgers collects his $58.3M option bonus.

How is the rest handling itself?

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

We're STILL just a Rodgers statement professing his "love for Green Bay and it's fans and how he wants to finish his career where it started" away from Aaron Rodgers quarterbacking the Packers in 2023.

Love means never having to say you're sorry. Sorry, Love.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Not necessarily from you, but there is a lot of Rodgers disrespect going on.

He is "known".  Very well known.  He's going to win regular season games.  He's going to sell tickets.  He's going to be a main event draw.  He's going to limit turnovers.  He's going to get blocking assignments set up and he's going to check out of some bad plays.

He's also going to avoid certain parts of the field.  He's not really a come from behind QB anymore.  And when the stakes are the highest, he usually shrinks as opposed to rising up to the challenge.

And at the end of the day, he's a top 12-13 QB in the league when having a "meh" season for him.  He's a top 1-4 QB when all goes right.  And a possible MVP candidate.

And for everything to go right, he needs little outside of what he can control.  Strength training in his legs.  Dedication to an off-season program.

I can see a scenario where he has an enormous bounce back season outside of GB.  He will have a chip on his shoulder.  Then the next season, regression like we saw this past year and probably worse.  Then retirement.

That's really how I see it going down for him if he is traded.  If he stays here...I don't see a "bounce" in his game just because he won't have that chip on his shoulder.

I agree 100% of what you said. I just am not sure what we will get from Rodgers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. From the top, there will not be any pushing Rodgers out the door. Of course any or all in the front office and coaching room can want it, but the organization has made it clear they would not do it. The Packers want a happy separation no matter how it comes - a trade or a retirement. A release was taken off the table via the contract.

I'm not sure why you don't understand I've never once said or implied he will be pushed out. In fact, I'm very literally saying the opposite. I agree they don't want it messy. And it won't be. 

They made it clear they want to move forward with Love. It's obvious to everyone, especially Aaron.

OR

They'll take the 2020-2021 version of Aaron that is all-in.

The team will get what they want.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Let's all just root for the Jets to make a convincing pitch. They're doing the right thing having the entire team profess their love for him publicly.

They know the psychological aspect of this just as much as GBs FO does.

That's why our FO has most of the leverage. They're simply going to get what they want:

(1) Love starting and extra picks for Rodgers

(2) Rodgers all-in

• Like 1