Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

12 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Correct, it is no longer possible to trade Bakh from a cap standpoint.

I'm not in favor of the move, but I get it.  It was the last contract that I wanted to re-do.  Kind of a "break glass in case of emergency" type of move.

I hope we use the space in a Lovingly manner.  Like Aarring on the side of caution.  

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What does our cap situation look like next year if we do in fact get Aaron traded and eat the 40 mil this year?  Are we going to be rolling in dough?

Whatever dough we may be rolling in is going to a Love contract extension after he leads the team to the North title and finishes top 5 in MVP voting.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever dough we may be rolling in is going to a Love contract extension after he leads the team to the North title and finishes top 5 in MVP voting.

Has seemingly always been the model GB wants to follow. When the rest of the league wants to try for a small rookie QB contract window where they can spend on anything but QB….

GB is like we will take consistent QB play at a premium price tag.

Its about getting to the playoffs every year and hope one year or two you get all the breaks and luck.

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What does our cap situation look like next year if we do in fact get Aaron traded and eat the 40 mil this year?  Are we going to be rolling in dough?

Right now it's around $57m in space, which includes Bakh's pushed-out cash.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Since he was required to come in for a signature anyway (since they did base salary and not just the roster bonus) it's far more likely that they added void years.

Well now Bill Huber is reporting no void years

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

OTC is showing the same.

Odd... cap space will be tight after moving Rodgers. Around $15m, doesn't leave us much after accounting for our draft picks and in-season piggy bank.

I'm guessing we'll see Campbell and Douglas get their modest restructures?

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

So I’m guessing that means this is Bakh last year. Because they would save like what 21.5 million if they cut him next year.

If so that makes OT at 15 a very likely selection. Unless they think they can catch lighting again in the 4th haha.

Edited by Green19

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It, um, really doesn't look good.  40M off the books from Rodgers takes us from 20M over to 20M under the cap

Bakh will have a $35M cap hit, with 11M dead - so an obvious extension/cut canditate.

Gary needs a new deal or  replacement, Jaire, Clark, and Love are all over $20M in cap hit with Clark pretty quickly seeming overpriced as an expiring almost 30 year DT with 20M in void year dead cap hits from 2025-27.  Only 36 players are under contract, but with 2 draft classes I'm not worried about that really.  Just seems 1-2 star veteran players short like Gary, and instead we have vastly overpaid Bakh, Clark, Preston Smith, and Aaron Jones.