Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I think this is why Murphy said what he said, how he said it. 1. All the details are hammered out. There is no “leverage” to be given up anymore. And 2. By publicly saying, “we’ll take Aaron back if things don’t work out” it potentially prevents Aaron from trying the fake retirement angle. After all, we said we’d “have him back”!

Murph was very respectful of Rodgers.  Using past tense to describe his career here was pretty telling though.  We'll see what happens thought we would have heard something yesterday.  Guess Aaron is going to contemplate it over the weekend.  Better get at least a couple of 2's out of the deal.  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I think that is off. 

The cap projection has GB with $17M for 2024. 

Add $40.7 to that with Rodgers being off the roster but you also lessen the rollover that is factored into the original $17M do to the dead cap adding ~$8.7M

The $17m number from OTC already doesn’t include any rollover. The reason their number is different than other sources is that they think the 2024 NFL cap is going to be $256m, whereas places like Spotrac have the 2024 cap at $235m

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Anyone else get the impression Rodgers is caught off guard with how soft the market is for his services?

Personally I think he's probably having a tough time walking away from GB. I think retiring with only team is something he wanted but the Packers changed their position this time and I think that caught him of guard.

Edited by packfanfb

Rodgers has millions of reasons to go to NY, but I think it's a tough call for him.  

New York isn't Green Bay, there's a lot more stress involved.

We all know the time Rodgers takes to develop WRs to his liking.  How long will that take??

Everything is new, new organization, new coaches, new leadership, new teammates, new living situation. 

You aren't going from Suamico to Lambeau in a 10 minute drive, you're going from that to smog, honking horns and traffic.

At the end of the day, if you are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, you got Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert to deal with.  

Plus you are leaving a softball throwing press in Green Bay to that NY press which is brutal.  They are going to be ruthlessly all over his off the field stuff.

I think he ends up going, cant turn down the dollars.  There will be a Rodgers frenzy until they fall short.  Its not going to be a picnic for him when it does.

They are expecting Super Bowls in NY.  

Edited by NFLGURU

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Anyone else get the impression Rodgers is caught off guard with how soft the market is for his services?

Just think he wants to go to the Jets. Don't think the Packers ever opened it up to the NFC, and I'm not sure if Davis has the cash to fork out 60m in LV. We've heard they're a cash poor franchise.

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers has millions of reasons to go to NY, but I think it's a tough call for him.  

New York isn't Green Bay, there's a lot more stress involved.

We all know the time Rodgers takes to develop WRs to his liking.  How long will that take??

Everything is new, new organization, new coaches, new leadership, new teammates, new living situation. 

You aren't going from Suamico to Lambeau in a 10 minute drive, you're going from that to smog, honking horns and traffic.

At the end of the day, if you are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, you got Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert to deal with.  

Plus you are leaving a softball throwing press in Green Bay to that NY press which is brutal.  They are going to be ruthlessly all over his off the field stuff.

I think he ends up going, cant turn down the dollars.  There will be a Rodgers frenzy until they fall short.  Its not going to be a picnic for him when it does.

NY has the potential to be a miserable experience for him.

• Like 1