Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't wonder that at all. I think Stafford is totally done.

I think it's just that most teams don't want to deal with Aaron the person. They find him off-putting.

Stafford is coming back but i agree his injury will make him ineffective.  not sure if he can be cut though and will probably bring some enthusiasm from casual fans

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Stafford is coming back but i agree his injury will make him ineffective.  not sure if he can be cut though and will probably bring some enthusiasm from casual fans

His wife will still be pretty though :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I suspect you are right on target here.  Rodgers always expressed a desire to retire as a Packer.   He may not want to start over with a new organization, especially in NY.  The dollars are nice but will it be worth it all in the end?  If he retires I won't be upset.  It would be nice for us if he accepts the trade but perhaps not so nice for him.  He has to do what is best for him.  With the millions he's made he won't be hurting for cash any time soon so he might just call it a career.

Personally I don’t know if I would want to deal with all the change if I was Rodgers. It’s a lot for where he is and his personality. 

Unless Rodgers has a massive chip over all this and is being ego driven, Ala Favre, than sure I can see putting up with going to NY.

But he has done a lot of media talking about he is at peace. And if that’s the case… I would retire. Why put the body thru that, it’s not like a guarantee if he plays with NY they are super bowl bound.

from a Rodgers stand point… retirement would make more sense. Unless all these drug vacations cost alot and he needs the money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

He'd probably have to show up for OTA's and alike....plus actually put some time in during training camp/preseason games. He probably wouldnt like that. Let's face it...he's taken a very laid back attitude in recent years. That would have to change.

Yep, he also has to look at that Jets OL, and all the fun that's going to bring.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sticking to my guns, desperate owner is making the demands. Pick 13 and conditional 25' pick based on number of games played in 2024.

Anything less than that, the Packers FO caved.

That would be a game changer for this year's draft for the Packers, those kind of bonus picks can be a big difference towards future success. Still don't see it. Truely hope that I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

That would be a game changer for this year's draft for the Packers, those kind of bonus picks can be a big difference towards future success. Still don't see it. Truely hope that I'm wrong. 

I'd just wait them out. Jimmy G is going to be hard to poach from LV, and even still, he's Jimmy G. I don't think Woody wants to pay Lamar if he wishy-washy on Rodgers 60m bonus, Lamar's signing bonus will be a lot more. The Jets need to solve their QB situation by Wednesday. 

To us? Doesn't matter if Aaron's on the roster or not. Keep that 9m saved that will tack on if we trade him or he retires and operate business as usual. Pressure here is on NY, they've let the cat out of the bag that they don't think Wilson is the guy and they want to compete immediately with a vet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Matt ryan and matt stafford are probably happier guys than rodgers. The key is either to be named matt or have a great wife

Don't forget Matt Flynn, his wife is smoking hot.  I think she was a Ms Louisiana or something.

Joke around Green Bay when Flynn signed with Seattle was.  "You can leave but she stays in Green Bay".   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd just wait them out. Jimmy G is going to be hard to poach from LV, and even still, he's Jimmy G. I don't think Woody wants to pay Lamar if he wishy-washy on Rodgers 60m bonus, Lamar's signing bonus will be a lot more. The Jets need to solve their QB situation by Wednesday. 

To us? Doesn't matter if Aaron's on the roster or not. Keep that 9m saved that will tack on if we trade him or he retires and operate business as usual. Pressure here is on NY, they've let the cat out of the bag that they don't think Wilson is the guy and they want to compete immediately with a vet.

That is a reasonable line of thought, and you may be correct. Zach Wilson probably isn't the guy for now, but it very well could be the same as Rodgers and Love were not the guys in their first few years in the league either. Many have convinced themselves that the Jets have no other options, and I don't completely agree with that, there is a Plan B there if they feel the price is out of line. 

From the other side, do the Packers have a real Plan B if the deal falls through with the Jets? No one in the Packers FO wants to see Rodgers potentially back for TC. 

If their 1st round pick was a late 1st it would be easier to wrestle away, but the 13th selection this year has the potential to be a 10-year difference maker and I just don't see them giving it up. As I stated before, I hope I'm wrong. 

With all that said, this trade has already been agreed upon and the only waiting out anyone is doing now is waiting out Aaron's decision. That should happen soon, like within the next 48 hours.  

38 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But he has done a lot of media talking about he is at peace. And if that’s the case… I would retire. Why put the body thru that, it’s not like a guarantee if he plays with NY they are super bowl bound.

from a Rodgers stand point… retirement would make more sense. Unless all these drug vacations cost alot and he needs the money.

I find it hard to believe he’ll turn down almost $60m to retire and be a part of the same HOF class as Tom Brady when he could be the headliner of the following season’s induction class. 

Edited by thrILL!

43 minutes ago, R T said:

That is a reasonable line of thought, and you may be correct. Zach Wilson probably isn't the guy for now, but it very well could be the same as Rodgers and Love were not the guys in their first few years in the league either. Many have convinced themselves that the Jets have no other options, and I don't completely agree with that, there is a Plan B there if they feel the price is out of line. 

From the other side, do the Packers have a real Plan B if the deal falls through with the Jets? No one in the Packers FO wants to see Rodgers potentially back for TC. 

If their 1st round pick was a late 1st it would be easier to wrestle away, but the 13th selection this year has the potential to be a 10-year difference maker and I just don't see them giving it up. As I stated before, I hope I'm wrong. 

With all that said, this trade has already been agreed upon and the only waiting out anyone is doing now is waiting out Aaron's decision. That should happen soon, like within the next 48 hours.  

There's for sure risk, but negotiating is really just one big game of chicken. Missing out on a QB and screwing their season is riskier than trying to figure out what to do if NY moves on. We'll see, I wouldve pulled the trigger sooner if Carr was waiting, but with him gone, I'm waiting them out.