Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Start working on the screenplay. I'll edit and co-write it with you...and accept the Oscar / Emmy when time comes :)

Get Woodley and Olivia Munn to play themselves, Nicholas Cage as Rodgers.  

You're in.  

Edited by NFLGURU

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Another conspiracy:

We have an outsized desire to keep him out of SF. I wonder if there's bad blood between the teams because of the tampering. Thus, we are putting a 2-yr poison pill into the trade (i.e. other team has to keep him rostered for 2 years so he can't join the 49ers or give up boatload of picks).

Rodgers, irritated about it, makes his snide comment at the golf outing when asked where he's playing and said "not San Francisco"

In exchange for this ego-driven poison-pill, we're accepting a "reasonable offer" from the Jets. i.e. we're not gonna be thrilled with the return.

Rodgers is pissed because he badly wants to play for the Niners. So he's brooding over the decision knowing the Jets are going to be extremely motivated to keep him there 2 years minimum.

And he's contemplating retirement or playing for the Jets for 2 years and then going to the Niners when he's 42.

Sounds like a conspiracy Qaaron would believe in. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Another conspiracy:

We have an outsized desire to keep him out of SF. I wonder if there's bad blood between the teams because of the tampering. Thus, we are putting a 2-yr poison pill into the trade (i.e. other team has to keep him rostered for 2 years so he can't join the 49ers or give up boatload of picks).

Rodgers, irritated about it, makes his snide comment at the golf outing when asked where he's playing and said "not San Francisco"

In exchange for this ego-driven poison-pill, we're accepting a "reasonable offer" from the Jets. i.e. we're not gonna be thrilled with the return.

Rodgers is pissed because he badly wants to play for the Niners. So he's brooding over the decision knowing the Jets are going to be extremely motivated to keep him there 2 years minimum.

And he's contemplating retirement or playing for the Jets for 2 years and then going to the Niners when he's 42.

I'd send him to the Niners for their 2nd this year, their 3 3rd round comp picks this year and their 1st and 2nd next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He doesn't, but I don't think the Jets are going to wait around a whole lot longer.  That's a decent opportunity for him, especially with no other suitors. 

Rodgers can always return to GB and collect his $58.3M

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

A place to play? I don't think the Packers want him under center this year. Heck, Murphy made that clear as could be. 

It seems to be the Jets or retire unless somebody else suddenly pops up. Rodgers could be delaying if he's going to retire in order to stick to the Packers a bit. I don't see him retiring though. 

He can return to GB and collect his option bonus.  GB can't cut him. 

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers can always return to GB and collect his $58.3M

He can return to GB and collect his option bonus.  GB can't cut him. 

And his legacy in Green Bay will be severely tarnished.  I guess that's his right thought .. would be interesting to see how the Packers would deal with that. 

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

*****, you know I majored in film and media with an emphasis on scriptwriting, right? I’ll write the ****er.

Sorry....but I dont believe you capable of writing this particular screenplay because you'd need to write yourself into in it order to prove you were right about everything :)

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Another conspiracy:

Just trade him to the 49ers for their entire draft this year. They have 11 picks but none until round 3. If they make it to the Super Bowl, we have their next 1st round pick. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Another conspiracy:

I'd have to see it post trade and what we eat of it, but pretty sure once the Jets exercise that option, he'll be pretty much untradable/cutable for them. That bonus pretty much is the poison pill.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd have to see it post trade and what we eat of it, but pretty sure once the Jets exercise that option, he'll be pretty much untradable/cutable for them. That bonus pretty much is the poison pill.

My conspiracy is collecting evidence! I knew it.