Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

41 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Don't try and argue with the geriatric group think in this forum. We have posters that create a narrative in their mind and try to make everything fit. They irrationally hate Rodgers to the point that injuries or players around him aren't relevant. It's all him. He doesn't throw to rookies, over the middle and won't run the offense the way the guru Matt ran it in Tennessee with such great success. 

It makes for a good laugh to see them mocked by the general public for their irrational takes in other threads for them to come in here for their safe space. Hell they are watching Jordan Love throw to motionless receivers and talking about winning the Superbowl next year with love. 

hmmmm.............

alanis morrisette GIF

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You should probably lay off the boards for a while if it bothers you so much.  

lol, I may have clapped back on the forums in regards to something I disagree with, but it doesn't mean I'm sitting in a dark room, drinking a pint of hard liquor hoping it all ends soon. Chill my boy, I'm good. I promise lol.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

hmmmm.............

alanis morrisette GIF

Criticizing the GM for his bad job handling multiple situations is far different than the crazy things said in here. I blame the guy in charge of everything that has a proven record of mediocrity. I don't make up theories in my mind about what people think of him or what he's thinking. 

Not much push back from the usual suspects in the draft threads. Reality of his inabilities to draft well distract them from being able to blame Rodgers for all of it.

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

Don't try and argue with the geriatric group think in this forum. We have posters that create a narrative in their mind and try to make everything fit. They irrationally hate Rodgers to the point that injuries or players around him aren't relevant. It's all him. He doesn't throw to rookies, over the middle and won't run the offense the way the guru Matt ran it in Tennessee with such great success. 

It makes for a good laugh to see them mocked by the general public for their irrational takes in other threads for them to come in here for their safe space. Hell they are watching Jordan Love throw to motionless receivers and talking about winning the Superbowl next year with love. 

Geriatric group think?  Lol.  It's almost as bad as though that refuse to be critical of players.  When you're a player of Rodgers' caliber, you're going to get a LOT of people who refuse to acknowledge the faults in that player.  You're going to find an equal amount of people who refuse to praise that same player.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Smells like clickbait.  While the Raiders do seem like an obvious fit for Rodgers, it doesn't appear they're getting Rodgers.

There's a lot to get through for a deal for Rodgers.  It won't be quick for any deal which is why I'm skeptical about LV too.

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Probably clickbait but Graziano put this out there.

https://wisportsheroics.com/aaron-rodgers-new-york-las-vegas/

It's still possible. The Panters trading up to #1 takes one more quarterback off the board before Vegas picks at 7. You have to believe Richardson, Young and Stroud are gone, and they are left with Levis. 

If you are the GM and HC are you going to hang your future on Jimmy G getting you to the playoffs in either/both of the next two years. If he doesn't, you're gone. 

Is a rookie going to get you to the playoffs over the next two years? If not, you are also gone. 

Rodgers is no guarantee, but I could see him agreeing to two more years in Vegas over NY. He'll be more comfortable with Adams there. It's also West Coast and near the media scrutiny of the brutal NY sports media. I actually think other than San Fran, this is his desired destination. 

Edited by Old Guy

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's still possible. The Panters trading up to #1 takes one more quarterback off the board before Vegas picks at 7. You have to believe Richardson, Young and Stroud are gone, and they are left with Levis. 

If you are the GM and HC are you going to hang your future on Jimmy G getting you to the playoffs in either/both of the next two years. If he doesn't, you're gone. 

Is a rookie going to get you to the playoffs over the next two years? If not, you are also gone. 

Rodgers is no guarantee, but I could see him agreeing to two more years in Vegas over NY. He'll be more comfortable with Adams there. It's also West Coast and near the media scrutiny of the brutal NY sports media. I actually think other than San Fran, this is his desired destination. 

Yep, The LV situation is very intriguing to me.  

1. I'm not sure Rodgers and McDaniels would get along, but maybe they would.  It would be interesting to watch.

2.  Where is Vegas going with Mahomes, Herbert and Sean Payton in that division.  Don't you want to at least be relevant?

3.  I know it's Mark Davis team, but wouldn't you, if you were Josh McDaniel be pounding the table for Rodgers? If you are McDaniels, can you afford 3-4 years of doormat football before your job is on the line.  Maybe he is pounding the table , but they just can't afford him? 

It will be interesting, but I'm not sure they will be players for Rodgers.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yep, The LV situation is very intriguing to me.  

1. I'm not sure Rodgers and McDaniels would get along, but maybe they would.  It would be interesting to watch.

2.  Where is Vegas going with Mahomes, Herbert and Sean Payton in that division.  Don't you want to at least be relevant?

3.  I know it's Mark Davis team, but wouldn't you, if you were Josh McDaniel be pounding the table for Rodgers? If you are McDaniels, can you afford 3-4 years of doormat football before your job is on the line.  Maybe he is pounding the table , but they just can't afford him? 

It will be interesting.

Certainly Mahomes, but the other two do not scare me. Nor should they scare Rodgers or Vegas in general. 

I keep hearing about Davis and the cash. That could be a possibility, but he's going to have to write a big check for Jimmy G with a SB and guaranteed money if they go that route. His revenue for Rodgers goes up immediately as well. 

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

We are pretty late in the stage of the game.  Always a possibility of a dark horse swooping in at the the last minute.  Especially if the Jets try to get cute and lowball us. 

I would think that the Packers have had previous talks with the Raiders, so perhaps both sides have an idea on compensation.  Maybe things could come together quickly, but I think the Jets will get an opportunity to match or best any other deals.  

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I would think that the Packers have had previous talks with the Raiders, so perhaps both sides have an idea on compensation.  Maybe things could come together quickly, but I think the Jets will get an opportunity to match or best any other deals.  

I think it’s more… whoever Rodgers wants to play for at this stage. Jets might have the best offer but if Rodgers is like I want to be Raider… not much anyone can do.