Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

22 minutes ago, Sandy said:

That's the big question. I imagine he'd give a list of at least three teams, but will they all be teams that are interested in him? 

Let's say LV gets Brady and Tennessee gets Carr, and Rodgers' list is those two teams and SF (who opt to keep Lance and Purdy). How does he take it when we say none of those teams want him?

Sounds like we're in agreement about his top four destinations (if not the order they should be ranked). I'm hoping he's opening minded about all four so we can get a little bidding war for his services.

I'm not sure those are his top 4 destinations.   We as fans may see it that way.  But organizations are different 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

IOC

I have to wonder if Gute and company are ready to start the Love era now.  It is obvious fans and media types are but is management?  We'll find out in a few weeks.

I think that if the Love era doesn't begin now, it never will in Green Bay. 

I get that the cap can be manipulated, but it has its limits. The balloon keeps inflating until it pops. 2024 is a real problem right now and having a more expensive Rodgers and a more expensive Love is no longer possible.

I'm an amateur capologist and I get anxiety about 2024. I can't imagine what Russ Ball is going through. Probably a recurring nightmare of contracts being voided, one by one, until we're under the cap.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I think that if the Love era doesn't begin now, it never will in Green Bay. 

I get that the cap can be manipulated, but it has its limits. The balloon keeps inflating until it pops. 2024 is a real problem right now and having a more expensive Rodgers and a more expensive Love is no longer possible.

I'm an amateur capologist and I get anxiety about 2024. I can't imagine what Russ Ball is going through. Probably a recurring nightmare of contracts being voided, one by one, until we're under the cap.

Yeah I agree. People like to poke fun at Ken Ingalls Twitter account, but we're rapidly approaching the stage of "All-In" where you have to restructure everyone just to get under the cap, and you haven't even begun shedding large contracts.

My big concern is what happens when this team starts rebuilding and Love isn't able to carry the load because 25% of cap space is headed to dead cap hits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah I agree. People like to poke fun at Ken Ingalls Twitter account, but we're rapidly approaching the stage of "All-In" where you have to restructure everyone just to get under the cap, and you haven't even begun shedding large contracts.

My big concern is what happens when this team starts rebuilding and Love isn't able to carry the load because 25% of cap space is headed to dead cap hits.

I'd say we're already there. Just to fit under the cap and cover our draft picks/in-season piggy bank we need to have about $25m pushed into future years.  If we want to re-sign any of our free agents we need to probably clear another $15m.

Asked on “The Pat McAfee Show” for his stance on the topic, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network said the Packers trading Rodgers is “not an impossibility.”

“I think Green Bay likes what they have in Jordan Love, so if they got the right package, I think they could do a deal,” Rapoport said.

Rodgers’ contract would appear to be one hurdle, but a trade is possible financially if a team is willing to trade for him and pay him around $60 million in 2023.

What’s the “right package” for Rodgers? Rapoport used the New York Jets as a hypothetical trade partner and stated it would require a first-round pick and likely more to get a deal done with the Packers for Rodgers.

Full clip at this site

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/23/packers-trading-qb-aaron-rodgers-is-possible-for-the-right-package/

Edited by {Family Ghost}

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Asked on “The Pat McAfee Show” for his stance on the topic, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network said the Packers trading Rodgers is “not an impossibility.”

“I think Green Bay likes what they have in Jordan Love, so if they got the right package, I think they could do a deal,” Rapoport said.

Rodgers’ contract would appear to be one hurdle, but a trade is possible financially if a team is willing to trade for him and pay him around $60 million in 2023.

What’s the “right package” for Rodgers? Rapoport used the New York Jets as a hypothetical trade partner and stated it would require a first-round pick and likely more to get a deal done with the Packers for Rodgers.

Full clip at this site

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/23/packers-trading-qb-aaron-rodgers-is-possible-for-the-right-package/

Same thing, new year. Don't know why people keep falling for these trade rumors. Nobody is going to trade for a soon to be 40 year old QB who threatens retirement every year.

8 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Same thing, new year. Don't know why people keep falling for these trade rumors. Nobody is going to trade for a soon to be 40 year old QB who threatens retirement every year.

History disagrees with you.

But I've totally accepted we will keep Rodgers, trade Love to New Orleans for two 2nd rounders this year and go 7-10 next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I ******* hate, despise in fact, all of you that are giving me hope that Aaron Rodgers can and will be traded.

I am one of those who have my doubts about him being traded unless he requests it.  I just don't know if Gute, MLF and company are as ready to move on from him presently.  Of course I could be wrong...

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I am one of those who have my doubts about him being traded unless he requests it.  I just don't know if Gute, MLF and company are as ready to move on from him presently.  Of course I could be wrong...

A couple years ago the  Packers were flat out saying they weren't trading Aaron Rodgers .. now they aren't saying that.  It's not a coincidence that Schefter and Rapoport are saying there could be a deal .. the Packers are probably ones that are chirping in their ear.  I think they are open for business.

15 minutes ago, StatKing said:

If I understand correctly…his 3 year extension is really a 1 year deal, re-evaluate, and then a 2 year deal.  That signals some stability to a trading team. Also everyone knows his retirement talk is just a leverage play

33 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Full clip at this site