Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You're still holding out hope, aren't you?

I'm ambivalent if he stays or goes.  Hopefully if he is traded Love will turn out to be a worthy successor.  I am just wondering if Rodgers wants to stay in GB and this is why we haven't heard anything yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We went to the NFC Championship in Rodgers third year backing up Favre. The situations are identical. WE could have drafted somebody like Logan Mankins instead of Rodgers who could have helped us beat the Giants who destroyed us in the middle with their pass rush.

Folks can play this stupid game all day long. Truth is, when you get a guy that falls to you in the draft that you think can be your franchise QB you take him. 

Here's a flashback for you! Dan Marino had a terrible senior year at Pitt and fell to pick 27! By your reasoning, the Dolphins should have never taken him

To be fair… to be fair, how many SBs did that pick help Miami win?

Just now, incognito_man said:

Why would they care though? It changes nothing for how they approach free agency.

Yeah there's no reason for the to be frustrated, there's also no reason for Aaron to be mad at them or want to stall the transition to his new club. Weird take I keep seeing.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Think so too. Think he's doing this to frastrate Murphy and Gutey. If the fans are mad just think how upset they must be.

If Wingo knows he's gone to Jets, I'm sure Gute and Murphy do. Probably finalizing the paperwork and it can't become official until Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I'm ambivalent if he stays or goes.  Hopefully if he is traded Love will turn out to be a worthy successor.  I am just wondering if Rodgers wants to stay in GB and this is why we haven't heard anything yet.

It sounds like he's headed to the NY, but still working out some details.  Hopefully it's done this evening.  If that deal falls thru he could wind up back in GB much to Gute & Murphy's chagrin.

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Funny, but at the same point and time many were lamenting the Rodgers pick as a disaster. GO and look it up. After three years, Rodgers had 1/2 of one regular season game where he looked the part, against Dallas. 

You predetermined the outcome of Love's career because you didn't like the pick. 

Your bias is coming through loud and clear. Other than this topic you are pretty levelheaded. Quarterback debates can do that. I'll trust what I see in Love and apparently what several professional coaches and evaluators see. I guy who has it and it clicked! 

His future is so bright, he'd better wear shades! 

My comp is spot on, your analysis is awful. So, we can do this for 6 more pages or agree to disagree. I already know which choice I'm making. 

Ridiculous rant with fallacious hyperbole... awful stuff.

Again, TT got  great value with a top prospect falling to him- it was organic insight which led TT and the Packers to their last SB which... Gute wasted valuable draft assets by reaching for a middling prospect coming off an abysmal season- it was desperate which has led to the state of to losing team with a muddy future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Both sides would probably want Rodgers to announce it?  Or break it?

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Again, TT got  great value with a top prospect falling to him- it was organic insight which led TT and the Packers to their last SB which... Gute wasted valuable draft assets by reaching for a middling prospect coming off an abysmal season- it was desperate which has led to the state of to losing team with a muddy future.

1000%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:

LOL! This is some grade A stuff. Are you visiting the same place Rodgers had his little visit with ayahuasca? Wait til that **** wears off before typing. 

You keep using the word, 'desperate.' The Packers were not desperate for a quarterback during the 2020 draft. They obviously had a high grade on Love. A little fact that seems to be missing from you logic. 

Seriously, have a great day! You are extremely angry over this. In a couple of years, when Love is dropping dimes everywhere you can pretend you were down with him the whole time. 

Until then, R-E-L-A-X! Somebody said that at some point. Who was that? 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! This is some grade A stuff. Are you visiting the same place Rodgers had his little visit with ayahuasca? Wait til that **** wears off before typing. 

Seriously, have a great day! You are extremely angry over this. In a couple of years, when Love is dropping dimes everywhere you can pretend you were down with him the whole time. 

Until then, R-E-L-A-X! Somebody said that at some point. Who was that? 

What are you trying to accomplish here? Let it go.

• Like 2