Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Does the BAL offense look anything like what MLF/Hackett run?  I have no idea.

I think jackson is a bad thrower of the football in mid range. Hard to imagine he can run hacketts offense of years past but maybe hackett can adjust. 

The nyj need the appearance of other options for leverage and jackson is about all that is left.

As it stands gute has them out over deep water. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Gutey knows he's not getting 2 first round picks for Rodgers, but as we've all said from the jump, I have a hard time seeing him let Rodgers go without a single first rounders in the mix, whether that be #13 or a 2024 1st.

He's going to get the value of a 1st round pick, if the Jets don't want to give that up in pure pick compensation, guys like Moore, Ruckert, Carter, Ashtyn Davis, Jermaine Johnson need to be included to get us to that value.

I honestly don’t know what the hold up is… 2 firsts should be fine by them. I mean they valued Derek Carr as a hall of famer and passed. So clearly Rodgers is like super special elite club hall of famer.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Gutey knows he's not getting 2 first round picks for Rodgers, but as we've all said from the jump, I have a hard time seeing him let Rodgers go without a single first rounders in the mix, whether that be #13 or a 2024 1st.

He's going to get the value of a 1st round pick, if the Jets don't want to give that up in pure pick compensation, guys like Moore, Ruckert, Carter, Ashtyn Davis, Jermaine Johnson need to be included to get us to that value.

I still think a deal that includes #13, a conditional 2024 pick and one of Moore/Davis is in play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think the Packers could financially afford Corey Davis unless he restructures his contract.

Of course, the Jets could let the Packers negotiate the restructures or extension. But even so I don't know if he's the player I want to shoot my FA wad on. We really only have space for one big (re: $3-5m) cap hit and it's currently Nijman.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't think this is the case, but what if GB legit told NY they don't give a **** and will take Aaron back if they don't get what they want and they mean it?

So the Packers' "worst case scenario" is keeping Aaron Rodgers.  Or at least it should be.  Stick to your guns and get what you want, or don't trade.  

Also, I want to make a special comment about not wanting any of the throw-in players from the Jets.  You have to give me more compensation to take Denzel Mims, GTFO with adding him to increase value to me.  

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Isn't this the last year of his deal? DO we want to add void years or extend him? YUCK! 

Yes.  Which is why I don't think the Packers have any interest in him.  If it was a for paycut, sure.  But I'm not really interested in paying him $10M for his services.

• Like 1

Just now, Sandy said:

Of course, the Jets could let the Packers negotiate the restructures or extension. But even so I don't know if he's the player I want to shoot my FA wad on. We really only have space for one big (re: $3-5m) cap hit and it's currently Nijman.

The Packers aren't going to be doing anything other than bargain hunting in FA.  The Packers don't have any extra cap space to use.  They're eating $8.7M of their cap space in a Rodgers' trade.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  Which is why I don't think the Packers have any interest in him.  If it was a for paycut, sure.  But I'm not really interested in paying him $10M for his services.

I would agree with this normally but the Packers have shown interest in acquiring Davis before, per multiple reports. I think they like the player, maybe more than the fanbase. 

I think I actually owe Aaron Rodgers an apology. I thought he was the one holding up this whole deal with his decision. It turns out it's Gute sticking to his guns compensation wise. 

There are a lot of things you can be critical of Rodgers over, but this apparently isn't one of them. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He'll sign an extension. Corey Davis would be the best WR on the market right now. It's bleak as hell out there. Maybe JJSS, but he's not the top vet you want in that room.

Sign him to 2/20 and his cap hit should come in between 4-5.