Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can promise that our FO doesn't think 2023 is a throwaway year. 

We'll be right in the mix in the NFC.

I'm not thinking it's a throwaway year. But it's a year where we'll be paying (capwise) part of what we borrowed in 2021 and 2022. If we cannot get pick 13 this year I feel like it's better to get a 2025 1st instead of a 2024 one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

NFL gm’s traditionally rate future draft picks lower than current-year draft picks. So a 1st-rounder in 2024 has the value of a 2nd-rounder in 2023. And a 2025 1st rounder would presumably have the value of a 2023 3rd rounder. The longer you have to wait for an asset the more depreciated its value is as a trade piece. 

in fact, I think it is pretty rare to see trades that feature draft assets that are 2 years into the future. Most are only either current-year draft picks and/or next-year draft picks.

I know that. And that value is in part due to the fact that GMs need to plan for their inmediate futures to save their jobs. GB's singularity allows taking advantage on that, since a first is a first no matter the year. It's a venue to get extra vslue from a trade.

4 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

I'm not thinking it's a throwaway year. But it's a year where we'll be paying (capwise) part of what we borrowed in 2021 and 2022. If we cannot get pick 13 this year I feel like it's better to get a 2025 1st instead of a 2024 one.

I get the logic you are applying, but there's just way too many unknowns involved for me to ever prefer a later year draft pick.

They're even more bush birds.

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well, a second or third this year with a first next year is FRP+....

I could deal with something like that if it becomes clear that #13 can't be pried away.  The 2nd and 3rd this year adds up to 1st round value (about 26/27).  Additionally a flip flop of pick #13 and #15 adds about 100 points, so when added together with the 2nd and 3rd round pick the total value would be about that of the 21/22nd pick in the draft.

Here's my proposal:

Packers and Jets flip 1st round picks in 2023 (#13 & #15). 

Packers get Jets 2nd & 3rd round pick in 2023.

Packers get conditional 1st in 2024, but more than likely winds up as a 3rd round pick due to conditions.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I could deal with something like that if it becomes clear that #13 can't be pried away.  The 2nd and 3rd this year adds up to 1st round value (about 26/27).  Additionally a flip flop of pick #13 and #15 adds about 100 points, so when added together with the 2nd and 3rd round pick the total value would be about that of the 21/22nd pick in the draft.

Here's my proposal:

Packers and Jets flip 1st round picks in 2023 (#13 & #15). 

Packers get Jets 2nd & 3rd round pick in 2023.

Packers get conditional 1st in 2024, but more than likely winds up as a 3rd round pick due to conditions.

I'm holding steady that any trade offer that doesn't include pick 13, MUST include Elijah Moore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm holding steady that any trade offer that doesn't include pick 13, MUST include Elijah Moore.

I'd like to have Moore as well, but I get the idea he's part of their top 3 wideouts going forward.  If they are serious about adding an OBJ then maybe he can be pried away.

59 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That kind if return would not surprise me at all.  Part of me wonders if NYJ have asked GB about how high the 2023 pick would need to be so that they can seek a trade down to recoup additional value from their #13 pick.

I don't know what the teams are thinking...obviously.

But... I don't even care where their pick is in 2024.  I only want it to hedge a bet on Jordan Love.  If he's not the one at QB and he really struggles, then GB will have a high pick in 2024 and whatever that other first rounder is should be enough to move GB up higher for their next QB.

And if Love is just fine?  Then it just gives GB another first rounder to surround him with.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd like to have Moore as well, but I get the idea he's part of their top 3 wideouts going forward.  If they are serious about adding an OBJ then maybe he can be pried away.

Lot of factors here. Do they try and extend Corey Davis? IF so, then he's in that mix before Moore. DO they bring in Cobb as well? He's going to get some reps Moore should be getting. 

End of the day, Mims is the throw in guy if we get at WR back from the Jets. IF there is a throw in guy. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Lot of factors here. Do they try and extend Corey Davis? IF so, then he's in that mix before Moore. DO they bring in Cobb as well? He's going to get some reps Moore should be getting. 

End of the day, Mims is the throw in guy if we get at WR back from the Jets. IF there is a throw in guy. 

I don't want a throw in guy if I'm not getting their 1st, I want value that gets me to 1st round value.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't want a throw in guy if I'm not getting their 1st, I want value that gets me to 1st round value.

Agree and was not suggesting this as part of us not getting their #1. If we don't get a frp, then a lot of their roster should be up for discussion.