Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

48 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Again, if there is a long involved stalemate, the league will get involved.   They have in the past.  THEY WONT DICTATE TERMS but they will push for a solution.  If this Rodgers thing goes into the Summer, it's not a good look.  

This isn't difficult to understand.  The NFL is very aware of its public image, and if this goes on for months expect the NFL to push for a solution. They aren't taking sides, they'll want it done and not have a star player in THEIR league in limbo.

Apparently it's beyond comprehension for many.

Wrong on every count.

Rodg is not in limbo, he is under contract and owned by the Green Bay Packers.  He will play next year.  The NFL has zero say in the matter.  This could easily role into draft day, but I expect the Jets will come closer to the Packer demands in the next week or so and the deal will be completed.  This is between the teams, not the NFL.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

Wrong on every count.

Rodg is not in limbo, he is under contract and owned by the Green Bay Packers.  He will play next year.  The NFL has zero say in the matter.  This could easily role into draft day, but I expect the Jets will come closer to the Packer demands in the next week or so and the deal will be completed.  This is between the teams, not the NFL.

Owned, and folks wonder why players fight back. I have said this for a few days. Fans think it too:). 

Fight back about what?  They are under contract, that team owns their rights.  Pretty simple concept.  If the players don't like it they can get a real job, or find a way to claim to be a victim and live off the work of others.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Every player that gets traded is basically not wanted any longer by their team.  Only now does a team like the Packers have to show gratitude to the player by taking a substandard trade return.  What a farce of a narrative that is.

That’s right, this doesn’t happen to any other team. It’s shocking how in the tank the national media is for the Jets winning this. Or maybe it’s not shocking at all. 

1 hour ago, gopackgo972 said:

Do the jets really want to roll into the season with Zach Wilson and Chris Streveler at QB? 

If they really like a kid or two coming out next year... then yes. Or eyeballing a FA signing next year, and taking the haul of a top 5 pick. Also yes.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Again, if there is a long involved stalemate, the league will get involved.   They have in the past.  THEY WONT DICTATE TERMS but they will push for a solution.  If this Rodgers thing goes into the Summer, it's not a good look.  

This isn't difficult to understand.  The NFL is very aware of its public image, and if this goes on for months expect the NFL to push for a solution. They aren't taking sides, they'll want it done and not have a star player in THEIR league in limbo.

Apparently it's beyond comprehension for many.

Find me literally any precedent where the NFL got involved I. Trade compensation discussions or shut up on it.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Robert Saleh is a good coach, but he's also 11-23.  He's not going to survive like 17-34

True, he'll land on his feet though, I think the worst part of these deals this time of year revolve around GM's trying to buy themselves a few more years of job security without the best interest of the team. You see that quite often unfortunately.

Coaches can coach and have that fraternity of people that'll add them to their staff, ect. GM's tend to be corporate sharks in suits, which is why i'm always so confused when folks put them on pedestals.

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I have a growing inkling that another team is gonna get involved soon 

I think Rodges is committed to playing for the Jets and nobody else. I also think Rodgers feels he did Green Bay a solid by agreeing to speak to the Jets and agreeing to play there. I don't see Rodgers doing Green Bay another solid by agreeing to talk to another team and go somewhere else. 

Having said all of this, I hope you are right. The question for you is who would that be? 

4 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

True, he'll land on his feet though, I think the worst part of these deals this time of year revolve around GM's trying to buy themselves a few more years of job security without the best interest of the team. You see that quite often unfortunately.

Coaches can coach and have that fraternity of people that'll add them to their staff, ect. GM's tend to be corporate sharks in suits, which is why i'm always so confused when folks put them on pedestals.

In this case, it looks like the GM is trying to save the owner from himself. It was the Jets owner who spoke up about being willing to give up 2 - FRPs to the Packers, not the GM. 

19 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I have a growing inkling that another team is gonna get involved soon 

(1) A 3rd team swoops in and trades for AR

(2) A few weeks after (1) happens, it is leaked that GB and AR were playing the long game vs the Jets as payback for their one-and-done with Favre.

Yes, I realize that isn't actually what is happening. 

Edited by Mazrimiv

25 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

That’s right, this doesn’t happen to any other team. It’s shocking how in the tank the national media is for the Jets winning this. Or maybe it’s not shocking at all. 

It's so often the best player in franchise history is traded after playing for 18 years. I don't think anyone is saying they should take less value but to act like it's not in the organizations best interest to treat him reasonably well is wrong. We are already the worst free agent city in the NFL, no need to try and hurt that further. 

Some fans want us to keep him out of spite which is crazy. That does nothing but put more pressure on Love and hurts the team without getting anything for him. Get some picks for him so we can sign our one free agent and get ready for the draft.