Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Really !  Then Rodgers says "I'm retiring instead..... and all the money you pushed into the future becomes due.....now."

So...be...it. Due to that contract, there will be some pain regardless of what they do or don't do. It's just that to me at least, maintaining self-respect is invaluable and getting fleeced by the Jets so as to mitigate some of that pain is not in my opinion the way to go.

13 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

It's so often the best player in franchise history is traded after playing for 18 years. I don't think anyone is saying they should take less value but to act like it's not in the organizations best interest to treat him reasonably well is wrong. We are already the worst free agent city in the NFL, no need to try and hurt that further. 

Some fans want us to keep him out of spite which is crazy. That does nothing but put more pressure on Love and hurts the team without getting anything for him. Get some picks for him so we can sign our one free agent and get ready for the draft.  

Bart Starr is getting traded?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Htr said:

What do y’all make of Tom Silverstein thinking it will be a pair of thirds only ?

Tom S hasn't had a clue all year on the Packers and he definitely isn't a Rodgers fan.  In his mind a pair of thirds would be probably enough .. in his mind .. nobody elses.

15 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

It's so often the best player in franchise history is traded after playing for 18 years. I don't think anyone is saying they should take less value but to act like it's not in the organizations best interest to treat him reasonably well is wrong. We are already the worst free agent city in the NFL, no need to try and hurt that further. 

Some fans want us to keep him out of spite which is crazy. That does nothing but put more pressure on Love and hurts the team without getting anything for him. Get some picks for him so we can sign our one free agent and get ready for the draft.  

Reciprocation is a two way street. Also, lets not pretend that GB did not treat him well. He was the highest paid QB in the league for a while and treated as a god by many fans.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Find me literally any precedent where the NFL got involved I. Trade compensation discussions or shut up on it.

Again,  nobody said anything about discussing trade compensation except you.  The NFL would be there to push for a solution.  THEY ARENT getting involved in the back and forth between the teams or discussing what or who is going where.  

Goodell getting Woody Johnson and Murphy on the conference call and saying "Youve been haggling for 5 months, Our season starts in 2 weeks let's get the Rodgers situation fixed, trade him or don't trade him, let's resolve this  You guys figure it out over the next week"

The NFL is all over that kinda stuff, it's what they do.  The NFL does what's in the NFLs best interest, and having Aaron Rodgers bogged down in trade issues for 5 months and missing games isn't in the NFLs best interest. 

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Tom S hasn't had a clue all year on the Packers and he definitely isn't a Rodgers fan.  In his mind a pair of thirds would be probably enough .. in his mind .. nobody elses.

I've always liked Tom, but seeing him not be able to report on Rodgers with his bias showing is getting old.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

OMG ... wouldn't that be delicious ... absolutely delicious?  More teams come into this to sweeten the pot and the Jets lose out cuz they are idiots.

Rodgers would just decline a trade there? It was made clear it's the Jets only yesterday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Rodgers would just decline a trade there? It was made clear it's the Jets only yesterday

What's he supposed to say?  It's the Packers decision where he goes but do think they'd talk to Rodgers about it.  Depends what teams are maybe interested other than the Jets but would be interesting.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:
41 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Robert Saleh is a good coach, but he's also 11-23.  He's not going to survive like 17-34

Barry replacement in 2024 ;)

Trade Rodgers for 2023 2nd and a 2024 conditional 3rd that turns into a 2 if the Jets make the playoffs, a 1 if they make the AFCCG, or Saleh if they don't make the playoffs, who says no?

Edited by JBURGE

Just now, coachbuns said:

What's he supposed to say?  It's the Packers decision where he goes but do think they'd talk to Rodgers about it.  Depends what teams are maybe interested other than the Jets but would be interesting.

Don't be naive, a team isn't going to trade for Rodgers if he doesn't want to go there. He will just retire.