Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Jets that haven't made the playoffs in over a decade and have burnt through highly drafted QBs because of how dysfunctional their team has been?

Correct. The Jets had a top 5 defense. The Raiders had a bottom 2 defense this past year.

Jets situation is obviously a better option if you think critically. 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Correct. The Jets had a top 5 defense. The Raiders had a bottom 2 defense this past year.

Jets situation is obviously a better option if you think critically. 

I agree with that. We have better skill position players than the Jets though.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wasn't the future pick a conditional 2nd that became a 1st because of his playing time? The only thing that's an issue is the timing, we have to find a team that wants to commit to him a month before the league year begins. Then I think we'll focus all of our attention on Brady with Jimmy G as a potential fall back plan but if that doesn't work I could see us sending the farm for Rodgers.

Do you think you guys would still be interested in Waller as a substitute for a draft pick?

Yes.  And I'd look at NFC teams who are probably not going to be in the Brady sweepstakes as the most obvious candidates for Carr.  New Orleans and Tampa Bay seem like obvious fits, but they've got cap issues.

And personally, I wouldn't be all that interested in Waller.  This isn't Waller of 2 years ago with his diminished production, contract status, and recent injury history.  He's more of a finishing product for a trade.  I'd take him back, but I'm not substituting premium draft picks for him.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jets are wayyyy better 

They're my target team.

They're on the cusp of serious contention in the AFCE....have a complete ****show at the QB position currently....the cap space and draft capital to make it happen.

So lets do it.....like today :)

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

2023 Raiders current weapons are not an upgrade over 2023 Green Bay weapons.

Not sure what your point is. The whole discussion is around where Rodgers is going. In your projection of 2023 Packers weapons is A. Jones on that list? I could see them moving him if Rodgers is gone. 

I would still say for Rodgers the 2023 Raiders weapons are better for him. Simply because of the Adams connection.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yes.  And I'd look at NFC teams who are probably not going to be in the Brady sweepstakes as the most obvious candidates for Carr.  New Orleans and Tampa Bay seem like obvious fits, but they've got cap issues.

And personally, I wouldn't be all that interested in Waller.  This isn't Waller of 2 years ago with his diminished production, contract status, and recent injury history.  He's more of a finishing product for a trade.  I'd take him back, but I'm not substituting premium draft picks for him.

I think the Saints, Buccaneers, Panthers, Falcons, Commanders, Colts, and Jets all make sense for Carr. I also think that Stafford's success with the Rams boosts his stock. 

I feel you there, he has been a disappointment for sure.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Worse system and coach, you say?

Gosh you're really proving my point. Rodgers must be over the moon to go to that!!

Is there really any team that's going to provide a significantly better situation for him then what he has in Green Bay?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think the Saints, Buccaneers, Panthers, Falcons, Commanders, Colts, and Jets all make sense for Carr. I also think that Stafford's success with the Rams boosts his stock. 

I feel you there, he has been a disappointment for sure.

I really don'tsee the Falcons being in play.  Colts seem positioned to go after one in the draft.  Saints and Bucs are limited via FA and the draft because of their pick and cap situations.  Panthers, Commanders, and Jets are in the no man's land with not high enough to draft a franchise QB without it costing a fortune.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's debatable between Rodgers and Brady.

You must have been watching different games.  Brady was horrible with no injuries .. Rodgers had a broken thumb with rookie wr's.  Not saying Rodgers was all world but their overall play difference was evident.

• Like 2