Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I can't believe that Rodgers doesn't have a NTC but we gave one to Carr, lol. 

If you guys are open to trading him within the NFC I think the Commanders would be a logical fit. 

LIS, if Washington is the highest bidder I'd imagine they'd trade him there.  But I'm also leery that Rodgers would accept going to Washington given all the dysfunction.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

LIS, if Washington is the highest bidder I'd imagine they'd trade him there.  But I'm also leery that Rodgers would accept going to Washington given all the dysfunction.

One of the issues for him though will be that most of the teams that need a QB are dysfunctional franchises, which is why their QB situation is currently a mess. I think the Titans would make sense as well but they desperately need to get better at WR.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I can't believe that Rodgers doesn't have a NTC but we gave one to Carr, lol. 

If you guys are open to trading him within the NFC I think the Commanders would be a logical fit. 

Commanders are a sleeper option as well, especially if their new owner wants to make a big splash.

SF is Rodgers dream destination. He will be lobbying HARD. His lobbying may be enough to get it done.

NYJ make the next most sense to me. He could add a LOT to his brand moving to NY with his billionaire heiress gf on a team also ready to win now.

Commanders could be willing to let Rodgers choose coaching staff (more or less) and his super buddies club.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Has Huntley really shown enough to roll with him as your starter as a team that has the ability to contend?

The offense worked just fine with Huntley as their QB.  And it's not just Huntley by himself.  It's Tyler Huntley plus all the draft picks they'd get for Lamar Jackson vs. Lamar Jackson.  And that's not even including the fact that Lamar Jackson comes with substantial injury conerns.

Just now, NYRaider said:

One of the issues for him though will be that most of the teams that need a QB are dysfunctional franchises, which is why their QB situation is currently a mess. I think the Titans would make sense as well but they desperately need to get better at WR.

Washington is a different level of dysfunctional until Snyder sells the franchise.  I think they're probably more willing to cave to Rodgers' demands than most franchises, but they've got their own fair share of issues.  Titans seem like a legit fit.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Commanders are a sleeper option as well, especially if their new owner wants to make a big splash.

SF is Rodgers dream destination. He will be lobbying HARD. His lobbying may be enough to get it done.

NYJ make the next most sense to me. He could add a LOT to his brand moving to NY with his billionaire heiress gf on a team also ready to win now.

Commanders could be willing to let Rodgers choose coaching staff (more or less) and his super buddies club.

I agree that the Jets are probably the best landing spot and if a deal is done relatively soon he'd have some say in who they hire as their OC.

I'm assuming that the 49ers can't afford him and I can't really see them giving up multiple picks after they just blew their load to take Lance.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Washington is a different level of dysfunctional until Snyder sells the franchise.  I think they're probably more willing to cave to Rodgers' demands than most franchises, but they've got their own fair share of issues.  Titans seem like a legit fit.

Titans do seem like a good fit but they desperately need upgrades at WR, but they might be limited in their ability to do that if they trade picks / take on his salary. Tannehill also has an $18M dead cap hit so they'd be heavily invested at QB.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The offense worked just fine with Huntley as their QB.  And it's not just Huntley by himself.  It's Tyler Huntley plus all the draft picks they'd get for Lamar Jackson vs. Lamar Jackson.  And that's not even including the fact that Lamar Jackson comes with substantial injury conerns.

They averaged 12 ppg in games that he started and 23 ppg in games with Lamar.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that the Jets are probably the best landing spot and if a deal is done relatively soon he'd have some say in who they hire as their OC.

I'm assuming that the 49ers can't afford him and I can't really see them giving up multiple picks after they just blew their load to take Lance.

SF deal would probably require a 3rd team and the Niners trading away Lance to them.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think IF Baltimore moves on from Lamar Jackson (and I'd still say that's unlikely), they're going to roll with Tyler Huntley and not use those picks for Rodgers.

They certainly end up with a haul, imagine a trade could look like this, say with the Jets.

Packers get: Balt 1st, NYJ 2nd, Charlie Kolar

Jets get: Lamar Jackson

Baltimore gets: NYJ 1st, 24 NYJ 1st, 25 NYJ 1st, late picks/swaps, Elijah Moore, Rodgers

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

They certainly end up with a haul, imagine a trade could look like this, say with the Jets.

Packers get: Balt 1st, NYJ 2nd, Charlie Kolar

Jets get: Lamar Jackson

Baltimore gets: NYJ 1st, 24 NYJ 1st, 25 NYJ 1st, late picks/swaps, Elijah Moore, Rodgers

Somehow I don't think Baltimore is walking away with 3 FRPs, Elijah Moore AND Aaron Rodgers.  Definitely feels like the Jets are getting bent over here pretty badly.  3 FRPs, a SRP, AND a former SRP.  Even Deshaun Watson didn't cost that much.  And even with the blemish that he had, I'd argue Watson is/was more valuable than Lamar Jackson.