Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

My prediction:

Rodgers to the Jets for ... 2023 1st & 2nd round pick & WR Elijah Moore.  

Getting Moore would be an absolute steal as part of any trade and would fit in perfectly with Watson/Doubs but I have serious doubts it happens because Gute doesn't like smaller WRs (for some dumb reason) and more importantly, Moore basically called LaFleur's brother an idiot and told him to **** off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Derek Carr isn't going to be hurting for money if he hits the FA market.  He'd be the best available QB by far since Geno Smith is likely to be franchise tagged assuming they can't agree to a long-term deal.  He's easily getting $30M+/year on the open market.

No.  He won't be hurting, for sure.  But his average now is $40M/year.  That was Kirwan's point.  He was saying that his agent of probably talking to him about being traded and keeping his deal versus hitting free agency and how much more he will make on his current deal.

All I'm doing is parroting a former NFL GM.  I'm not sure what he gets in FA.  But I do see where his deal is kindda team friendly in that there is a ton of salary and not a lot of guaranteed money left, so it would be easy to restructure.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No.  He won't be hurting, for sure.  But his average now is $40M/year.  That was Kirwan's point.  He was saying that his agent of probably talking to him about being traded and keeping his deal versus hitting free agency and how much more he will make on his current deal.

All I'm doing is parroting a former NFL GM.  I'm not sure what he gets in FA.  But I do see where his deal is kindda team friendly in that there is a ton of salary and not a lot of guaranteed money left, so it would be easy to restructure.  

Are we going to pretend that it's not possible for Carr to get $40M/year on the open market?  Other than Tom Brady, he's probably the best available QB in FA in years.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Are we going to pretend that it's not possible for Carr to get $40M/year on the open market?  Other than Tom Brady, he's probably the best available QB in FA in years.

I think he could get that much, and I have a feeling the Colts will be the one paying him that.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Rodgers to the Broncos was a done deal until the Seahawks swooped in with a better offer for a younger QB.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Wilson trade happen shortly after the Rodgers' extension?  Or am I misremembering.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Wilson trade happen shortly after the Rodgers' extension?  Or am I misremembering.

I don't think he was serious.  I think they swung the Wilson deal the same day that it was announced that Rodgers was staying in GB.  Most think Rodgers was the Broncos plan A, and Wilson was plan B.

I'd love to get two 1sts for Rodgers, but I would be perfectly fine with the following trade: 

Jets: Rodgers

Packers: 2nd (43 overall) (2023), 3rd (74 overall) (2023), Elijah Moore and Conditional 1st (2024 -- conditioned upon Rodgers being on the roster by the start of the 2024 league year, otherwise reverts to a 2nd). 

People may say this is undervalued for the Packers but we have to remember that the Jets are taking a big risk too in acquiring a 39-year old QB who talks about retirement every January.