Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Getting Moore would be an absolute steal as part of any trade and would fit in perfectly with Watson/Doubs but I have serious doubts it happens because Gute doesn't like smaller WRs (for some dumb reason) and more importantly, Moore basically called LaFleur's brother an idiot and told him to **** off. 

Moore is everything they hoped they were getting with Amari Rodgers.  My concern is his attitude.  He'd be coming into franchise with a new inexperienced QB.  Can he except not getting the ball as often as he would like?  Tends to give half effort when he's not involved.  Fix that, and If he fits in the locker room , good pickup.  

I'm sure MLF can get the skinny on this kid good and bad from his brother.

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd love to get two 1sts for Rodgers, but I would be perfectly fine with the following trade: 

Jets: Rodgers

Packers: 2nd (43 overall) (2023), 3rd (74 overall) (2023), Elijah Moore and Conditional 1st (2024 -- conditioned upon Rodgers being on the roster by the start of the 2024 league year, otherwise reverts to a 2nd). 

People may say this is undervalued for the Packers but we have to remember that the Jets are taking a big risk too in acquiring a 39-year old QB who talks about retirement every January. 

Got a sneaky suspicion Moore would be immediately furious he gets another LaFleur.

Just saw you posted similar. Lol

Edited by HighCalebR

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Got a sneaky suspicion Moore would be immediately furious he gets another LaFleur.

I think Moore just wants a chance to be "the guy" or close to that. He would have that chance in GB. He would instantly be the 1b to Watson. He's a better player than Doubs. 

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Moore is everything they hoped they were getting with Amari Rodgers.  My concern is his attitude.  He'd be coming into franchise with a new inexperienced QB.  Can he except not getting the ball as often as he would like?  If he fits in the locker room , good pickup.  

I'm sure MLF can get the skinny on this kid good and bad from his brother.

We could use a bit of that kind of attitude IMO. Guys like Stefon Diggs and A.J. Brown throw tantrums from time to time, but they live up to it on the field. Not saying Moore is that caliber but it's the same idea. Sometimes that attitude is needed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If Rodgers is traded to the Jets, it will be after June 1 to spread the dead money over two years. Therefore no pick coming from the 2023 draft, but probably a player and a pick from the 2024 draft. I want Quinnen Williams.

Nope .. Packers will probably eat the 40 mil this year and then be done with any future Rodgers contract ramifications.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are we going to pretend that it's not possible for Carr to get $40M/year on the open market?  Other than Tom Brady, he's probably the best available QB in FA in years.

Are you going to pretend to not understand my posts when I say "I don't know what he's going to get in FA"?

Or are you going to pretend that you don't understand me when I say I'm parroting Pat Kirwan, a former NFL GM?

Because I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I understand the NFL as well as Kiran does.

Maybe Carr gets 40M/year.  Maybe he doesn't.  Logic tells me that his current team didn't think he was worth that deal.  Maybe someone will disagree.

Logic would also tell me that franchise level QB's don't really hit free agency.  You reference Brady.  And you are right.  I'll reference Cousins.  It does happen.  But not often.  So...is Carr, Brady/Cousins?  Or is he a clear tier or two lower?  

I believe he's a tier under those guys.  Well, two or three tiers under where Brady was.  Maybe one tier under Cousins.  And I'm gonna say this....I don't know what that is worth on the open market.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If Rodgers is traded to the Jets, it will be after June 1 to spread the dead money over two years. Therefore no pick coming from the 2023 draft, but probably a player and a pick from the 2024 draft. I want Quinnen Williams.

GB can trade Rodgers before June 1st and get picks in 2023

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

But then he didn't go to Denver. 

I applaud the Jets efforts, but if Rodgers goes (I'm now about 70% sure he does) then I still think they're only 4th or 5th on his list. If he gives the Packers three teams he'd accept a trade to, I don't see it being them.

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Wilson trade happen shortly after the Rodgers' extension?  Or am I misremembering.

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Shortly before I believe. Very shortly.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/green-bay-packers/signed-extension/

Rodgers extension was March 8th

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/denver-broncos/trade/

Wilson to Denver trade March 16th

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nope .. Packers will probably eat the 40 mil this year and then be done with any future Rodgers contract ramifications.

Thank you, I sometimes feel like the only one who could see through the "post June 1st" bull****.

It saves us zero dollars in the cap in the long run, and just prolongs our pain  and doesn't net us any draft picks this year. It's the worst of both worlds.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Just saw you posted similar. Lol

For a 40 year old QB coming of a bad year? If the Packers get a first round for Rodgers and they take his contract then take that in a minute. His value was last year not next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sandy said:

But then he didn't go to Denver. 

I applaud the Jets efforts, but if Rodgers goes (I'm now about 70% sure he does) then I still think they're only 4th or 5th on his list. If he gives the Packers three teams he'd accept a trade to, I don't see it being them.

Woody Johnson apparently is willing to move heaven and earth to get a franchise qb in there.  Once they express their devotion for Aaron he'll be sucked in.  

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think Moore just wants a chance to be "the guy" or close to that. He would have that chance in GB. He would instantly be the 1b to Watson. He's a better player than Doubs. 

One things for sure......the WR room will have been refreshed quickly enough :) 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Woody Johnson apparently is willing to move heaven and earth to get a franchise qb in there.  Once they express their devotion for Aaron he'll be sucked in.  

Woody will explain all the gratitude he would have if Aaron became a Jet. I'm sure that would get him all in.