Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, CWood21 said:

Somehow I don't think Baltimore is walking away with 3 FRPs, Elijah Moore AND Aaron Rodgers.  Definitely feels like the Jets are getting bent over here pretty badly.  3 FRPs, a SRP, AND a former SRP.  Even Deshaun Watson didn't cost that much.  And even with the blemish that he had, I'd argue Watson is/was more valuable than Lamar Jackson.

Watson is nowhere near the compensation level for Jackson IMO. Jackson is a FAR superior player. Dude had 2 years off playing football and you see what most people assumed now, he'd be extremally rusty and may never be the same. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Somehow I don't think Baltimore is walking away with 3 FRPs, Elijah Moore AND Aaron Rodgers.  Definitely feels like the Jets are getting bent over here pretty badly.  3 FRPs, a SRP, AND a former SRP.  Even Deshaun Watson didn't cost that much.  And even with the blemish that he had, I'd argue Watson is/was more valuable than Lamar Jackson.

In what world is Watson more valuable than Jackson...

That's like not even close.

One guy has an MVP and no rape charges.

One guys has no MVP and many rape charges.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

In what world is Watson more valuable than Jackson...

That's like not even close.

One guy has an MVP and no rape charges.

One guys has no MVP and many rape charges.

One has averaged 15.7 GP over the previous 3 seasons prior to his suspension.  The other one is averaging 13 GP.    I think the difference is substantial undervalued here.  And I'm not using some garbage award (MVP) to justify an argument.  And let's be honest, Lamar Jackson's playing style doesn't lead you to any confidence about him staying healthy long-term.  3 FRPs is the absolute asking price.  But I don't think you're getting a SRP plus another former premium pick on top of that.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Watson is nowhere near the compensation level for Jackson IMO. Jackson is a FAR superior player. Dude had 2 years off playing football and you see what most people assumed now, he'd be extremally rusty and may never be the same. 

Far superior?  I definitely wouldn't go that far.  Watson is/was a better passer.  Lamar Jackson is a better runner.  Which one is more likely to age better?  The answer is pretty clearly Watson.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Key words, yes?

Yes.  But you also didn't have a full offseason of preparation (I believe).  You're telling me that you don't think that a full offseason and preseason that Watson doesn't have a reasonably good chance of reverting to his usual self? That looked like a rusty QB, which is pretty much what we expected.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Far superior?  I definitely wouldn't go that far.  Watson is/was a better passer.  Lamar Jackson is a better runner.  Which one is more likely to age better?  The answer is pretty clearly Watson.

Agree, Jackson's style has led him to miss significant playing time over the past two years.  Watson is a much better long term investment.   Baltimore knows it, and they've got a tough decision to make.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jackson is by far the better playmaker at the position. We're talking QB starved franchises here. One QB brings you rallies and protests outside your stadium, the other brings you billboards all over town, instant season ticket sellouts and high jersey sales. There should be absolutely zero doubt who an owner would pay more for. Can you imagine Lamar Jackson in the NY market? Who's best QB in the last 3 decades might have been a year or Favre or Chad Pennington ??? The revenue he'd make the Jets would be crazy. Add him to Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall and a Robert Saleh defense, that's going to be good football. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Jackson is by far the better playmaker at the position. We're talking QB starved franchises here. One QB brings you rallies and protests outside your stadium, the other brings you billboards all over town, instant season ticket sellouts and high jersey sales. There should be absolutely zero doubt who an owner would pay more for. Can you imagine Lamar Jackson in the NY market? Who's best QB in the last 3 decades might have been a year or Favre or Chad Pennington ??? The revenue he'd make the Jets would be crazy. Add him to Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall and a Robert Saleh defense, that's going to be good football. 

I think both of you are right. I think Jackson commands a bigger trade package than Watson. I also think the team that gets him will sincerely regret that decision by the end of the first or second year into that deal. Baltimore would be wise to dump him because he's too limited as a passer to win many big games, especially in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

But again, we're one lower body injury away from him being a non-playmaker.  How confident are you that's going to be able to stay healthy?  Because I'm not.  He's in his physical prime and he's missed 5 games in each of the last two seasons.  It's not going to get better as he gets older.  Don't get me wrong, Lamar Jackson is going to fetch a haul.  NOBODY is disagreeing on that.  I just don't think teams are going to write a blank check to Baltimore for Lamar Jackson knowing that he's likely going to miss a quarter of the regular season.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Can you imagine Lamar Jackson in the NY market? Who's best QB in the last 3 decades might have been a year or Favre or Chad Pennington ??? The revenue he'd make the Jets would be crazy. Add him to Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall and a Robert Saleh defense, that's going to be good football. 

Let me ask you this hypothetical question, what would you value the difference of Lamar Jackson versus Aaron Rodgers?  If your choice is 3 FRPs plus Elijah Moore for Lamar Jackson or a Day 2 pick plus a conditional FRP/SRP in 2024, is Lamar Jackson the better value?  That's a legit question.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

But again, we're one lower body injury away from him being a non-playmaker.  How confident are you that's going to be able to stay healthy?  Because I'm not.  He's in his physical prime and he's missed 5 games in each of the last two seasons.  It's not going to get better as he gets older.  Don't get me wrong, Lamar Jackson is going to fetch a haul.  NOBODY is disagreeing on that.  I just don't think teams are going to write a blank check to Baltimore for Lamar Jackson knowing that he's likely going to miss a quarter of the regular season.

We're one Watson incident away from him being banished from the NFL. That didn't stop teams. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Let me ask you this hypothetical question, what would you value the difference of Lamar Jackson versus Aaron Rodgers?  If your choice is 3 FRPs plus Elijah Moore for Lamar Jackson or a Day 2 pick plus a conditional FRP/SRP in 2024, is Lamar Jackson the better value?  That's a legit question.

Yes because Lamar is on your team for 5+ years, Rodgers is another 1 year rental.

You're thinking like a Packers fan. Think like an owner of a team who hasn't won a SB since 1969, and hasn't has a rock solid franchise QB since then either, then get back to me. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yes because Lamar is on your team for 5+ years, Rodgers is another 1 year rental.

You're thinking like a Packers fan. Think like an owner of a team who hasn't won a SB since 1969, and hasn't has a rock solid franchise QB since then either, then get back to me. 

And if you thought Lamar Jackson was going to play in less than 75% of the games during that time period, would you still feel the same?  I think you're vastly undervaluing the availability issue.