Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, JBURGE said:

Don't be naive, a team isn't going to trade for Rodgers if he doesn't want to go there. He will just retire.

Did you see the part about the Packers would talk to him about it?  They will work together ... period.  The questions was:  wouldn't it be delicious if some other team(s) come in not what does Rodgers think.

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

OMG ... wouldn't that be delicious ... absolutely delicious?  More teams come into this to sweeten the pot and the Jets lose out cuz they are idiots.

Is this where we start arguing about whether GB should accept 2 RD1's from SF for Rodgers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Did you see the part about the Packers would talk to him about it?  They will work together ... period.  The questions was:  wouldn't it be delicious if some other team(s) come in not what does Rodgers think.

The only chance, which I don't see happening, if Rodgers would have to get offended because the Jets don't feel he's worth what Green Bay is asking for him. 

Very slim chance. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sure, because they're the current team offering him a starting position. It's not like he picked the Jets out.

If you think Rodgers would go to the Panthers or Commanders, or GB would trade him to the 9ers, I have a building to sell you.

The list of teams that make sense is short, and Rodgers all but confirmed one of the other ones that would have made sense (Raiders) was not an option.

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

If you think Rodgers would go to the Panthers or Commanders, or GB would trade him to the 9ers, I have a building to sell you.

The list of teams that make sense is short, and Rodgers all but confirmed one of the other ones that would have made sense (Raiders) was not an option.

What is the benefit of talking yourself out of realistic options for absolutely no reason? I don't get it.

Things happen fast in the NFL. Another suitor could OBVIOUSLY emerge.

There's nothing unique about the Jets where AR is 100% on them. That's just silly. They are his current best option. That's it.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

hqg GIF

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Commanders or Panthers no frickin chance he goes there.  I'd consider the Niners but I'd want the farm in return, and I mean a serious haul.

2023 3 3rds (gotta hit on a 3rd sometime)

2024 1st, 2nd

2025 1st, 2nd.

Edited by NFLGURU

Just now, Laces Out said:

Anything in the NFL rules that would prevent the Jets from flipping Rodgers right to the 49ers? 3 team trades are generally rare in sports, but often happen in unison with all 3 entities involved.

I'm guessing there would be provisions in the trade language to prevent this, if there aren't already within all NFL trades. However, I generally think NFL teams wouldn't go through all the trouble to do that. 

• Like 1