Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, Isherwood said:

Jason Wilde is really on one, trying to say that GB should send Rodgers on a "discount" to the Jets because he's being jerked around. Also, that Jordan Love is Mitch Trubisky, which is a comparison I'm so mad about I can't even talk more about it. 

Why would you ever willingly give a second of your time to that schmuck?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol at Rodgers going to Washington or Carolina. 

I get we're bored waiting for this to go through, but no way in hell. 

Washington is wayyyyyyyyyy closer to the Jets than the Panthers.

They make just as much sense (at least prior to the Lazard signing).

Unless you're in the camp you really don't think we entertained an NFC team (which is nonsense IMO)

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Rodgers is more likely to play for the Winnipeg Jets this year than for the Panthers or Commanders or 49ers.

I have long heard of the Winnipeg Jets locker room being pretty toxic. Especially the on-ice leadership. So maybe Rodgers will just fit in.

50 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Again,  nobody said anything about discussing trade compensation except you.  The NFL would be there to push for a solution.  THEY ARENT getting involved in the back and forth between the teams or discussing what or who is going where.  

Goodell getting Woody Johnson and Murphy on the conference call and saying "Youve been haggling for 5 months, Our season starts in 2 weeks let's get the Rodgers situation fixed, trade him or don't trade him, let's resolve this  You guys figure it out over the next week"

The NFL is all over that kinda stuff, it's what they do.  The NFL does what's in the NFLs best interest, and having Aaron Rodgers bogged down in trade issues for 5 months and missing games isn't in the NFLs best interest. 

Name a single solitary precedent of the NFL getting involved.

Name a single time the NFL got involved in a contract dispute.

Aaron Rodgers is under contract with the Packers. They own his rights and can do what they want.

The NFL can’t do ****.

You have no ground to stand on in this argument.

You’re wrong. Accept it. Quit doubling down on it. They can’t do a ****ing thing.

With Favre, they held off on filing his retirement paperwork. That’s it. That’s all. 

For the record, I was stating wishful thinking on those teams, not offering them as legitimate candidates to get Rodgers.

I’m well aware he’s not getting traded to the Panthers. Or the Commanders. Or the Niners.

I listed the 3 teams with QB need that I could remember, then got distracted and said **** it and posted.

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Washington is wayyyyyyyyyy closer to the Jets than the Panthers.

They make just as much sense (at least prior to the Lazard signing).

Unless you're in the camp you really don't think we entertained an NFC team (which is nonsense IMO)

Did you miss the NFLPA team rankings? Washington is the armpit of the league.

• Like 1