Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Given the most common reported trade comp, that 2nd this year is going to play a vital role for GB. With 

there not being a ton of top tier talent this year, are people hoping GB stays w the 2 2nds and drafts there?

Or do you hope Gutekunst uses 1 to package w 15 and move up in front of Hou to get Smith-Njigba if he's there?

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Gute or MLF I don’t remember which, said they’d like to add a veteran there.

Agree we’re pigeon holed into taking a TE & WR early. Good draft to be in that position. Opposite is true of the safety class we’re facing.

So it would be really nice to have an extra top 50 pick to give us some more freedom to make some BPA picks? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sterling84 said:

Given the most common reported trade comp, that 2nd this year is going to play a vital role for GB. With 

there not being a ton of top tier talent this year, are people hoping GB stays w the 2 2nds and drafts there?

Or do you hope Gutekunst uses 1 to package w 15 and move up in front of Hou to get Smith-Njigba if he's there?

How absolutely bat **** insane would it be after not taking a WR first round in ever. To not only doing that as soon as Rodgers leaves, but to trade up as well. I'd laugh so hard. Pettiest thing Gute could ever do.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sandy said:

He missed a few key points actually on his analysis. Has us operating with about $3m less in functional space because of his intentional pessimism.

Again, being pessimistic doesn't mean your take is bad.  I mean, we're not all here discrediting @packfanfb for being pessimistic.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He's off by like $40million in his 2024 cap space post.

Might as well bring out a Magic 8 ball at that point.  Way too many variables to be critical of his projection of the 2024 cap situation.  He's using a bit more projection that I'd personally care to see if you're trying to "report" the state of the Packers' cap.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Might as well bring out a Magic 8 ball at that point.  Way too many variables to be critical of his projection of the 2024 cap situation.  He's using a bit more projection that I'd personally care to see if you're trying to "report" the state of the Packers' cap.

To be intellectually honest he needs to state his extreme worst case scenario assumptions along with the single, reactionary number. He knows what he's doing and it's intellectually dishonest.

99.9% of people who see that tweet believe that the players on the team RIGHT NOW are $6million over the 2024 cap. When in reality, they're about $35million under it.

• Like 1