Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Practice squad players make 207k for the season, * 16 players is 3.3m. 

He counted over a million for calling PS players up mid-season. So he had $3.57m for the practice squad, and over a million for calling them up.

The max you can spend is actually $3.456m when you eliminate rounding ($12,000 a week, 18 weeks, 16 players). But that's assuming you've constantly maxed out your practice squad and never called a player up for game day. 

We did not do this last season and it is unreasonable to think we suddenly will.

If y'all want to keep being wrong, keep being wrong. Ken double-dips on expenses to create a narrative that gets follows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Practice squad players make 207k for the season, * 16 players is 3.3m. 

That's only the minimum cap hit. Many are paid above the minimum. I don't even know why he posts in Top 51. Those two differences are almost a 5 mil change. Kind of a significant figure.

7 minutes ago, Sandy said:

If y'all want to keep being wrong, keep being wrong. Ken double-dips on expenses to create a narrative that gets follows.

You're complaining over $3M.  It's amazing you aren't complaining about the discrepancy between Spotrac and OTC.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You're complaining over $3M.  It's amazing you aren't complaining about the discrepancy between Spotrac and OTC.

Not complaining, just pointing out some errors in his work. A lot of people on here keep saying we have "no cap space", then reference his work. 

I don't like that he lies or makes stuff up to get more follows.

Curious - why are you so adamant about defending him?

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

Yeah, good job mod. Let's **** on the poster who is curious and helpful about the details by saying he's "complaining"...

Not ****ting on the poster.  I'm merely saying discrediting someone completely simply because they have a slightly different numbers then you.

19 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How about 2 2nd rounders, swap 1sts, and a comp pick Ian?

I think the ask was the 13th at first but like any negotiation you need to be flexible.

The ask is 13… and if NY is dead set on not giving that up (which fine fair enough)… its about first round value which we have been discussing for a bit now.

Then that conversation becomes maybe GB wants 42 and 43 because they feel really good about this year. And maybe NY doesn’t want to give up that much this year… so it then turns into, how does it get spread over multiple years etc.

the funnier thing that I don’t think that gets talked about… if the Jets truly thought they were just an Aaron Rodgers away they really wouldn’t mind paying a 13th overall price tag. I think like everyone else… they saw last year and know Rodgers at the MVP anymore, so they need to make sure they get cheap talent in the draft to help.

Edited by Green19

17 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Not complaining, just pointing out some errors in his work. A lot of people on here keep saying we have "no cap space", then reference his work. 

I don't like that he lies or makes stuff up to get more follows.

Curious - why are you so adamant about defending him?

Not defending, just merely saying you have to be weed out what you need out of information he provides.  Like I mentioned, I think he puts too much of his opinion into his calculations rather than stating the facts as they're currently.  And you say $3M gets us a veteran QB, WR, and TE when the reality is that's dumpster diving the dumpster from last week.  You're not going to get much.  You're probably going to be scraping the lowest of the low.  Of last year's FA class, the only QBs who signed for $1.5M or less were Brandon Allen ($1.5M), Sean Mannion ($1.3M), Ryan Griffin ($1.2M), Josh Dobbs ($1.2M), and Josh Rosen (925k).  None of those guys make me feel good about my QB2.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Not defending, just merely saying you have to be weed out what you need out of information he provides.  Like I mentioned, I think he puts too much of his opinion into his calculations rather than stating the facts as they're currently.  And you say $3M gets us a veteran QB, WR, and TE when the reality is that's dumpster diving the dumpster from last week.  You're not going to get much.  You're probably going to be scraping the lowest of the low.  Of last year's FA class, the only QBs who signed for $1.5M or less were Brandon Allen ($1.5M), Sean Mannion ($1.3M), Ryan Griffin ($1.2M), Josh Dobbs ($1.2M), and Josh Rosen (925k).  None of those guys make me feel good about my QB2.

You could easily get Teddy Bridgewater for a 3m cap hit. Cap hit is not AAV.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Spoiler alert.  You can be a ****** bag and be correct.

He's neither. He's a pompous *** now who thinks he's smarter than everyone on the planet and it's tirelessly annoying. IDK how people follow him.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

How absolutely bat **** insane would it be after not taking a WR first round in ever. To not only doing that as soon as Rodgers leaves, but to trade up as well. I'd laugh so hard. Pettiest thing Gute could ever do.

It's going to happen. And it'll be glorious.