Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers breaks his collarbone week 1 and now the Jets owe us the #4 pick in the 2024 draft. Pick is going to have conditions. Come back to reality. 

I mean I’m sure because of this exact scenario…. but man, would love to just tell the jets “that’s the risk”. Look at Trey Lance.

I would come back and tell them if they want conditions on that pick… no conditions on if he retires and only plays a year.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean I’m sure because of this exact scenario…. but man, would love to just tell the jets “that’s the risk”. Look at Trey Lance.

I would come back and tell them if they want conditions on that pick… no conditions on if he retires and only plays a year.

If we were taking picks #42 & #43 this year there wouldn't be any such thing as a collarbone tax from the Jets.  There's shouldn't be any stipulations on us taking #42 and a 2024 1st either.  If the dude gets hurt he gets hurt.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If we were taking picks #42 & #43 this year there wouldn't be any such thing as a collarbone tax from the Jets.  There's shouldn't be any stipulations on us taking #42 and a 2024 1st either.  If the dude gets hurt he gets hurt.  

Well just start accepting now that you'll be dissapointed in the final compensation and it will make it easier when the day arrives. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Functionally one of the many reasons that GB was likely never offered both 42 and 43.

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

How absolutely bat **** insane would it be after not taking a WR first round in ever. To not only doing that as soon as Rodgers leaves, but to trade up as well. I'd laugh so hard. Pettiest thing Gute could ever do.

Wait until Gute drafts JSN at 15 and then during his press conference says, "yea we made sure to consult with Jordan before the draft and he was really high on JSN so that really helped in zeroing in on him as the pick." 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

Functionally one of the many reasons that GB was likely never offered both 42 and 43.

Also like I mentioned earlier, it’s because the Jets know this is a shot in the dark. They saw Rodgers last year. He is doing podcast rather than talking to front office and coaches.

going to Hawaii, instead of working out with his guys.

I would personally play hard ball and try and get 42 and 43. I mentioned before too that I could just say give me 13 or the 2 2nds and call it. I would even take the lesser “points” with the 2 seconds than getting potentially the better pick in a late first next year. Give me the value today, rather than future gains.

The conditions are dumb to me personally. These don’t happen with draft picks or any other type of trades. arguably you know more of what you are getting with Rodgers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wait until Gute drafts JSN at 15 and then during his press conference says, "yea we made sure to consult with Jordan before the draft and he was really high on JSN so that really helped in zeroing in on him as the pick." 

Live shot of Jordan Love handing the card to Gute in the War Room

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sure it will be awful ... not a lot of faith in Gute after failing to land the motherlode in 2022.  

Imagine trading AR at the end of last year , he wins another MVP and leads his new team to the SB. I don’t think anyone would be too happy. And I can only imagine what everyone would think if that happened and Jordan Love looked lost out there. 

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Imagine trading AR at the end of last year , he wins another MVP and leads his new team to the SB. I don’t think anyone would be too happy. And I can only imagine what everyone would think if that happened and Jordan Love looked lost out there. 

Imagine if we signed AR to a hideous deal and then watched him regress while failing to make the playoffs.  Real life. 

Always better to get rid of a guy a year to soon than a year too late.  Once they start talking about retirement they are already retiring.   There were plenty of warning signs.  

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ive seen the AR movie 15x+, it doesnt end like that

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Haha .. no doubt.  Scared organizations hold on too long. 

Little off topic but kind of not but I'm just irritated that there's so many people that were saying "you can't trade him, he just won 2 MVPs!" are a lot of the same people trying to get after Gute because he's not (seemingly) fetching a huge haul now. They're just Aaron fans over the team and I realize that but it doesn't stop it from being annoying lol

• Like 6