Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The cap space came from the fact that we had a 4 year stretch where our 1st round picks were Derek Sherrod, Nick Perry, Datone Jones and HHCD. 1/4 of those got a 2nd contract. In those classes I believe only Mike Daniels, Davante Adams and David Bakhtiari got 2nd contracts.

Let me let you in on a little secret on how the NFL works. There's a salary cap. Bad teams that draft bad always have the most salary cap. Good teams that give their draft picks 2nd contract do not have salary cap. 

Here's another secret, teams with elite, high paid QBs don't usually have much cap room to work with either. 

Crazy conclusion here, but it's almost as of the NFL uses the salary cap in order to promote parity amongst its teams in order to get as many fan bases as possible to feel like their team is a contender.

Everything he says is stretching the truth AT BEST. I also very highly suspect he was not a TT fan in any way until he could use his "success" against Gutenkunst. 

And even if Gute starts with some extra money that we didn't always have, he did pretty good with it. Sans Jimmy Graham? But no his FA acquisitions are a negative. He just turns it all around. All for freaking hero worship to a guy who doesn't want to be here but waited a year before he magically decided he didn't want to "spend his whole career here" after how freaking long?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The cap space came from the fact that we had a 4 year stretch where our 1st round picks were Derek Sherrod, Nick Perry, Datone Jones and HHCD. 1/4 of those got a 2nd contract. In those classes I believe only Mike Daniels, Davante Adams and David Bakhtiari got 2nd contracts.

Let me let you in on a little secret on how the NFL works. There's a salary cap. Bad teams that draft bad always have the most salary cap. Good teams that give their draft picks 2nd contract do not have salary cap. 

Here's another secret, teams with elite, high paid QBs don't usually have much cap room to work with either. 

Crazy conclusion here, but it's almost as of the NFL uses the salary cap in order to promote parity amongst its teams in order to get as many fan bases as possible to feel like their team is a contender.

Here is a little secret. Ted had some really bad drafts but never ignored WR and hit on a lot of them. You use draft picks to get cheap players when your QB makes a lot. Gute thus far has been horrible at that. The results speak for themselves. His drafts have not been nearly good enough to make up for ignoring wr/te and he's got Helen Keller vision. 

Edited by PackFan13

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Great rebuttal as always. Those facts you provide always make me question my stance

I just made a real post. 

But that troll puts "he isn't good enough" in EVERY post. Like it's a fact. Like he's swinging a pocket watch in our faces waiting for it to hypnotize us. He also uses no facts. "His drafts aren't good enough" isn't a fact. It's all he says over and over.

If I just posted "his drafts are good enough" every day I'm sure you'd think that's a fact. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

The results speak for themselves

Agreed. Rodgers is a choke artist *****. 

Glad we all agree.

Finally our WR room will be studly because our QB will play normal people football. CAN'T WAIT 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Here is a little secret. Ted had some really bad drafts but never ignored WR and hit on a lot of them. You use draft picks to get cheap players when your QB makes a lot. Gute thus far has been horrible at that. The results speak for themselves. His drafts have not been nearly good enough to make up for ignoring wr/te and he's got Helen Keller vision. 

Amazing. We both look at the same data and come to completely different conclusions.

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

It is true.  Have a problem me responding to bad takes?   I responded to the idea that he is a good drafter.   Which is false.

I responded to the idea that he couldn't know and his moves with AR last offseason were not correct - which is demonstrably false. Quite frankly that whole interchange was stupid.

If you don't want people to respond to bad takes, then people should stop putting them out there. And those that don't like the response should grow up.  It isn't wrong to want new leadership for the team you are a fan of if the current leadership isn't getting the job done.   I never typed one word asking for TT to be removed.   I thought Ron Wolf was fantastic.  

It isn't a mortal affront to the fans of the Green Bay Packers to want more from the current leadership team. It should be damn near unanimous by now that we need better, but some people are childish and think that anything said critical of the organization means that the person isn't enough of a fan.

Why don't you push your silly little memes at those who are consistently wrong.  You've been criticizing me for 2+ years for my criticism of the Packers leadership.  By now you should understand that so far, I have been correct in how things would play out.  

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

Everything he says is stretching the truth AT BEST. I also very highly suspect he was not a TT fan in any way until he could use his "success" against Gutenkunst. 

And even if Gute starts with some extra money that we didn't always have, he did pretty good with it. Sans Jimmy Graham? But no his FA acquisitions are a negative. He just turns it all around. All for freaking hero worship to a guy who doesn't want to be here but waited a year before he magically decided he didn't want to "spend his whole career here" after how freaking long?

You don't even understand that there was no AR hero worship.  I was also the guy who criticized the Packers for not trading him last year.  Yes, I also criticized the simple minded on this board who blamed all of the Packers problems on AR ignoring the other major mistakes.   You got so wrapped up in that defense that you couldn't or wouldn't see the bigger picture.

I thought TT was really a good GM until the last couple years when he started chasing problems rather than drafting the best players.   I didn't rip on TT because he had a track record of success and earned some leeway.

I agree that Gute did a good job with FA his first year.   The simple truth is that if it FA is his strength, he hasn't given himself that path to use anymore with how he has managed the cap and his roster.  All of the above added up mean the Packers are getting worse instead of better and have no SM wins to show for it.

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Where are the Davante Adams, Bakhtiari's, Josh Sitton, TJ Langs, Micah Hydes from round 2 -4?   

I understand everything you say but look at the contributions the Chiefs got from their rookie class last year on the way to a SB win.   We haven't got a contribution like that from any of Gute's drafts.  

I never made the argument that Gute didn't draft well enough in rounds 1-2.  I made the suggestion that we didn't get much from rounds after that.   People used players like Newman and Myers to argue.   Newman played at too low a level to be a counter argument IMO.

While I agree that prime QB's take up a large chunk of the cap space we had no reason or business giving Rodgers the contract extension we did last year.   It's like the Packers don't know AR and understand that from the second they picked Jordan Love in the draft Rodgers was going to be a problem until he was gone.  The guy writes off family and anyone else he perceives as not doing him right.  

The cap is a leveler, but the good teams overcome those restraints.  GB has done it for 30 years.  It is not currently foing it and that has been my point.

19 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

You don't even understand that there was no AR hero worship.  I was also the guy who criticized the Packers for not trading him last year.  Yes, I also criticized the simple minded on this board who blamed all of the Packers problems on AR ignoring the other major mistakes.   You got so wrapped up in that defense that you couldn't or wouldn't see the bigger picture.

NOBODY is trading a reigning MVP.  That's a GREAT way for Gute to lose job quickly.  If Rodgers continues to play at an MVP level, and your hand-picked replacement flames out then Gute's out of a job.  It's a LOT easier to justify  moving on from Aaron this offseason because he's "regressed".  But imagine shipping out an MVP and his replacement is a bust.  You're not going to be able to see the fruits of your trade.  And despite your opinion, people aren't blaming Rodgers for everything.  But Rodgers absolutely deserves a fair share of blame.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Oh really ? That’s funny. Real easy to say now. GB was like 2nd or 3rd in the NFC odds wise in the beginning of the season. But whatever you say 

I said it then too. This isn't a retrospective.