Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

28 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Why wouldn't it?

Because your concern about the gender of the person with their booty near Lazard's head comes across as highly homophobic.

I hope that was not your intent, but if it was, then I'm glad I called you out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

Because your concern about the gender of the person with their booty near Lazard's head comes across as highly homophobic.

lol, You didn't call me out, you called you out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sandy said:

never mind. I read the rest of the post before it. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Isn't that what I said?  Seems that FA may be his strength.  If that is the case he needs to plan for more FA money to utilize that strength.

I thought you were against Gute and FA.

But here's the rub.  When you draft well, and re-sign your own, you don't have much FA money.  Gute had it because TT had a draft of two that was awful at the end of his run here.

Gute's draft are coming up for deals, and he got some very important ones done.  So if talking about his free agency stuff, you gotta remember signing his own.  So far it is JA and EJ.

We shall see how his other drafts and picks fare.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Did anyone find out if this guy is legit at all?Seems like he tries to wordsmith things a bit and make them seem like a report. I’ve also seen him RT Arrigo so…

Id probably assume his sources are tqitter and his friends around the water cooler and hes not breaking trade parameters no one else is.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I thought you were against Gute and FA.

But here's the rub.  When you draft well, and re-sign your own, you don't have much FA money.  Gute had it because TT had a draft of two that was awful at the end of his run here.

Gute's draft are coming up for deals, and he got some very important ones done.  So if talking about his free agency stuff, you gotta remember signing his own.  So far it is JA and EJ.

We shall see how his other drafts and picks fare.  

I'm for good moves for the Packers.  The best work Gute has done was year 1 getting Smith Bros.   Agree that the last couple TT drafts were subpar and that played into both the need and availability to add FA.

I don't think Gute has done a very good job of roster or asset management since.  If we don't give AR that contract last year, or better yet trade him we would have the assets for FA moves.   

Gute has consistently made enough bad moves to take away the freedom to really manage the roster well.   I have been and remain critical of Gute's drafting, although have high hopes for last year's draft.  Hopefully it pans out as we all hope.   We may finally get some hit after the second round.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

I wouldnt mind if Davis comes to Green Bay.......but suspect that could downgrade the round GB selects a WR. I doubt they use 15 for a WR to begin with....adding Davis would seem to make that even less likely.

I don't think Davis does anything to our WR plans, he'd be here for 2 years and then out.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

For sure. Look at the roster you posted earlier, 63 players, DL, RB ILB, CB, OL rooms look pretty comfy. EDGE just needs a guy, S just needs a guy, QB just needs a depth guy. WR and TE need multiple guys. 

Okay. Agree with the WR/TE needs....just not sure how the addition of Davis affects that situation.