Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. with as bad as the Rodgers/Packers front office had been they should have been looking for a way out instead of inking him to a stupid deal.  When Denver came calling the Packers should have been falling all over themselves to make a deal.  It doesn't even matter if Love wasn't quite ready yet ... Time to learn on the field instead of holding a clipboard again.  He'd now have a season under his belt and the Packers would have a lot of answers, plus perhaps a couple top 10 picks to help fix this thing for the next decade.  

If Love hits the turnaround doesnt need to be that long. The cap crunch will be very short and we go into it well stocked with young players to get us over the bridge.

8 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

You won't be saying that next year. And f a gm who only hits on late round picks, that's not sustainable. If a gm consistently finds first and second round diamonds - that's a keeper. Look at Gary's and jaire's drafts not the first at their position, but damn near the best player.

Who wants a GM that only hits late round picks?   We need a GM who gets contributors from the draft.  We need 3-4 real contributors from the draft consistently.

Jaire has been a huge hit.  Gary looks like a great pick, but hasn't contributed to that level thus far. People here over rate him, but still a good pick.

The problem is these are about all he got out of those drafts.   Elgton Jenkins was another home run pick.

But nothing from the 3rd rounds.   One of his 2nd round picks people give credit for is a backup RB. A low value pick.

Where are the Micah Hydes, Bakhtiari, Sittons?  TT was a great drafter.   Gute is at best average.   Average isn't good enough.  Especially in GB where free agents aren't exactly begging to come live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Who wants a GM that only hits late round picks?   We need a GM who gets contributors from the draft.  We need 3-4 real contributors from the draft consistently.

Jaire has been a huge hit.  Gary looks like a great pick, but hasn't contributed to that level thus far. People here over rate him, but still a good pick.

The problem is these are about all he got out of those drafts.   Elgton Jenkins was another home run pick.

But nothing from the 3rd rounds.   One of his 2nd round picks people give credit for is a backup RB. A low value pick.

Where are the Micah Hydes, Bakhtiari, Sittons?  TT was a great drafter.   Gute is at best average.   Average isn't good enough.  Especially in GB where free agents aren't exactly begging to come live.

The Packer's W/L record is proof enough that they dont only hit on late round draft picks. Come on....we all live in the same real world. We know their records....and they've been consistent winners. You dont achieve that by screwing up the drafts like you portray. Is Gute perfect? No - but no GM is.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

If Love hits the turnaround doesnt need to be that long. The cap crunch will be very short and we go into it well stocked with young players to get us over the bridge.

I said "fix this for the next decade".  I think we can turn it around quickly if Love is the real deal.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I said "fix this for the next decade".  I think we can turn it around quickly if Love is the real deal.

My comment wasnt fixated on the decade thought....just that I it wont take that long.

I think Love's gonna be okay. Not AR-level okay....certainly not for awhile....but okay enough to let us win the games we need to win. He'll grow from there.

The thing for me is if we can quickly get back to divisional dominance and continual playoff presence - without the requisite drop off the face of the earth calamity (with resulting high draft picks to climb back with...) - that will be something to see....and quick frankly, will be an accomplishment in and of itself.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Trading a legitimate SB shot for draft picks. We have been spoiled. 

Talking about last year's decision? There was no legitimate super bowl chance with Rodgers in Green Bay after that 9ers playoff loss. The tiniest opening left in the window slammed shut that day. 

From that point on, whether Love was ready or not, it was time to move on and get value for AR. 

4 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Talking about last year's decision? There was no legitimate super bowl chance with Rodgers in Green Bay after that 9ers playoff loss. The tiniest opening left in the window slammed shut that day. 

From that point on, whether Love was ready or not, it was time to move on and get value for AR. 

Oh really ? That’s funny. Real easy to say now. GB was like 2nd or 3rd in the NFC odds wise in the beginning of the season. But whatever you say 

Love is going to be a middle of the road QB.  The MLF system isn't going to allow him to put up gaudy numbers regularly.  

Probably much more game manager stuff than gunslinger stuff.  

Two things I'll look for in his first year.

Can he move the football consistently?

Does he die in the redzone?  Things change and are a lot different when get down there.

You gotta give him a fudge factor for the season.  He's never seen defenses designed specifically for him.   

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Packer's W/L record is proof enough that they dont only hit on late round draft picks. Come on....we all live in the same real world. We know their records....and they've been consistent winners. You dont achieve that by screwing up the drafts like you portray. Is Gute perfect? No - but no GM is.

The early good record has been built off play by TT picks and some good FA pickups made because TT left cap space for them to be done.

Now we have no cap space to operate in free agency, and are starting to see that we lack depth as TT roster ages out and we are reliant on Gute's roster building.

Gute isn't good enough thus far.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Totally agree .. it was completely closed with the loss to the Niners.  And even if there was a sliver of hope left it was crushed when Adams was traded.  

13 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The early good record has been built off play by TT picks and some good FA pickups made because TT left cap space for them to be done.

Now we have no cap space to operate in free agency, and are starting to see that we lack depth as TT roster ages out and we are reliant on Gute's roster building.

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

1wtdvy.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The cap space came from the fact that we had a 4 year stretch where our 1st round picks were Derek Sherrod, Nick Perry, Datone Jones and HHCD. 1/4 of those got a 2nd contract. In those classes I believe only Mike Daniels, Davante Adams and David Bakhtiari got 2nd contracts.

Let me let you in on a little secret on how the NFL works. There's a salary cap. Bad teams that draft bad always have the most salary cap. Good teams that give their draft picks 2nd contract do not have salary cap. 

Here's another secret, teams with elite, high paid QBs don't usually have much cap room to work with either. 

Crazy conclusion here, but it's almost as of the NFL uses the salary cap in order to promote parity amongst its teams in order to get as many fan bases as possible to feel like their team is a contender.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

Gute isn't good enough

1wtdvy.jpg

Great rebuttal as always. Those facts you provide always make me question my stance