Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

On 4/1/2023 at 4:45 PM, Sandy said:

Exactly. If Rodgers doesn't break his thumb and we go 11-6 even with his ****ty offseason conditioning and win a playoff game against a ****ty Vikings team and a ****ty Giants team to lose another NFCCG to the 9ers or Eagles, they'd just be lamenting Gute for something else.

I definitely wanted Rodgers traded after 2021, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the late season run GB made in 2022.  It really is possible to want Rodgers gone, but still enjoy the team doing well with him at QB.

• Like 5

On 4/1/2023 at 10:39 AM, hitnhope said:

The simple truth is that if it FA is his strength, he hasn't given himself that path to use anymore with how he has managed the cap and his roster.  All of the above added up mean the Packers are getting worse instead of better and have no SM wins to show for it.

Gute free agents...Z Smith, P Smith, A Amos, B Turner, D Campbell, M Lewis, lesser extent R Douglas. While retaining A Jones, J Alexander, E Jenkins.

Course, lots of other smaller moves in there.  Nixon, Ford, S Watkins....etc.

Given what Gute has had to work with...he's done a stellar job in free agency.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:29 PM, Norm said:

This isn't the trap you think it is. They have a completely warped view of what a draft is because they can look back years later at all the guys we "whiffed" on, as if they wanted all those guys. They also put that same standard on about every GM. Reality of the draft isn't a thing. They posted their name once so they wanted them SOOOOO bad and they're a genius and 31 stupid GMs passed on what guy(s) they just knew would be great.

Just more average IQ mother ****ers trying to convince themselves they're really smart. 

Man.  I waiting for a response to come in questioning intelligence and then using the wrong version of their, there and they're.

Congrats on navigating that mine field!

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Man.  I waiting for a response to come in questioning intelligence and then using the wrong version of their, there and they're.

Their just lurking, waiting for they're chance to pounce.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

It really is possible to want Rodgers gone, but still enjoy the team doing well with him at QB.

Agree - but think that late season run was a bit of a mirage. I dont recall all the games, but think the win at MIA wouldnt have happened if Tua hadnt revisted lala land and stayed in the game. Proof positive that if you want to consider yourself a playoff team, you'd better have a backup you're willing to put in the game.........and that DET loss was just plain bad. Season on the line.....win and we're in.....yet we lay a huge egg.

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

Agree - but think that late season run was a bit of a mirage. I dont recall all the games, but think the win at MIA wouldnt have happened if Tua hadnt revisted lala land and stayed in the game. Proof positive that if you want to consider yourself a playoff team, you'd better have a backup you're willing to put in the game.........and that DET loss was just plain bad. Season on the line.....win and we're in.....yet we lay a huge egg.

I'm not under any illusions about how limited the ceiling was for the 2022 Packers.  December was still fun though.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 8:51 AM, hitnhope said:

Who wants a GM that only hits late round picks?   We need a GM who gets contributors from the draft.  We need 3-4 real contributors from the draft consistently.

Jaire has been a huge hit.  Gary looks like a great pick, but hasn't contributed to that level thus far. People here over rate him, but still a good pick.

The problem is these are about all he got out of those drafts.   Elgton Jenkins was another home run pick.

But nothing from the 3rd rounds.   One of his 2nd round picks people give credit for is a backup RB. A low value pick.

Where are the Micah Hydes, Bakhtiari, Sittons?  TT was a great drafter.   Gute is at best average.   Average isn't good enough.  Especially in GB where free agents aren't exactly begging to come live.

Gutey missed on one draft ( where he still found an all-pro DB and a couple other contributers). But he has had some otherwise good looking picks at premium positions so far. It looks like has found studs at WR (Watson), Pass Rusher (Gary), Oline (Jenkins) and CB (Jaire) in his drafts so far with some other nice role players. If he adds a good QB ( and potentially good players at DI, EDGE, Oline and LB from 2022) to that resume it would be rather impressive.

Not to mention his free agency hits like Z, Preston, Campbell( at least year 1 so far), Nixon, Douglas, etc . Overall, he been above average. If he hits on Love, he will be close to elite. I think Love and the 2022/23 draft are going to determine Gutey's fate and I have more confidence in him that doubt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Gute free agents...Z Smith, P Smith, A Amos, B Turner, D Campbell, M Lewis, lesser extent R Douglas. While retaining A Jones, J Alexander, E Jenkins.

Course, lots of other smaller moves in there.  Nixon, Ford, S Watkins....etc.

Given what Gute has had to work with...he's done a stellar job in free agency.

Isn't that what I said?  Seems that FA may be his strength.  If that is the case he needs to plan for more FA money to utilize that strength.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Your stupid 

• Like 6