Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

This obsession on first round WR is just such a dumb obsession.

Rodgers had:

Greg Jenning - 2nd round (#52)

Jordy Nelson - 2nd round (#36)

James Jones - 3rd round (#78)

Davante Adams - 2nd round (#53)

And now add Watson (#34) to that list

And that's not counting TE like Finley, RB like Lacy, or guys that didn't really stick like Ty Montgomery. 

The Packers invested plenty over the years on WR/TE/RB but it's completely discounted because they do the SMART thing and don't desperately go "ooh shiny weaponz" in the first.

absolutely right

Adams-- 5x pro bowl, 2x 1st team All Pro
Jennings -- 2x pro bowl
Nelson -- 1x Pro bowl, 1x 2nd team all Pro
Cobb-- 1x pro bowl
Aaron Jones -- 1x pro bowl
Lacy -- Offensive rookie of the year, 1x pro bowl, 1x 2nd team all pro

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, R T said:

The other team is very likely the 49ers and the only way the Packers make that trade is if the Jets give them no other option.  

I wouldn't count out the Patriots honestly. That roster is better than I remember, especially with adding Juju, Reiff and Gesicki. Plus they get to steal him away and screw over a rival. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, spilltray said:

This obsession on first round WR is just such a dumb obsession.

Rodgers had:

Greg Jenning - 2nd round (#52)

Jordy Nelson - 2nd round (#36)

James Jones - 3rd round (#78)

Davante Adams - 2nd round (#53)

And now add Watson (#34) to that list

The Packers invested plenty over the years on WR/TE/RB but it's completely discounted because they do the SMART thing and don't desperately go "ooh shiny weaponz" in the first.

Not to mention that just as one could do an all-star lineup of WRs GB missed out on, one could also have a long list of 1st rd WRs/TEs that were hot garbage

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, R T said:

At the end he tips his hand that it is an NFC team. 

Didn't listen that far. Logically, that makes the 49ers about the only choice. He also mentioned if they don't get it done before the draft it isn't happening. 

49ers have no draft capital this year to get involved before the draft unless somebody would give them something of value for Lance. Not seeing that either. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Didn't listen that far. Logically, that makes the 49ers about the only choice. He also mentioned if they don't get it done before the draft it isn't happening. 

49ers have no draft capital this year to get involved before the draft unless somebody would give them something of value for Lance. Not seeing that either. 

A case could easily be made for a number of AFC teams.  Difficult to make one for an NFC team.  Carolina, Washington?  Has to be a team that thinks they're close and I don't think it's the 9'ers.  It could be GB prefers he retire and be done with it.  Trade him for more loot and if he refuses to go there let him retire?   They really screwed themselves by not moving the guy last year.

Edited by 15412

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

A case could easily be made for a number of AFC teams.  Difficult to make one for an NFC team.  Carolina, Washington?  Has to be a team that thinks they're close and I don't think it's the 9'ers.  It could be GB prefers he retire and be done with it.  Trade him for more loot and if he refuses to go there let him retire?   They really screwed themselves by not moving the guy last year.

According to Carton, it's the Niners and entails multiple 3rd round picks this year and a #1 next year.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

According to Carton, it's the Niners and entails multiple 3rd round picks this year and a #1 next year.

Wow.  How would that leak, from the Packer camp the only real possibility.  I like the get and I could care less if he goes there.  Be nice to get one good affordable D player from them on top of it though.  Just hard to believe this could seep out unless it is by design, and if it is the impasse with NY is greater than many thought.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

Wow.  How would that leak, from the Packer camp the only real possibility.  I like the get and I could care less if he goes there.  Be nice to get one good affordable D player from them on top of it though.  Just hard to believe this could seep out unless it is by design, and if it is the impasse with NY is greater than many thought.

I've no clue how accurate it all is. Personally, I've gone on record as SF being the only team I wouldnt want to trade AR to because I think it pretty much assures them a deep run in the Playoffs and I'm biased against them.  The multiple 3s would give us collateral to move around/up this year. We'll see. This will all play out soon enough.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

All 3 of their 3rd rounders are worth pick 61, so they can't come close to matching the Jets 2nd rounder. 

So unless it's a 3 team deal, just not sure how the Niners become viable.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

All 3 of their 3rd rounders are worth pick 61, so they can't come close to matching the Jets 2nd rounder. 

By offering an unprotected first in 2024 and a nonconditional second in 2025 along with the 3 thirds this year.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Their 3 third rounders, a non-conditional 1 next year and Brandon Aiyuk and I'll put Rodgers on a plane tomorrow. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Good info.